What are you currently playing? [2]

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

John
Adam

Postby John » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:25 am

Battlefield 3 Beta and saving some more money to buy Portal 2 (After I had to buy an extra 500GB external HDD because my laptop is gonna explode soon).
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

PhoenixInShadow
Embryo

Postby PhoenixInShadow » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:07 pm

For a few weeks now I have been playing through The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (it's actually the first time I've EVER played OoT despite having a N64 back in the day), and I could not be more pleased with the game. I haven't been so drawn into a game for a long time. I'm also playing Ico (on the PS3 collection) and loving it.

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:34 pm

Super Robot Pinball (FUCK YEAH 8-BIT CRUEL ANGEL'S THESIS)
Super Robot Taisen Original Generation
Super Robot Wars D
Super Robot Wars Advance

I play lot of SRW...
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:45 pm

Yakuza Dead Souls announced for 2012 release.

http://kotaku.com/5846866/prepare-to-yakuza-in-2012-with-dead-souls/gallery/

Yakuza, but with... zombies....

WHAT

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:46 am

Beat Gears of War 3 with a friend. Not half bad.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:33 am

So, I'm not playing them, but I always heard about how graphic the Manhunt games were, so I'm watching footage of them on youtube. All I have to say is: HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

Postby TehDonutKing » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:22 pm

I never thought they were that bad, compared to my fantasies when I'm stressed.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:43 pm

I agree. I've played both and they're really not as brutal as people say. Well, unless they're talking about the difficulty of the first game. The second was a cakewalk in comparison.
"Let the right one in. Let the old dreams die. Let the wrong ones go. They cannot do, what you want them to do."- Morrissey, Let the Right One Slip In

"Happy people can be so cruel"- Claudia, Silent Hill 3

"everlasting, true love, I am yours"- Rule of Rose

KingXanaduu
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby KingXanaduu » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:20 am

Right now, I'm finally able to play Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D on my 3DS. I just finished beating King Dodongo and getting the Goron Ruby.
"You're na�ve, Cecil. Even knowing betrayal and despair, you would depend on the whims of others?" - Golbez
---------------------------------------
Sephiroth: "Do you miss the Light?"
Golbez: "Hmph...I merely have duties to fulfill."
Sephiroth: "Too close to the brightness, and you may get scorched."
Golbz:.............
Golbez: Your loss can strengthen you.

"NGE Shinji is broken, Manga Shinji is an asshole, Rebuild Shinji is an idiot. Which is best? Uh, can I get some other options? All of these really suck." -Bagheera

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

Postby backseatjesus » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:08 am

Guess I must not be as desensitized to violence as I thought. Graphically, they don't show what they could show, but I still think the execution of the kills are disturbing, but that might be because I fill in the missing gore by thinking about it.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Postby ZapX » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:31 pm

Finished Resistance 3 this week. It was a pretty decent game but nothing that special. I'd play it if you're a fan of the series.

Batman is next.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

MasonFighter
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby MasonFighter » Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:19 pm

Replaying the first Grandia on PSN. Despite the poor voice acting, it's easily my favorite JRPG of all time, especially the music (Col. Mullen's theme stands out as a personal favorite). It's a shame the sequels weren't any good.
"In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same."
"Wars are rarely fought between good and evil; Most are between one good and another good."

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 am

IM IN DESPAIR
MINECRAFT ON ANDROID HAS LEFT ME IN DESPAIR

John
Adam

Postby John » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:01 pm

OMG! Minecraft is so AWESOME! :rageface:
Now that the Battlefield beta will finish, I'll have to go back to build cubes here and there... again... and again... and again...
We'll destroy everything , and we'll keep destroying it until it looks like all the bad things -all the sad things- never even happened at all.

Tankred
Anime Ja Nai
Anime Ja Nai

Postby Tankred » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:53 pm

MechCommander 2, haven't played in 2 years.

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:26 pm

I'm about halfway (I think?) through Rage right now, and loving every minute of it. I was able to get it during a midnight release, but I couldn't start playing it until recently. Unfortunately I didn't have enough space to install it onto my Xbox so I've got to put up with the megatextures loading every time I go somewhere, but I'm really impressed by the loading times. Saves are lightning-fast and the loading times going into towns are an acceptable length.

I'm not a fan of driving games, so at first I was concerned I wouldn't like the driving aspect of the game. However, they really made the experience enjoyable. There are a few things here and there that bug me about it (like how my tracking rockets fail more often than enemies'), but overall it's way better than I expected.

The First Person Shooter aspect is flawless, as I expected from the masters of FPS. They spent a lot of time making sure each gun's feel was realistic and impressive, and they absolutely succeeded in this regard.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Alastor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Alastor » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:16 pm

Add Super Robot Wars L and Girlfriend of Steel to that list I posted earlier.
"Are you suggesting Toji was nearly killed because his eva had a yeast infection?" - NemZ
"You know...pretty much everybody has a motive to kill Kaji. So let's just take this to it's logical conclusion and say Pen-Pen killed Kaji in a jealous fit of rage over Misato." - Trajan

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Guyver Spawn » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:22 pm

I have been playing Rage for the past week. Really love the game, one of the best FPS that I have played in a long time. I've just finished the Authority Prison, I can't stop playing it since it's so much fun and the graphics are very well done as well.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Xous
Lilith

Postby Xous » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:55 pm

Just finished Rage... Spoiler for people who still haven't finished it / those who eventually want to play it:
SPOILER: Show
What a terrible ending. This is coming from an id fan and someone who isn't hard to please. While the ending is perfect as a cliffhanger, it makes for a terrible and insanely abrupt conclusion to an extremely enjoyable game. Of course people reply with "there will probably be DLC" or "that's what Rage 2 will be for," but that shouldn't have to be the case. An ending like this - especially since it's coming from id Software, which is known for some amazing final bosses - is just unacceptable.

Before going on the final mission, people around the town speak of a "60 foot tall monster" (or something like that) and you're given the most powerful weapon in the entire game. But... There was nothing. No big final boss. No bigger, stronger enemy to justify even using the strongest gun (I saved all of my ammo for a big boss, and never even got to use the gun). I don't think it's unfair to say this was perhaps the biggest "HA HA, GOTCHA!" moment in recent video game history. I'm starting to think the title Rage was meant for this ending all along.

To make matters worse, unless you saved before entering the final town, you can't ever go back and play through the Wasteland to get what you missed. You're left to start an entirely new file. It's hard to blame someone for not making a file before entering the final town. There's no "Once you go, there's no turning back" message like most games have (and for the games that don't have that message, you're able to go back). The closest you get to that message is a character saying the typical "Many have entered, but none have ever left" message, which in every single game I've ever played means my character would be the first to go in and leave. Which is probably what happens after the credits finish rolling, but you can't play after that.

Ultimately... This is by far the most disappointing ending I've ever experienced, and there was absolutely no reason for it. And on top of that, to have all of my hard work just sitting there for me to only be able to look at and go, "Gee, wish I would have made a separate save file..." Just awful. I'm still in shock they found a way to ruin one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a long time.

So now I'm playing through on Nightmare mode... Though if I get sick of playing, I'll just go back and play through the .hack//G.U. games again.
Current Eva-related project: Drawing Angels #1 - 17. Progress: Sketching Ireul. [On Standby]

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Since coming to college, my love for video games has returned; rather, I've regressed back to my childlike passion for the media. At the moment, I am currently playing (in order of prominence):

Fallout: New Vegas
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
Dead Space 2
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage (blast from the fucking past, right? Nostalgia at its finest)
Half-Life (entire series)
Kingdom Hearts II
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy VII

I'm going to fail college if I let this hobby get out of control.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”