Shinji's dream sex

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Shinji's dream sex

Postby Halicat » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Woo first thread :boingy:

Searched for this thread and wasn't able to find anything so do forgive me if anything similar to this has popped up but what I want to know is, during Shinji's 'dream sex' sequence in Ep.20 Asuka, Rei and Misato all got their own lines in the dub ["It'd be very, very nice." "It could be very...pleasant." "It'd be reeeallly awesome!"] now...what if Kaworu was in there too? [Supposing Shinji had met him at this point and of course, was attracted to him.] What would you think he'd say?

Serious answers are appreciated but silly ones are ok too, even if you don't like K/S I'm just interested! I'm sure everyone can join in with this :)

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:15 pm

"Songs are nice..." Probably something Anno and Aiko would come up with, I wonder what could fit into that scene best :think: he might not need to say much, if anything to get Shinji's aproval.
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

VoidEater
Matarael
Matarael

Postby VoidEater » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:20 pm

"It's the same, only different"
"I would like to see a clown remake of 'Terms of Endearment' or 'The Thorn Birds.' Or maybe a big disaster movie, like 'Towering Inferno.' That's stuff I'd pay to see. Nothing says entertainment more than burning clowns."

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:38 pm

probably something cheesy about 'making music together' or some such.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Grimmjow
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Grimmjow » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Kaworu wasn't even in Shinji's sexual fantasies during HI in EoE.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:40 pm

Grimmjow wrote:Kaworu wasn't even in Shinji's sexual fantasies during HI in EoE.

Sure he is, who was it that showed up to help him make the transition? I don't remember him giving that blissful look to any one else.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Postby Sachi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:02 am

Synapsid wrote:
Grimmjow wrote:Kaworu wasn't even in Shinji's sexual fantasies during HI in EoE.

Sure he is, who was it that showed up to help him make the transition? I don't remember him giving that blissful look to any one else.

Bliss =/= Sex. One can be completely happy without sex.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:32 am

Certainly, but we've seen Shinji link the two, particularly in that film. Besides is there really any reason why the implications around Kaworu appearing as a guide before Shinji should be any different from the ones carried by Ritsuko appearing as Maya's guide Or Misato as Hyuga's for that mater? Physical desire did seem to play a part in what people wanted, "What is it you wish for".

Halicat
Bardiel
Bardiel

Postby Halicat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:10 am

Hence why I said, and of course, was attracted to him but I'd generally agree with Synapsid on this one.

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Ornette » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 am

Besides is there really any reason why the implications around Kaworu appearing as a guide

Not sure how Kaworu is linked to being Shinji's transition guide, Giant Kaworu has been in front of Eva-01 for a while up to the point before he tangs:

"This Rei is from your soul"

-Giant Kaworu turns into Giant Rei

-Cut back to Shinji's (not tanged yet) face, we see Yui's face super-imposed

"It's an embodiment of your wish"

-Superimpose some tits over Shinji's face

"What do you wish for?"

-Superimposed images poof, Shinji starts to tang.

Where are the implications? Keep in mind that Instrumentality hasn't started yet. Transition guides haven't been sent to anyone at this point. The Rei that we see in front of Ritsuko and Misato never turned them into LCL, there wasn't an Anti-AT Field yet. If there is going to be any transition guide for Shinji, there are implications that it's Yui.

Dirty Mick
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Postby Dirty Mick » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:33 am

I wonder what Yui thought when Kaworu poped up like that. I bet that was akward for her.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:37 am

Synapsid wrote:Certainly, but we've seen Shinji link the two, particularly in that film. Besides is there really any reason why the implications around Kaworu appearing as a guide before Shinji should be any different from the ones carried by Ritsuko appearing as Maya's guide Or Misato as Hyuga's for that mater? Physical desire did seem to play a part in what people wanted, "What is it you wish for".

Kaworu NEVER was Shinji's transition guide

also, sex is mostly used for symbolic purposes in EoE

edit: and here I was thinking my 3000th post would've been something interesting

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Re: Shinji's dream sex

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:33 am

the main problem here is shin didn't even know kaworu in episode 20. also, condisering hiis role in the final dream sequence in EoE (his only appearance in any dream sequence from evangelion) he wouldn't be part of the dream sex, he would probably be there to give him re-assurance. mental orgies were not tabris's thing. sorry to piss on your parade. but if you would desire, we can converse about the signifigance of Shinji's dream sex as a whole, and stop discussing stuff that never did or never could happen. (and i mean only be the cannon timeline.)
but congradualtions on your first thread newbie, the title was an eyecatcher, and thats half the battle, keep up the good work.

@grimjow:
again, your the voice of reason in a sea of chaos.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

VoidEater
Matarael
Matarael

Postby VoidEater » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:54 am

What, did everyone miss the "what if" in the OP? This is Chit-Chat, after all...
"I would like to see a clown remake of 'Terms of Endearment' or 'The Thorn Birds.' Or maybe a big disaster movie, like 'Towering Inferno.' That's stuff I'd pay to see. Nothing says entertainment more than burning clowns."

jim_loves_randy
Lilith

Postby jim_loves_randy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:35 pm

That's really easy, Shinji would be bottom each and every time.

Hekatos
Embryo

Postby Hekatos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I don't even want to imagine something like that to happen.

Here's what would happen in my mind:
Shinji: "What are you doing in here?"
Kaworu: "..."
Shinji creates a gun in his mind and shoots him in the head.

I dance happily over Kaworu's dead body ^^
"I told you, that's not possible... you... are an angel..." [cit.]

"I love you Asuka Soryu Langley, and nothing will ever change that" [cit.]

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:59 pm

What does Shinji want? Either Kaworu and boobs or a Kaworu with boobs. Shinjiquarium shot implies the former, though.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

Postby Synapsid » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Xard wrote:Kaworu NEVER was Shinji's transition guide...
Err, he does show up when Shinji won’t stop shrieking and manages to calm him down with his presence and accept the ReiKaworu chimera bringing him into instrumentality, I don’t see too much of a difference there from ReiRitsuko’s role. Yes breasts do show up when he actually tangs at the Yui’s “what is it you wish for” line but that wasn’t what caused him to go into some sort of blissful mode and let himself be handled by GNR/K and penetrated by the lance.
@NemZ
It does kind of seem like that. :tongue: It kind of does seem like he may want both in a separate way: Boobs and a Kaworu perhaps?

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:49 pm

jim_loves_randy wrote:That's really easy, Shinji would be bottom each and every time.

with the palin picture, oh yeah, we surrre take you seriously. :shakehead:
Hekatos wrote:I don't even want to imagine something like that to happen.

Here's what would happen in my mind:
Shinji: "What are you doing in here?"
Kaworu: "..."
Shinji creates a gun in his mind and shoots him in the head.

I dance happily over Kaworu's dead body ^^

me agrees! :toothy: take that you sick cat killer. i love your thinking, your my new favorite.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:57 pm

Synapsid wrote:
Xard wrote:Kaworu NEVER was Shinji's transition guide...
Err, he does show up when Shinji won’t stop shrieking and manages to calm him down with his presence and accept the ReiKaworu chimera bringing him into instrumentality, I don’t see too much of a difference there from ReiRitsuko’s role. Yes breasts do show up when he actually tangs at the Yui’s “what is it you wish for” line but that wasn’t what caused him to go into some sort of blissful mode and let himself be handled by GNR/K and penetrated by the lance.

Kaworu did not make him go into "blissful mode". He simply CALMED HIM DOWN.

I don't mean to sound angry but I've become quite tired of hearing this repeated ad infinitum as some sort of proof for Shinji's "bisexuality" or whatever. Think about what all Kaworu ment to Shinji, think what had put him into the funk he was in early EoE. To see Kaworu alive was like "yayyy I didn't kill him after all", huge relief and moving away emotional burden. That's why he is so happy and why he closes his eyes when KaworuRei reached for him. "Everything will be fine". He's tired of world and is happy someone's taking his responsibility, guilt etc. away. Returning back to arms of mother, so to speak, back to infancy

Shinji does not go "pop" when Kaworu appears. There's no reason he should.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”