What was the saddest part of Eva for you?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

The-Happy-Go-Lucky-Wacko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The-Happy-Go-Lucky-Wacko » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 pm

All I'll say is that it envolves Frideric Handel. That is all.

I also say the moment where Rei blows her self to smithereens (To quote the Duke , Rest in PIECES!) and when Mistato finds out that Kaji died.

soda7777777
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby soda7777777 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:47 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:I lost it when Shinji had to go out back and shoot Pen pen.

What?!
"If, by groupie, you mean someone who follows the band around and hangs out at all the gigs, then I don't really have any of those. Being in a band that does well is almost like being a girl. " - Paul Banks

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:09 am

View Original Postsoda7777777 wrote:What?!
He's thinking of the spinoff sequel: Old Pen-Pen.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

GVman
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby GVman » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:05 am

The part that made me tear up the most was when Asuka realized her mother's soul was in EVA 02 in EoE. Characters and their relationships with their mothers have always been very emotional things for me, but this one just takes the cake. The beautiful animation and music accompanying it just added to the effect.

Robofork
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Robofork » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:12 am

The bit where Misato dies in EoE.
That sucked.

InstrumentalityOne
Strawberries & Peaches
Strawberries & Peaches

•      
  •      

Postby InstrumentalityOne » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:18 am

Rei self-destructing herself with the Angel.

thomson777
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby thomson777 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:40 pm

For me it is between when Shinji had to kill Kaworu or when Shinji was replaced by the dummy plug to kill Unit-03.
If I must commit sin for the good of humanity than it can not be.

beaverteeth92
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby beaverteeth92 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm

For me, it was the first time they showed Asuka as a kid, and she walks in on her mom hanging herself. That stuck with me for a long time.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:29 pm

The saddest part...hmm...Seeing an image of Ikari/Asuka together and remembering my ex is gone..
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:24 pm

Oh, then that was you over on THAT BOARD...

For me, I'd have to say Unit-02 getting multi-speared during EoE (well, along with that image of Asuka's halved arm right before). I've never been able to sit through that part without feeling that lump form in my throat.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Theos
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Theos » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:45 pm

For me, it was probably the scene where Shinji is talking to Misato about Kaworu after he killed him.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:55 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Oh, then that was you over on THAT BOARD...

Yeah, something wrong with that?

AngelNo13Bardiel
Still Ill
Still Ill

•      
  •      

Postby AngelNo13Bardiel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:25 am

Nope, just curious.
Evangelion fan since 15 October 2002, Evangelion fanfiction writer since 1 April 2004. (FFN) (AO3)
Current avatar: Don't mind Mr. Joel--after all, he didn't start the dumpster fire that is 2020.
Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly. - Franz Kafka
Clones to the left of me, tsunderes to the right...and here I am, stuck in the middle with Shinji. - how I view my experience with Evangelion
-When it comes to Asuka/Shinji, pre-EoE is like moving Mount Everest and post-EoE is like moving the Olympus Mons. Either way, it's moving a mountain. It's just the size of said mountain.-

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:43 am

View Original PostAngelNo13Bardiel wrote:Nope, just curious.

Sorry..I hate the whole world right now so..

facespace
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby facespace » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:21 pm

Life gets better mate.

Honestly I find the end scene of EoE to be one of the saddest things, Shinji strangling Asuka, or Rei II's death.
PEWPEWPEW

Animejunkie
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Animejunkie » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:55 pm

View Original PostMariruri wrote:In EoE when Asuka is mutilated (her death). It really got to me.

this got me too... jsut the fact that Maya Ibuki was almost, well actually gagging over looking at the computer screen which just had the parts of her eva being torn apart... just to know that she knows just how horrid it actually looks is terrifying...

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Fireball » Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:00 am

strangely enough, as much as i felt connected to the characters, i couldn't dwell much on individual fates when the story unfolded full throttle at the end. the deaths came so voilently and unexpected i was more in shock than anything else.

though what let me feel rather melancholic was when the show ended. there was this craving inside of me for wanting to experience more evangelion but at the same time i was so satisfied with the ending, the moral of the story alone filled me with enough hope and confidence to not feel any more down than necessary.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

Rafael
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Rafael » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:40 pm

View Original PostFireball wrote:though what let me feel rather melancholic was when the show ended. there was this craving inside of me for wanting to experience more evangelion but at the same time i was so satisfied with the ending, the moral of the story alone filled me with enough hope and confidence to not feel any more down than necessary.

Which is why I watch the series over and over and over and over.....

The only part that makes me actually sad is when Misato listens to Kaji's last message.
I went to Seele Elementary when I was a child. No joke. Google it.
I am Zordon.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:16 am

When Shinji first meets Rei III.
She looks the same, and Shinji things she is the person that just saved his life, but all that emotions, all that developement, the little humanity she had... it's all gone... Not just her feelings for Shinji, also those for Gendo and that nice, determined little Person that had started to appear behind that icy veil...

Other sad moments are Shinjis pre-instrumentality-conversation with Asuka, where hee confesses that he 'wants to be with her forever' and all he gets is complete rejection. It's even worse in the Japanese dub. Shinji's voice actress always makes him sound like a beaten, sick puppy.
The fact that this is a summary of their entire Relationship doesn't make it any better.

Oh, and Kaworu's Death. It's a Pain to watch such a wonderful being go...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

barccy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby barccy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:56 am

When Eva ended, leaving me longing for more.
Don't let go.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”