What are you currently playing? [3]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 pm

I've been playing Scribblenauts Unlimited as of late. You can make custom content for it, and someone made some EVA items. Ramiel, Rei, the Lance of Longinus and all the EVA units are available. Fun stuff.

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

Postby Fazmotron » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:28 am

Anyone playing the Firefall Beta?

A friend of mine invited me and I'm really getting into it, so much so that I bought a founders pack.
If you're interested now is a good time to buy because they're all 25% off: [url]http://beta.firefallthegame.com/founders[/url]
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:23 pm

The VK3001 (P) is pretty fun when you get it going.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:22 pm

I picked up XCOM Enemy Unknown yesterday since it was 33% off on steam! I am enjoying it but wow it is tough... it's really unforgiving of any and every mistake you make and can be extremely frustrating at times because of that. If you like turn based strategy or strategy games in general I would say check it out if you want a challenge.
"If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid." - Me
"Has anyone ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" - Akio's most famous line.
Akio in Lance of LoL's Rebuild RP
Steam/PSN: MAGI_01 Origin: MAGI_02
Interested in a FMA based RP? Then check this out!

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:30 pm

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:I picked up XCOM Enemy Unknown yesterday since it was 33% off on steam! I am enjoying it but wow it is tough... it's really unforgiving of any and every mistake you make and can be extremely frustrating at times because of that. If you like turn based strategy or strategy games in general I would say check it out if you want a challenge.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Try the original. It's much harder. And the easiest mode in the sequel to the original is harder than the hardest mode in the original. AFter those games, the new XCOM is child's play.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Got Silent Hill Downpour for Christmas. Gonna need to get crackin' on that sooner or later.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:19 pm

View Original Postchild of Lilith wrote:Got Silent Hill Downpour for Christmas. Gonna need to get crackin' on that sooner or later.
I really need to get that. I've heard it's one of the only ones that sorta got Silent Hill right.

Got Chivalry in the steam sales. Finally found something to scratch the [s]addiction[/s] itch I got from the cRPG mod of Mount and Blade which I dropped because fuck you and your overpriced armour repair costs, game. Fuck you and a half.

Anyone played Far Cry 3? If so how is it? Kinda wanna get it, though I'm on the fence. The writer said he wrote it as a subversion of modern tropes in games but nobody got it and I want to see if it's just that game journalists are dense or if the writer's just shitty and pretentious.
SPOILER: Show
Besides, Spec Ops The Line beat him to it and probably did a much better job.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Far Cry 3 is actually quite good, although it gets so many gun things wrong.

HAVE SOME PROPER TRIGGER DISCIPLINE, SERIOUSLY. PLEASE.

It's certainly an improvement over this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

Postby Monk Ed » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:22 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote:It's certainly an improvement over this:

Apparently his body spontaneously generates shrapnel! And they generate oxygen upon removal! And...

I've never played the game, and usually whole-heartedly embrace (not forgive, embrace) games' unrealisms, but that's just hilarious.
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:32 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Apparently his body spontaneously generates shrapnel! And they generate oxygen upon removal! And...

I've never played the game, and usually whole-heartedly embrace (not forgive, embrace) games' unrealisms, but that's just hilarious.

Haven't played Far Cry 2 in a long time, but as far as i know the guy would have to be actively looking for such a "glitch" to happen, so it doesn't bother my immersion that much. But yeah the video was pretty hilarious.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:32 pm

View Original Postssguy wrote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Try the original. It's much harder. And the easiest mode in the sequel to the original is harder than the hardest mode in the original. AFter those games, the new XCOM is child's play.

That's what i've been reading about the original... I am tempted to try it just to see how far I can get before I find it impossible and give up lol. I'll have to pick it up, along with a few other games sometime after Christmas.

Far Cry 3 looks awesome. All of my friends that have played it say it's definitely worth the money. Probably a much needed break from so many CoD clones.

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby ssguy » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 pm

View Original PostMonk Ed wrote:Apparently his body spontaneously generates shrapnel! And they generate oxygen upon removal! And...

It had a unique health system. After losing the second bar of health, you need to fix your wounds to get your health back. It was meant to add more tension to gunfights; you'd need to hide behind something and heal yourself while being completely vulnerable. As you can see, it was stupid.

View Original PostMAGI_01 wrote:That's what i've been reading about the original... I am tempted to try it just to see how far I can get before I find it impossible and give up lol. I'll have to pick it up, along with a few other games sometime after Christmas.

If you get a casualty rate of less than 98.7% you are either cheating or lying.

MAGI_01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Postby MAGI_01 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:19 am

View Original Postssguy wrote:If you get a casualty rate of less than 98.7% you are either cheating or lying.

I had to take a second look at that percentage haha. Now I can't wait to play the original. I can just hear the conversation with my friends now: "My casualty rate is 99.3% whats yours?" "Damn only 99.3? Mines 99.9%!" haha!

Anyways... Crysis 3 is looking good from the trailers i've seen... I am hoping Crytek made it to be more like the first one. Crysis 2 was meh... so much wasted potential. If 3 turns out like 2 I will be severely disappointed. Far Cry 3 turned out pretty damn good from what I've been told so there is still hope I guess.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:35 pm

View Original PostTankred wrote:The VK3001 (P) is pretty fun when you get it going.

Did what I think just happened just happen here?
(Going downhill and going full frontal on a lesser tank)

Also, I sold my T1E6 christmas gift for a derpgun for my Matilda and a bitching camouflage net.
I'm going to so regret this.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:38 pm

Sillent Hill 2: :.Select original or new voices?.:

Huh, I went with the originals(don´t know wich one is best). The game looks interesting so far...
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:54 pm

View Original PostInstrumentalityOne wrote:Did what I think just happened just happen here?
(Going downhill and going full frontal on a lesser tank)

T20's at tier VII, hilariously, though it is underpowered.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:29 pm

View Original PostJustacrazyguy wrote:Sillent Hill 2: :.Select original or new voices?.:

Huh, I went with the originals(don´t know wich one is best). The game looks interesting so far...

You have no idea of the relief i felt when i read that :lol:

You've made an excellent decision crazyguy :thumbsup:

I admit i am a bit curious as to which ending you'll get and what you end up thinking of the game.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Justacrazyguy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:44 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:You have no idea of the relief i felt

The "new" voices are that bad?

Anyway, I´m also playing Assassins Creed III: Liberation: It´s being good, but I have this feeling they could have done much better in the story department, it´s being a bit bland right now.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 pm

The voices sound about the same in quality to me.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby liquidus118 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Bought Far Cry 3 today.
Oh my. This is so much better than I had expected.

Also bought Zone of the Enders HD for ZoE2.
Oh my. This is so much more disappointing than I had expected.
Also I have never wanted someone to be good at writing more than I do Kojima. I'll bet I'd be loving ZoE2 if he could just write it properly and do better dialogue.
The gameplay itself somehow seems worse to the original, which is funny since the original is nothing but a prototype gameplay-wise and prologue story wise. The plot of the original is literally just "You there! Boy! Deliver this mecha to the ******! A ****** which by the way sounds 10x more interesting than what you're going to be doing, kiddo."
My experience with the gameplay of ZoE2 so far I feel can be best described as challenging but unsatisfying and kind of dull. I seriously hope that more interesting weapons and enemies and environments get introduced and quick.

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”