Robin Williams loves NGE

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:11 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Hes to happy, hes like Gendos easy going brother or something.
There was a time where he was a raging alcoholic and addicted to cocaine, both of which were involved with severe depression. Sure, he’s not like that so much these days, but he’s been down in the gutter like anyone else.

As for him playing Gendo, I can actually see him doing some voice work pretty well for it.... He's not Tristan MacAvery, but I think he'd do better than John Swasey. I could actually see him doing a Gendo as good as if not better than MacAvery.
The LAEM would be screwed up anyway, so I guess his playing Gendo couldn't hurt it. Problem is his age; he's getting a little old for the part. :shrug:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Awesome picture.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:35 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:Hes to happy, hes like Gendos easy going brother or something.

Well, he was at the Oscars, so he can't help to smile. Besides, it's not like he was going for the Gendo look.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:37 pm

I did not know that about him, I'm glad hes better now.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:
Sammaeloo wrote:If Robin Williams was a Gendo, he would need to stop shaving for quite while.

Can you imagine if he took his place, Shinji would live such a happier life.

"It's not your fault, Shinji. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault."
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Exteel[EVA]
Embryo

?!

•      
  •      

Postby Exteel[EVA] » Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:49 am

ow thats cool.... but i think EVNAGELION is much better if it launched in HOLLYWOOD ^_^
you killed me once...
now i will KILL you TWICE!!!!!!

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Uriel Septim VII wrote:
Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:
Sammaeloo wrote:If Robin Williams was a Gendo, he would need to stop shaving for quite while.

Can you imagine if he took his place, Shinji would live such a happier life.

"It's not your fault, Shinji. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Look Shinji, Flubber!

-shinji-
O.O

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

Re: Robin Williams loves NGE

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:34 am

Mortician69 wrote:I find that interesting
If he were in a live action Eva movie, who would he portray?

hmmm, good question, definatly not gendo, probably feyuske, and thats going out on a limb.
Interesting Quote:
ANTA just went full BAKA - Tines-sans reaction to my MS paint thread fail.
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/
Forgive my spelling errors, my keyboard acts quite weird weird.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:13 pm

I don't mean to sound like a grammer nazi or anything but the proper spelling is Fuyutsuki.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I don't mean to sound like a grammer nazi or anything but the proper spelling is Fuyutsuki.

no prob, i don't mind when it comes to names, people always need correction in that respect.
Interesting Quote:
my fanfic.net account, enjoy my work, praise me! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2164682/

Mortician69
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Mortician69 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:14 pm

Chairman Kiel.

supershinjiasukashipper
"doggy"

•      
  •      

Postby supershinjiasukashipper » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:15 am

Mortician69 wrote:Chairman Kiel.

0_o thats a disturbing concept.
Interesting Quote:

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:29 am

shinjidoggysasuka wrote:
Mortician69 wrote:Chairman Kiel.

0_o thats a disturbing concept.

I wonder what his form of Instrumentality would be.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:He auditioned to be Gendo for Rebuild of Evangelion but didn't get the part and in some movie he was in (I forget the name) his character buys an Eva figure that (IIRC) he owns IRL.

Wait, hold on.

He auditioned for the role of Gendo...and they turned him down? What the hell was Funi thinking?

He is a voice acting legend....GOD DAMN IT! Now I hate Rebuild even more....He has done serious, melancholy roles before. WHAT THE HELL!
I won.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:59 pm

seriously, I really want to know already if that was done for the lulz or if "he auditioned for Gendo" was srs business

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Xard wrote:seriously, I really want to know already if that was done for the lulz or if "he auditioned for Gendo" was srs business

He takes acting seriously, so no chance of him doing this as a prank or for the lulz.

I wonder if it was his rep as a comedian that got the voice director worried or if he was a little too happy to get a chance at playing Gendo that caused him not to be in Evangelion.

Hell knowing him and the genie fued with Dinsey, he could have done a brillant job...only not to do it because Funi wanted to bill him as the lead after telling them he would do it probono if only they DIDN'T do that.

Also, about him being on this website...a while back somewhere, I forgot where...he mentioned going on fan sites of things he liked and basically trolling.

So he might be Maggot Master or Imp.
I won.

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:46 pm

Themaninblack wrote:
Xard wrote:seriously, I really want to know already if that was done for the lulz or if "he auditioned for Gendo" was srs business

He takes acting seriously, so no chance of him doing this as a prank or for the lulz.

I didn't mean him. I just wonder how reliable PRD's information is.

Themaninblack wrote:Also, about him being on this website...a while back somewhere, I forgot where...he mentioned going on fan sites of things he liked and basically trolling.

So he might be Maggot Master or Imp.

:D:D:D:D

I expect better from him than either have delivered :lol:

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:15 pm

Themaninblack wrote:Wait, hold on.

He auditioned for the role of Gendo...and they turned him down? What the hell was Funi thinking?

Maybe the director felt his voice or the voice he used didn't really fit him well.
I wonder if it was his rep as a comedian that got the voice director worried or if he was a little too happy to get a chance at playing Gendo that caused him not to be in Evangelion.

He has done serious roles in the past. If that was the case the director should have looked deeper.

I just wonder how reliable PRPD's information is.

Regarding the supposed audition, I went by the first post in a thread NAveryW made awhile back.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:11 pm

Joseph the PRPD wrote:
Regarding the supposed audition, I went by the first post in a thread NAveryW made awhile back.

And the voice director said he did, so yeah.

Also because it wasn't mentioned in the previous thread, he only mispronounced Neon Genesis Evangelion in the movie itself. In the commentary he said it dead on, and if you listen closely was almost laughing when the kid said the Mass Production Model " was one of the good guys." So he isn't lacking knowledge to say the least (He is very subtle with his two percenter jokes it seems.)

Also I still don't see how Williams could have fucked up Gendo, unless the director was mad how low key either Williams wanted to be OR possible backlash by the Fan Dumb element or just normal people who just can't see him playing against type in Evangelion fandom.

I mean that only adds to Shinji's loser credentials, even ROBIN WILLIAMS abandoned him as a child. Ouch.
I won.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Robin Williams would have been awesome as Gendo. The dub director fucked up and cast some guy who sounded exactly the same as the guy playing Fuyutsuki. Way to go, idiot. Should have gone with Williams instead.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”