What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:30 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:
My backlog hasn't been this backed up in years.

Oh, it's only 4 hours long. And my backlog is worse. Over 1000 games, and those are just the ones I paid for legally.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:56 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote:Also, play Spec Ops dammit. Oh, and Vanquish.
I like you. I like you a lot.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 am

Been playing some Black Ops 2 Multiplayer
It's still a retarded inbalanced time waster with the worst kind of people playing it, but it's pretty satisfying to be the top player on the server.

Well, fuck you too Helicopterman

720 Microwave Nocontrol

Running around hipfiring dat MP7 is the best way to go heh.

Rose to lvl 26 in 6 hours, done okay I guess.

Also whoever complains about the shitty graphics should shut up, smoothness of game and less load on computer over cheap Eyecandy.
You're playing an FPS, not a middle east tourism simulation :lol:

But maybe it's just me cause I grew up on maps like these lol

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:49 am

Looking at that scoreboard Black Ops 2 doesn't support custom avatars does it? I thought it used Steamworks? Because if it did that'd be ripe for some trolling. I'd set myself up with a cute girl anime avatar and talk in emoticons and everything while dominating the server.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:58 am

You can make custom emblems that show up whenever you kill somebody(his) or get killed(yours), though.
The emblem in the killcam of the second picture is my custom one for example.
No freedraw, you can still draw a crude phallus with shapes but that shit gets you banned

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:15 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:Looking at that scoreboard Black Ops 2 doesn't support custom avatars does it? I thought it used Steamworks? Because if it did that'd be ripe for some trolling. I'd set myself up with a cute girl anime avatar and talk in emoticons and everything while dominating the server.

I found a voice modulator program that changes your voice to that of a cute girl. Or a demon or robot or whatever else you want.

Trolling is beautiful with that.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:01 am

I made myself a Pikachu emblem and I use the T-Rex calling card you get for completing the Cold-Blooded challenges. I don't think I'll be changing either of those for a while.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:55 pm

Sillent Hill 2:

SPOILER: Show
There was I, all happy that I was finaly getting out of those apartments trough the fire exit " I´m going to miss this place a little bit" and then...

:.They built another apartment, there is no fire exit.:

What a fun game.

Some time later I end up in a hospital. I was happy because I got a shotgun, but I accindentaly shot the woman...

Oh well, just another day in sillent hill, right?
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:48 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Sillent Hill 2:

There was I, all happy that I was finaly getting out of those apartments trough the fire exit " I´m going to miss this place a little bit" and then...

:.They built another apartment, there is no fire exit.:

What a fun game.

Some time later I end up in a hospital. I was happy because I got a shotgun, but I accindentaly shot the woman...

Oh well, just another day in sillent hill, right?
First time playing Silent Hill 2?

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:52 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:First time playing Silent Hill 2?

Yeah, it´s my first time playing a Sillent Hill game. After I finish this one I´m probably going to play Sillent Hill 3 and the original Sillent Hill.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:31 pm

2 and 3 are the best, imo.

Bought Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition and some Skylanders today.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:47 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Yeah, it´s my first time playing a Sillent Hill game. After I finish this one I´m probably going to play Sillent Hill 3 and the original Sillent Hill.

2 is pretty standalone, but you'll want to play one before 3.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:08 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Yeah, it´s my first time playing a Sillent Hill game. After I finish this one I´m probably going to play Sillent Hill 3 and the original Sillent Hill.
Well be sure to post what you think when you complete it here. I always find it interesting to see what other people think of SH2.

Also, SH2 is standalone whilst 3 is a direct ****** to 1. Other than that all the SH games can be played standalone (though Origins is a prequel to 1 and 3).

Been playing Zone of the Enders 2 some more.
God, this writing is so bad. I wish I'd found it when I was younger and would've probably liked this writing. It doesn't help that the gameplay so far has been far less enjoyable than the original. Everyone seems to prefer 2 to 1 so either ZoE is worse than I remember or ZoE 2 picks up fairly soon.

Also been playing Assassin's Creed 3.
Really like the character you play as when you first go into the animus. Too bad I know this guy gets replaced with Connor who from what I've seen and heard isn't half as interesting as Noble Londoner McClassyAsFuck.
Although, AC3 gets points for dumbest opening of the series:
ImageNO ONE COULD
EVER
SEE ME HERE.

Omegagouki
Shikigami of the Castle
Shikigami of the Castle

Postby Omegagouki » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:05 am

Combo videos like this give me good expectations on how the full version of this game will turn out. The demo juuust came out at Comiket. I managed to get a copy thank you DLsites, and had a lot of fun messing around with it. Only three characters in the demo, but the full version will more than likely have more... of course that'll be a while.
PSN/Steam: Zentillion | Tum8lr
8luh 8luh
Sill (and always) promoting Homestuck

chazthesilencer
Lilin
Lilin

Let me show you my happily wasted time

Postby chazthesilencer » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:22 am

Advance Wars: Dual Strike; every time I think I’ve had enough of this game I find something else to do with it.

^I checked the stats page and it turns out that I've spent over 300 hours of my life playing this, I can only imagine the figure including time spent playing the original Advance Wars and AW2. If not for AW: Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin this really would be the best game series [s]on handheld[/s] [s]turn-based strategy[/s] ever.

My flatmate brought his PS3 to Munich, so I’ve been sampling a few of the console’s exclusives- such as Heavy Rain.
I Passed the Bear and Butterfly trials without any trouble. Opted for the axe with the Lizard trial, ouch. Failed the Shark (LOL I'm a goody-two-shoes) but correctly sussed-out the Rat. Earned the "Four Heroes" ending. Woot.

This is the sort of thing you want to show the grown-ups. It was an enjoyable little experience on the whole; but I doubt I’ll ever play it again.

I’m bored out of my skull so have gotten into Skyrim. This game is so goddamn brown, eurgh…
Sod the swords and sorcery- I’m a sneaky, wooden-Elf archer. I miss V.A.T.S…
Us Animay watching evageeks gotta stick together! - Joy Evangelion

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:43 am

^ Wow, that's awesome. That reminds me, I should play Advance Wars again. Rome: Total War distracted me from it and during this Christmas vacation I've been playing nothing but The World Ends With You - which is simply too awesome. Apart from some iffy plot turns and characters, it's a really splendid game in all of its aspects. It inspires me to try different tactics and replays all the time. In fact, I stopped my first playthrough in the 3rd week and started again since it took me such a long time to grasp all the tricks and features of the complex gameplay system. Every time I start playing the game it ends up consuming more of my time than anything else. It's not uncommon for me to start playing around 4 PM and then notice around 11 PM that I'm still playing it. :lol:
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 am

Has anyone played Pay Day The Heist? Is it a good bro-op game and is the multiplayer still active (do people still play it)? Alternatively any tips for some good bro-op games? Already got Killing Floor, Portal 2, L4D 2, Borderlands 1 and 2. Was thinking more along the lines of Killing Floor and L4D if possible.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:18 am

View Original PostOz wrote:The World Ends With You

I thought you watched Zero Punctuation, what courage you have :lol:

I wish I was as good in calculus.

Oz
Finland Miracle
Finland Miracle

Postby Oz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:05 am

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:I thought you watched Zero Punctuation, what courage you have :lol:

Actually I had completely forgotten his take on the game when I started to play, but rediscovered while googling about the game.

While he makes a good point about the storytelling not being any different from other JRPGs, he only resorts to making the usual jokes about how weird and unenjoyable that is for him - ignoring that for the most part the story itself is certainly above average for any game. He also completely disregards the decent thematics the game has by comparing it to Sesame Street while it's much closer to Evangelion.

On top of that, it's obvious he didn't really understand the combat system when he claims that he didn't notice any differences when using clothes of certain fashion brands in the game. Had he actually devoted some time to try the system out he would have noticed that finding the right combination of clothing gives the player a much more significant advantage as well as advantages with the right store clerks if you're smart enough to spend your money in only a couple of stores (which in turn leads to neat bonus items etc).

Furthermore, he criticized the combat itself for being confusing thanks to the use of both screens while that is the thing I enjoy the most since it's quite groundbreaking and adds a whole new element to player's combat strategy. He also suggests that controlling the other character doesn't matter "since the result is always the same", which proves that he didn't even figure it out because completing the right combos in the upper screen while using the pins in the lower screen makes it much easier for the player to take on bigger groups of enemies and complete battles faster. If one only uses the lower screen it takes an eternity to finish the battles and it also requires much more healing since the upper screen is bound to take more damage that way.

In other words: it's ZP as usual. Making fun of gameplay and story features from one limited perspective and not even implying that there could be good sides to it. While it can be quite funny and entertaining in some cases, it can also be infuriatingly ignorant in others. Hence why I stopped checking his videos almost a year ago.
"I'd really like to have as much money as you have, Oz" - robersora
"No you wouldn't. Oz's secret is he goes without food to buy that stuff. He hasn't eaten in years." - Brikhaus

"Often I get the feeling that deep down, your little girl is struggling with your embrace of filmfaggotry and your loldeep fixations, and the conflict that arises from such a contradiction is embodied pretty well in Kureha's character. But obviously it's not any sort of internal conflict that makes the analogy work. It's the pigtails." - Merridian
"Oh, Oz, I fear I'm losing my filmfag to the depths of Japanese pop. If only there were more films with Japanese girls in glow-in-the-dark costumes you'd be the David Bordwell of that genre." - Jimbo
"Oz, I think we need to stage an intervention and force you to watch some movies that aren't made in Japan." - Trajan

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm

View Original PostOz wrote:In other words: it's ZP as usual. Making fun of gameplay and story features from one limited perspective and not even implying that there could be good sides to it. While it can be quite funny and entertaining in some cases, it can also be infuriatingly ignorant in others. Hence why I stopped checking his videos almost a year ago.
The more I watch of ZP the more I realise he knows very little about video games. He generally just says "I like this" or much more commonly "I dislike this it is shit dick joke" with no sign of understanding why that element is there, how it works or it's place in the game as a whole. He's just entertainment and fortunately he seems fully aware of this and embraces it.
Does anyone watch Errant Signal? Now he seems to have a much better understanding of video games and a much more balanced and thought out opinion. Hyper Bit Hero's pretty good too though hasn't done many videos.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”