Good game reviewers?

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Fallingtogrey
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Fallingtogrey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Not really.
Last edited by Fallingtogrey on Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fear. It is something vital to us puny creatures. The instant Man stops fearing is the instant the species will reach a dead end, only to sink to pitiable lows, only to sit and wait apathetically for extinction!"

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:55 pm

Spoony is horrible. One of the worst.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:21 pm

View Original PostMcDirty wrote:TWIN-PERFECT

They're a less known group just starting off, but their reviews are quite good. Their Real Silent Hill Experience is probably the best analysis and review of the Silent Hill franchise online.
One of their members, Fungo, also does some reviews.

I did watch TRSHE in it's entirely a few times a few months ago, when I was replaying all the games and completely fascinated to the point of immersion in the series mythology. While I dug it overall, I was left a bit lukewarm to their treatment of the later games in the series. While I haven't played Origins and Homecoming, but know those two are meant to exist in the same continuity as the first four, I can kind of get on board with their criticism of how those games seem to not know how the metaphysics of their fictional world work. That said, Shattered Memories was a work of genius, and aside from a few valid game play criticisms, they mostly bashed it relentlessly for being different from the other ones.

I also kind of dig their movie reviews, and this is despite them constantly coming off as arrogantly alpha-dorks. They are pretty damn funny at times, and while I like their loudmouth shtick have little sympathy for people who feel whine "my opinions are being stepped on, stop assertive yourself, ehhhh" something about them rubs me the wrong way. Probably the aforementioned alpha-dorkness.

ZapX wrote:Spoony is horrible. One of the worst.

I've only seen one or two of his videos and thought he was okay. Obviously, if I really liked him, I would have bothered to watch more, but I'm interested as to why you hate him. Hatred is like a gentle caress of the genitals, you know.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:00 pm

I don't hate him, I just don't agree with just about anything he says. I mostly know him from wrestling reviews rather than video games and he embodies most of the things I dislike about fans of either.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

I personally enjoy Angry Joe as well since his reviews are always fun to watch.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”