Image Request Thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Re: Image Request Thread

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:49 pm

Those pics look awesome! Especially the scale model of the city.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:38 pm

View Original PostIgRAzm wrote:I guess you've meant art or illustration for the latter 3, either that or you've uploaded the gifs in a form of static pictures.

Yup, art (My brain can be so fuzzy at times to times as if i'm wasted, whereas i hate drinking. That's when my english becomes all gibberish). And no, those aren't gifs. Just some regular pics i found on web. I would've posted them as they're if those were gifs.
Blockio wrote:Berserker, you're the new resident image wizard :P

Well....ummm, ok. I guess i've to take it. :tongue:

Glad i could be of help.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Gen3
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Gen3 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:26 am

Here's a picture from The End of Evangelion. Is there any chance of identifying the actress?
SPOILER: Show

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:46 am

Probably not lmao
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:50 am

First of all, what do you make of that image? To me it looks like a breast, but then what happened with the arms and neck? The positions are weirdly inaccurate. If my guess is correct, then possibly Miyamura?
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:26 am

I can't find it, but there's a toopic on EGF (pretty recent) discussing who it might be. I really doubt it was Miyamura.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."

evb
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evb » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:24 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Does anyone have a group of images by an artist where the Evangelion are slightly bigger than human size wearing human clothing with no armour and interacting with the pilots (Being like big brothers or parents)

Resolved thank you Reichu.

Artist is Aurelian.

I wonder what happened to them.... they’ve been offline on here and tumblr for a long time lol. I couldn’t find them on other sites either.
what

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:37 pm

View Original Postevb wrote:
View Original Postsilvermoonlight#897585 wrote:Does anyone have a group of images by an artist where the Evangelion are slightly bigger than human size wearing human clothing with no armour and interacting with the pilots (Being like big brothers or parents)

Resolved thank you Reichu.

Artist is Aurelian.

I wonder what happened to them.... they’ve been offline on here and tumblr for a long time lol. I couldn’t find them on other sites either.

You can find them here as the user has an account they might show in the older fanworks thread. https://forum.evageeks.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6608
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:20 pm

View Original PostMarqFJA87 wrote:Does anyone have a higher-quality version of this image? Better yet, does anyone know where it's from? It looks official, like a screenshot/screencap from the TV series or one of the spin-off games.

I think that is from one of the video games on Sega Saturn, leaning towards Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2nd Impression.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:13 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:
View Original Postevb#905488 wrote:I wonder what happened to them.... they’ve been offline on here and tumblr for a long time lol. I couldn’t find them on other sites either.

You can find them here as the user has an account they might show in the older fanworks thread. https://forum.evageeks.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6608

Looked up their posts in that thread, several if not all are offsite links that are currently broken.
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:20 pm

Anyone have the full illustration of Asuka and Rei here?

I think it's one of the very few Sadamoto illustrations I haven't fully seen.

This came with the Japanese Eva volume 13 manga btw.

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:47 am

Searched through a lot of Sadamato art collection there exists online. Found every one of them except that-
bottom right  SPOILER: Show

top right  SPOILER: Show

This one kinda looks similar. I mean if you crop out Shinji, lower Rei's hand and place Asuka a little closer that'll be it.

Probably that's a different one. But sorry, I couldn't find that.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:18 am

Yeah it's a different illustration than those. But thanks! :)

The first one you linked is actually the cover of volume 13 special edition.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:27 am

Searching my folder on Pinterest I found this one, but it has a watermark "SAMPLE":
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:34 am

∆ Thanks!! I might be able to find out without the watermark now.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:01 am

Please, if you find it, post it here.
I only know that this illustration is from 2010, when Sadamoto's manga came back from a hiatus.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:06 am

Yeah, only thing I've found out is it was the cover for Young Ace Magazine may 2010.

I'm sure a search by date would help, but that function is broken for me?

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 am

If you are using Google, for some reason some functions have been experiencing CSS problems for two days. The page show a broken layout.
Last edited by JoelcrNeto on Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:23 am

It was used in may 2010 as a cover already:

I just don't know if the full pic was included. Searching around may 2010 results might help.

EDIT:

Somehow I've found this:

Didn't find a bigger one. One version was supposedly bigger, but it's an url that leads to this official Kadokawa pdf (which contains the illustration but covered up).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fir.kadokawa.co.jp%2Fir%2Flibrary%2Fpdf_k%2Freport%2F591.pdf&psig=AOvVaw3LjYH51LNpVSmDtuBubDRy&ust=1611068514892000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCNjp1IXgpe4CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
Well, some succes there. We did it.

MarqFJA87
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby MarqFJA87 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:02 am

I don't suppose there's a single repository of all this official art?
"Our magic is not omnipotent. A little bit of courage is the true magic."
–Negi Springfield, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

"Where there is distress, therein lies a story. Where there is a story, therein lies a will. And wherever there is a will, therein lies a soul."
–Evangeline A.K. McDowell, Negima: Magister Negi Magi

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”