"You know you're obsessed with NGE when" thread

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:36 pm

Vegeta 20XX wrote:I'm sitting here pondering how much of the material on that shelf is hentai...

None, actually.

Sammaeloo wrote:HOLY SHIT! HOW MANY DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THE SHOW DO YOU HAVE! ALSO HOW MANY BOOKS ARE ON THE SHELF!!! IF THE SHELF WAS OF WEAKER CONSTRUCTION I WOULDN'T BE SUPRISED IF IT COLLASED!!!!

Weight is fine. The problem I have is that I need a larger shelf unit to fit some of the stuff I've purchased more recently, as well as some of the stuff at home in storage.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:I need a larger shelf unit to fit some of the stuff I've purchased more recently, as well as some of the stuff at home in storage.

I imagine in time you might end up with an indoor shed filled with Eva-related merchendise. O_o
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 pm

Sammaeloo wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:I need a larger shelf unit to fit some of the stuff I've purchased more recently, as well as some of the stuff at home in storage.

I imagine in time you might end up with a guest house filled with Eva-related merchendise. O_o

Fixed.

Reminds me of that one guy in Japan that got crushed under all of the merch he'd collected over the years after it fell onto the poor man.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:00 pm

When you look at your cell phone and your cosplay friends in your contacts are listed as they're cosplay characters.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:When you look at your cell phone and your cosplay friends in your contacts are listed as they're cosplay characters.

Isn't that common amongst a majority of cosplayers?
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

MatrixRefugee
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby MatrixRefugee » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Merridian wrote:
MatrixRefugee wrote:--You buy Angelic Days and the Shinji Ikari Raising Project to tide you over while Sadamoto works his glacier-speed way through the next manga stages.
:cringe: You read my mind. Sad part is, I don't even LIKE Sadamoto's manga... but I keep reading/buying it anyway.

Mmm, I'm almost starting to like Sadamoto's manga a teensy bit more than the anime (only a teensy bit: I like the character development in it). I haven't actually started reading Angelic Days (vol. 1 is in the mail), but I just started reading the Shinji Ikari Raising Project: The story is a bit silly but cute, while the artwork is very good. It's sort of what you might get if Sadamoto decided to play a little with Episode 26 (though Rei is a bit more in character).
My Anime List profile || DarkScribes page

Avatar: At least the wintry gent is smiling a bit, instead of facepalming...

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:When you look at your cell phone and your cosplay friends in your contacts are listed as they're cosplay characters.

Wow. That's pretty bad.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:52 pm

MatrixRefugee wrote:I haven't actually started reading Angelic Days (vol. 1 is in the mail), but I just started reading the Shinji Ikari Raising Project: The story is a bit silly but cute, while the artwork is very good. It's sort of what you might get if Sadamoto decided to play a little with Episode 26 (though Rei is a bit more in character).
I felt dirty reading both, TBH. If you're digging SIRP for the art & cuteness, you might be disappointed by Angelic Days--the art IMO is awful, and the cuteness goes WAY beyond 11 on a scale of 10. I can rant on about Sadamoto's take on the manga (oversimplification! needless exposition! characterizations that go nowhere! devolution into simplicity! generic! generic! generic!), but I'll just leave it all to a different thread--or better yet, myself. I don't feel like I have any room to criticize the dude since, well, I AM buying the manga, and I STILL read what he writes regardless of how much I claim to be displeased about it. :lol: Ahhh pretension.

Mr. Tines wrote:Another one of those "better out than in" sort of things.
Too true.

User-iel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby User-iel » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:45 am

- When it becomes possible to misread the calendar as you wake up, and sometimes the last week of the month ends on "Third Impact" instead of Thirty One.

- When this doesn't really disturb your peace of mind so much.

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:55 pm

- When you've used the first page of the manga to describe yourself.

The FreakyFilmFan4ever within FreakyFilm's mind wrote:When you've started talking to yourself in ways comparable to episodes 25 and 26.

Also, THIS.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:41 pm

User-iel wrote:- When it becomes possible to misread the calendar as you wake up, and sometimes the last week of the month ends on "Third Impact" instead of Thirty One.
You win this thread.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Fredrick2003
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Fredrick2003 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:39 pm

I have my friends listed as their online gaming name, thats fine right :ehh:

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 pm

Fredrick2003 wrote:

I have my friends listed as their online gaming name, thats fine right :ehh:

Nothing wrong with that, I've got like 3 Rei's in my phone ^_^

UltraBlackPilot
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby UltraBlackPilot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:06 pm

When you fill your car with orange liquid that smells like blood and replace the cockpit with a replica Entry plug.
Currently dying of love overdose.
It hurts.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:37 pm

UltraBlackPilot wrote:When you fill your car with orange liquid that smells like blood and replace the cockpit with a replica Entry plug.

I think this thread is more about things that you have done yourself...Unless you really did that then all the more to you.

UltraBlackPilot
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby UltraBlackPilot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:42 pm

Otakon 08 Ikari wrote:
UltraBlackPilot wrote:When you fill your car with orange liquid that smells like blood and replace the cockpit with a replica Entry plug.

I think this thread is more about things that you have done yourself...Unless you really did that then all the more to you.

It was exspensive and the cops arrested me because its illegal to drive with liquid (up to your neck) in your car in Illinois
Currently dying of love overdose.
It hurts.

Fast Tony DeNiro
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fast Tony DeNiro » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:53 pm

Not sure if this is obsession, but the comic book shop in my town only gets one copy of the SIRP each time a new issue comes out, and I keep buying it. Apparently I'm the only person in my town who likes Eva enough to go out and buy the manga.

Oh and anytime I pass a comic book shop now I stop in to see if they have Sadamoto's manga in there. I haven't been able to find it yet which is weird, but I still stop everytime I see a shop.

LowerDefinition17
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LowerDefinition17 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:01 am

you are constantly teased for your love of Asuka by your friends

:asuka_sad:
My AMV

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:26 am

LowerDefinition17 wrote:you are constantly teased for your love of Asuka by your friends

:asuka_sad:

You are constantly teased by an Asuka for your love of Kaworu haha...I miss Otakon.

MicroBalrog
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MicroBalrog » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:51 am

Reminds me of that one guy in Japan that got crushed under all of the merch he'd collected over the years after it fell onto the poor man.

This man was a hero. I wish to know more.
I'm Allanea on Nationstates.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”