Typical Lilim Weaponry (or Guns Used in Eva)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

Typical Lilim Weaponry (or Guns Used in Eva)

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 am

I stumbled upon this site while checking as to what weapons were used in some of my favorite films. So far I'm impressed with the research, and they got the nomenclature right:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

Discuss. I find this very useful for fanfic writing (except for some author's liberties). :)

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:03 am

It looks like who ever made this put a large amount of effort and research into this. Now if only they could have done the same for the Eva's weaponry.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Basically they pause the vid, then zoom in to see what gun a character is holding, and sometimes they even manage to go down to the details and determine the exact model and make (Ritsuko's obscure Russian sidearm in EoE is one example).

thomson777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thomson777 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:00 pm

good job to whoever researched this it would be fun to see this go in the wiki at this site.
If I must commit sin for the good of humanity than it can not be.

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SAWgunner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:47 am

Nice, I have the same piece as Misato.

IrkenEvangelion
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby IrkenEvangelion » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:50 pm

Good find, still have to buy Misato's USP but they're like 800 - 900 dollars last time I checked.
THIS IS STEINS;GATE'S CHOICE!
----<3 Merchant meets Spicy Wolf <3----
8 YEARS OF EVA, Does it mean something to you?
EvaPedia|Xbox Live|El Psy Congroo

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SAWgunner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Yeah, they're really expensive. If I didn't get an employee discount, I wouldn't have bought it.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 pm

They haven't took note of Rebuild, and what piece Kaji was packing there (probably a USP with a laser light module).

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 pm

never realized gendo used a cz-75.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

MugwumpHasNoLiver
Erotic Humiliation
Erotic Humiliation

•      
  •      

Postby MugwumpHasNoLiver » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm just impressed that they managed to deduce what gun Gendo was using from the one angle that we see it from. And, actually, I'm even more impressed that that the design team actually drew different guns for everybody, with enough subtle attention to detail that somebody could deduce it from that angle.
"Now, from Nature we obtain abundant information about ourselves, and precious little about others. About the woman you clasp in your arms, can you say with certainty that she does not feign pleasure? About the woman you mistreat, are you quite sure that from abuse she does not derive some obscure and lascivious satisfaction? Let us confine ourselves to simple evidence: through thoughtfulness, gentleness, concern for the feelings of others we saddle our own pleasure with restrictions, and make this sacrifice to obtain a doubtful result." -The Divine Marquis

"I agree Hans, but we have talked about those anal fisting analogies." -Werner Herzog

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:02 pm

View Original PostMugwumpHasNoLiver wrote:I'm just impressed that they managed to deduce what gun Gendo was using from the one angle that we see it from. And, actually, I'm even more impressed that that the design team actually drew different guns for everybody, with enough subtle attention to detail that somebody could deduce it from that angle.

Probably someone in the team was the real world counterpart of Kensuke. Anyway I'm not an expert of weapons but that wiki did really an excellent work, thank you for the link soul.assassin (I wonder if their work could be included directly in the evageek wiki with the proper credits).
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

SAWgunner
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SAWgunner » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:36 pm

I agree, it definitely belongs there.

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:28 pm

A very fascinating website. I cross checked everything with Modern Firearms and there is not a single mis-designation. Definitely a resource for use later, and I am wholeheartedly in agreement that said intel should be uploaded to the Eva Geeks wiki as well.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:I wonder if their work could be included directly in the evageek wiki with the proper credits.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible. Their Copyrights page is empty, but taking a quick look at their General Disclaimer page it seems that the owners don't allow redistribution of the content (the EvaWiki follows a Creative Commons license that requires redistribution rights, among others).

Of course, we can still ask him for permission, but I remember that the owner once refused to allow Wikipedia to use one of his pictures (I can't find a link to the discussion page at the moment, I hope I remember correctly).

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:23 am

I very much doubt there's anything on that site that isn't free for use other than his exact wording, regardless of what the creator thinks.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:02 pm

I've already put up the page. I pulled images independently from wikipedia or various gun sites and took all the screenshots myself (a lot of their screnshots are from Manga's blurry release). I rewrote all the text myself. Anywhere where I use information that they've provided, I sourced them. There shouldn't be a problem.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:16 pm

looks like you improved on the flamethrower entry as well.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Cody MacArthur Fett
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Cody MacArthur Fett » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:44 pm

Cool. I just took a look at the page and everything looks fairly well put together, however I did notice some inaccuracies with the G11 segment -- can't believe I didn't catch them before. The G11 was a prototype in the late 1960s, and the G11K2 was an actual production model originally fielded in 1989 of which 1000 were delivered to the Bundeswehr in 1990 before the program was promptly canceled by the German government. Also, the current entry comes a little too close to the original page's wording, might want to mix it up a bit more just to be safe.
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Carry on.

Assasinate
Lilith

Re: Typical Lilim Weaponry (or Guns Used in Eva)

•      
  •      

Postby Assasinate » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:I stumbled upon this site while checking as to what weapons were used in some of my favorite films. So far I'm impressed with the research, and they got the nomenclature right:

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Neon_Genesis_Evangelion

Discuss. I find this very useful for fanfic writing (except for some author's liberties). :)

I also know that some of the JSSDF also used a SHIELD
(oww i remembered the FAILED manila hostage drama here in PH haha!!
[using an TINY SHIELD againts an m16 rifle LOL])
Humans can easily explain the cycle of life because they witnessed it, and they can tell it's story,
But no one can explain why a human need to die because the people who witnessed it can't never tell the tale.

jota
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby jota » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Very nice site indeed, of course it would be awesome if they have done something about the actual EVA weapons, but the effort of the crew of that page is incredible. I always believed that the Magnum on KZ2 was the colt anaconda, and in fact it is (:

BTW the gun i found the most interesting is the Ritsuko uses in EoE, very funny one

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”