Have you ever had a change of heart for a character?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Theshiggityshwa
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Theshiggityshwa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:04 am

There isn't much for me to say. I think a lot of us can agree as to how we felt about Asuka after her encounter with Arael. So it was definitely Asuka for me.
Pursue happiness...
With Diligence...

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 am

View Original PostTheshiggityshwa wrote:There isn't much for me to say. I think a lot of us can agree as to how we felt about Asuka after her encounter with Arael. So it was definitely Asuka for me.

Is it bad that I had no change of heart for Asuka even after Arael?

Does that mean I'm going to Eva Hell?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Xana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 am

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Is it bad that I had no change of heart for Asuka even after Arael?

To be quite honest, I didn't feel anything after that scene, it did not affect me in any way after seeing it the first time. No idea why. My opinion on Asuka changed until much later.
View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Does that mean I'm going to Eva Hell?

Yeah, see ya there! :toothy:

Dan The Cat
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Dan The Cat » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:49 am

Asuka, i thought she was a bitch untill i saw more of myself in her and then mind rape.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:45 pm

I can't really say I totally had a change of heart for Asuka, but i've warmed up tremendously to the character.

Regarding Arael, she both didn't really deserved it but at the same time did (same goes for the end result of the Harpy battle in EoE). Half of me was sympathetic to her and the other was apathetic.
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm

For me, I think all of the major characters changed for me after watching the series two or three times, except one.

When I first watched the series, I immediately had something of a dislike toward Misato. She came on too strong and seemed to have too much of a stereotyped quality to her. However, as the series progressed, subtleties became apparent that indicated something deeper.

Then came the scene where she listen's to Kaji's phone message and my heart just broke. This scene just took hold of my heart and ripped it out of my chest. I guess the reason for this is that a month before I first saw this scene, an event occurred in my life that very closely mirrored this. Instantly I gained sympathy for the character and have never seen her the same since.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

valshon
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby valshon » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 pm

I think all of the negativity from the EoTV fans towards Mari had me set against liking her before I had even seen 2.22. Couldn't fight it though.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”