"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:14 am

When you read a Facebook post "Why do people 'hate' EA" as "Why do people 'hate' EVA"
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:16 am

You know you're obssessed with Evangelion when you emulate Ritsuko's coffee drinking problem and spend a lot of time in evageeks too. Perhaps my sleeping problem isn't so much about coffee, but rather because of evageeks :cool: :lol:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 am

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote:You know you're obssessed with Evangelion when you emulate Ritsuko's coffee drinking problem and spend a lot of time in evageeks too. Perhaps my sleeping problem isn't so much about coffee, but rather because of evageeks :cool: :lol:

Perhaps you are also imitating Misato's coffee drinking habit that she developed towards the end of the series (but she drank canned coffee).
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Asami Sato
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Asami Sato » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:47 am

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Perhaps you are also imitating Misato's coffee drinking habit that she developed towards the end of the series (but she drank canned coffee).

I had forgotten Eva was notorious for being a big canned coffee advertisement :facepalm:
Avatar: Princess Azula, the sociopathic badass sexy bitch that will kill you by just glaring at your face.
When I get a boyfriend: "Together, we will be the strongest couple in the world! We will DOMINATE THE EARTH!"
"Zuzu! You don't look so good!"
"I support the shipping of TDSA and Aiko Heiwa." - Defectron

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:16 am

View Original PostAsami Sato wrote:I had forgotten Eva was notorious for being a big canned coffee advertisement :facepalm:

The advertisements you speak of are seen far more frequently in NME, but you do see UCC coffee in NGE and EoE too, but less so:
SPOILER: Show
ImageImage

I suppose Eva has a bit of history with UCC, they have sold Eva themed cans and the like in Japan.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Na7e
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Na7e » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:22 am

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:I suppose Eva has a bit of history with UCC, they have sold Eva themed cans and the like in Japan.

Your talking about the advertisements that coincided with You Can (Not) Advance right?

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:37 am

View Original PostNa7e wrote:Your talking about the advertisements that coincided with You Can (Not) Advance right?

Yes. I believe their were some prior to NME too though:
ImageImage
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:54 am

Shinji's promotion is awesome... "Fuck yeah! :sly:" :rofl:

And on topic: You know you're obssesed with Eva when you're watching it for the third time and focusing more on stuff/clues on the background than the actual story.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:51 am

When you tear open the plastic around a pack of toilet paper and suddenly feel like a berserk Eva eroding an A.T. Field.

It felt good. Try it.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:18 pm

When your considering going globetrotting for exclusive eva stickers. lol
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

Sahara
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sahara » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:29 pm

>When you have watched Eva while in the bathtub. :blush:
>When you laugh uncontrollably when thermal expansion comes up during physics class.
>When you explain the “hedgehog’s dilemma” to a group of people like a psychologist during an existential discussion.
>When you hum the angel attack theme every time you pass a giant abstract sculpture that happens to be in your city.
"And if you don't live, you have nothing to write about." -Maynard James Keenan

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Nothing particularly strange about watching TV in the tub. I read in the tub, occasionally, when I can't sleep. The logistics of that...

Honestly, that we're here talking about an anime from 1995 shows a...unique...level of interest.

Deepak
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Deepak » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:24 am

when you singlehandedly made everybody in your school (only like 50+ people) know what evangelion is through Shinji's beginning scene in End of Evangelion.

Sahara
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sahara » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:16 pm

View Original PostDer Kommissar wrote:Nothing particularly strange about watching TV in the tub.

I just figured it was strange because most people can't watch TV in the tub, or don't go out of their way to. I used a portable DVD player.

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:When you tear open the plastic around a pack of toilet paper and suddenly feel like a berserk Eva eroding an A.T. Field.

Must. DO.

Ceimoa Nan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Ceimoa Nan » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:25 pm

^For best results, slowly puncture one hole with the fingers of both hands side-by-side, and then pull the edges of the hole laterally.* To add a distinctly Rebuildesque flair, use teeth.†

*For video instructions, refer to Neon Genesis Evangelion, Episode 02: The Beast, around the nineteen-minute mark.

†Note that the last suggestion has not actually been tested by the author.

Jayfive
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Jayfive » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:39 am

View Original PostDeepak wrote:singlehandedly ...beginning scene in End of Evangelion.

*snigger*

Sahara
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sahara » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:05 pm

View Original PostCeimoa Nan wrote:To add a distinctly Rebuildesque flair, use teeth.†

:lol: Ahahaha! That made my day!

PolarisX
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby PolarisX » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 pm

View Original PostSahara wrote:>When you explain the “hedgehog’s dilemma” to a group of people like a psychologist during an existential discussion.

I do this way too much.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:18 pm

When you name your cat Shinji so that you have an excuse to talk about the show if someone asks about the cat´s name.

robin007bond
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby robin007bond » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:18 pm

View Original PostDeepak wrote:when you singlehandedly made everybody in your school (only like 50+ people) know what evangelion is through Shinji's beginning scene in End of Evangelion.

Oh man, you shouldn't. They have a wrong image of Shinji now. They don't know the reasons why he's so fucked up at that moment.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”