Asuka is hot!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:53 pm

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:
SPOILER: Show

I love this picture because Asuka looks fabulous.
... I hate this picture because Asuka has her hands clasped right infront of where her cleaveage should be. FFFFF-
Voluntary Illusion.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Asuka's smile comes in four flavors, as far as I can tell:

"You seem upset..."

"I don't give a shit!"

"I'm gonna violate you!"

and "No, really, I don't give a shit," into which it seems to me the omedetou pic falls.

View Original PostEvangelionFan wrote:... I hate this picture because Asuka has her hands clasped right infront of where her cleaveage should be. FFFFF-

Cleavage? In the sundress? Surely you jest
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

rhfxz1s
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby rhfxz1s » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:00 am

[URL=http://imgur.com/U5dhO]Image[/URL]

Insane Asuka is scary.
Last edited by rhfxz1s on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

Postby esselfortium » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:10 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:You seem upset..."

Oh god the off-model, it hurts

KogareruAsuka
Adam

Postby KogareruAsuka » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 am

both suits are pretty damn sexy IMHO...

Mari seems to like the slutsuit enough to kidnap our dear Asuka even...
Scheiss!... Even without my umbilical cable attached... I've still got 12,000 plates of fortified armor! And I've got my AT field!...There's no way I can lose! EAT THIS ARSCHLOCH!

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 am

View Original PostBornIn1142 wrote:Anway, I just disagree. The normal female plugsuits obviously sexualize, but they're worlds apart from the test suit. I really can't emphasize the second point enough though. The idea of Asuka going through what she did while looking like something from a street corner is hard for me to take seriously. I imagine that's the case for most people who dislike the slutsuit.

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Yep. The normal suits are not appreciably different from wetsuits, but the test suit is obviously meant to titillate (and deliberately so; that whole scene is a commentary on the fetishization of Eva in general and the girls in particular, and while I appreciate the intent there it's still nauseating in practice).

I have not yet got used to Asuka's plugsuit in Rebuild. I never really know why but somehow I think it looks a bit "too hot". I think you've all stated it out clearer than what I could have said. I won't call it slutsuit or wholesale fetishization yet -- but still.. would not mind seeing it in doujin but as official remake I still don't know why they put so much changes to Asuka...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:53 am

View Original Postrhfxz1s wrote:Insane Asuka is scary.

When you said "scary", did you mean "a godlike quasi-androgyne of two spirits, merging with the simulacrum of her mother, gilled and blended in all the arts of the star-wounded East, under water and in fire and in metal and in ash, six times the wise, the union of male and female, the sex-death of visual language and unique in all the middle world," perhaps? Because it seems to me that that is in fact what insane Asuka is!

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Oh god the off-model, it hurts

It's Action Arc, what're you gonna do :rolleyes:
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby COACH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:10 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:You people have no taste.

I probably lol'd a lot harder than I should have. Never change, Reich'.

Anyway, about the slutsuit, what's the big deal? Sure it looks kinda ridiculous (why would somebody at Nerv or whatever design a suit for a fourteen-year-old girl that way?), but if we're talking 'sexy,' surely something that revealing can't be a turn-off? And Asuka's character design in NME is definitely cuter, there's no denying it. (In b4 someone denies it.)

@Azathoth: The "Chaaaaance!" smirk from episode 8 is also great.
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:18 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Cleavage? In the sundress? Surely you jest

Image ... you just don't understand
Voluntary Illusion.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:19 am

View Original PostXard wrote:I'm pretty sure getting dakimakuras of anime characters comes before
tattooing anime characters in scale of "losing it"

Merridian wrote:anyone who gets a dakimakura is off his rocker,

Oh.... you were discussing dakimakura only not so long ago... how appropriate and timely... :tongue: :nod: :thumbsup:

"off his rocker" ?!? No no no... :tsk: It is pretty harmless thing to own and it is like poster but better because you can always touch it without worrying of crumpling it :)

Actually I find KogareruAsuka's tattoo really very well done. Problem with me on tattoo is, besides the pain, how tricky it is to remove it later. There are so many horror tales about people getting their lover's name tattooed only to have a lot of troubles removing it when they broke up. But I guess love with Asuka should last much longer :) And besides that, in Japan onsen or public bath can ban people with tattoo from entering because of its association with yakuza...

View Original PostXard wrote:Quite frankly, if you watch and like anime and don't hate yourself you're mentally ill

HHHAAAA???!!!??? I sense some guilty sinful complex here.. but this is the most unlikely thing that cross my mind when I watch and LOVE anime. Maybe a bit guilty at not using the time to do something more "productive" but never hating myself. I feel liberated and pampered when I watch anime (and read manga), and I am proud of it. I am sure lots of people here in Japan or East Asia would agree with that, and I am not talking about otakus, just general people who like anime.
Last edited by symbv on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby COACH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 am

View Original Postsymbv wrote:And besides that, in Japan onsen or public bath can ban people with tattoo from entering because of its association with yakuza...

I always found that really silly. A woman with a heart tattooed on her ankle, or a "tramp stamp," obviously isn't a gang member. (Assuming they would enforce it in that situation...) And a yakuza without a tattoo could easily come in and cause trouble, so it doesn't exactly address the issue. Also yay discrimination.

View Original Postsymbv wrote:HHHAAAA???!!!??? I sense some guilty sinful complex here.. but this is the most unlikely thing that cross my mind when I watch and LOVE anime. Maybe a bit guilty at not using the time to do something more "productive" but never hating myself. I feel liberated and pampered when I watch anime (and read manga), and I am proud of it. I am sure lots of people here in Japan or East Asia would agree with that, and I am not talking about otakus, just general people who like anime.

Hey, it's no less productive than guys watching the latest ball game, or youth watching the latest episode of Jersey Shore. (Barf.)
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:28 am

View Original PostCOACH wrote:And Asuka's character design in NME is definitely cuter, there's no denying it. (In b4 someone denies it.)

I've been denying it for the last four pages, haven't I? Or is it all slutsuit ranting? At any rate Skinny's design looks like ass to me, although to be fair a lot of my complaints about Rebuild's weird, washed-out colors are hardly limited to her. Her hair is the worst hit, though. Softened lines everywhere, brown highlights, and the color of vomit...

I'm not sure whether I should :asuka_sad: or :asuka_miffed:

View Original PostCOACH wrote:@Azathoth: The "Chaaaaance!" smirk from episode 8 is also great.

Yeah, that's about halfway between "I'm gonna violate you" and "I don't give a shit", isn't it? Shamefully for an Asuka-worshipper I lack a good cap of it.

And so this post isn't solely limited to me bitching, how about one of my favorite pieces of fanart ever:

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby COACH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:33 am

I thought you just didn't like the suit. Guess it is possible to deny it. :)
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Postby Azathoth » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:38 am

Hmm. I thought I'd complained about Shikinami's design here before. Possibly in some other thread. Did I mention I don't like the Test Suit either? :lol:

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:And so this post isn't solely limited to me bitching, how about one of my favorite pieces of fanart ever:

Shoujo Asuka!! I LOVE IT !!
The face looks really Shoujo (bordering on Josei)

:asuka_thumbsup:
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Asuka's smile comes in four flavors, as far as I can tell:

"You seem upset..."

Heh. Are you sure that's not the "violate you!" one? Image

When you said "scary", did you mean "a godlike quasi-androgyne of two spirits, merging with the simulacrum of her mother, gilled and blended in all the arts of the star-wounded East, under water and in fire and in metal and in ash, six times the wise, the union of male and female, the sex-death of visual language and unique in all the middle world," perhaps?

Copy -> paste -> save_as. Where is that from, by the way? :)

You know, it's a pity we never got to see Asuka *enjoying* her Sega skills...

"BOOM HEADSHOT!" :toothy:

Maybe it's just me, but there seems to be the shadow of exhaustion in the middle Asuka's smile. What warmth it contains doesn't reach her eyes. It tempers the sexy with a shade of sadness...
Last edited by Fireand'chutes77 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Merridian
Angel
Angel

Postby Merridian » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:40 am

But... but... her Test Suit is the best part. :(

Fireand'chutes77 wrote:Copy -> paste -> save_as. Where is that from, by the way?
Azathoth had me there. I was about to say something about Mercurius, but then I did an internet search and realized WAIT, this isn't an alchemical reference! This is from a video game that I used to play in high school!
Last edited by Merridian on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

Postby symbv » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 am

View Original PostFireand'chutes77 wrote:
You know, it's a pity we never got to see Asuka *enjoying* her Sega skills...

"BOOM HEADSHOT!" :toothy:

Would be better if the characters in the pic look more like Asuka and Shinji... I could not tell it's from Eva straight away from the pic.... :-p
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

COACH
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby COACH » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:47 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Hmm. I thought I'd complained about Shikinami's design here before. Possibly in some other thread.

Probably, I just must've missed the posts. This is honestly the first time I recall seeing complaints about the Test Suit even, so...

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Did I mention I don't like the Test Suit either? :lol:

Hmm... No, not in recent memory. :D
「世界の中心でアイを叫んだけもの」
THE BEAST
ABSOLUTE TERROR FIELD

BiQ
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

Postby BiQ » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:49 am

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:Yeah, that's about halfway between "I'm gonna violate you" and "I don't give a shit", isn't it? Shamefully for an Asuka-worshipper I lack a good cap of it.

Allow me, then, to try to alleviate this:

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”