[GAME] False facts about Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:36 am

False Fact #43: Misato has no liver. After years of constant binge drinking her liver has been completely destroyed. Strangely enough, the huge amount of drinking has caused a major change in her physiology. Her body now absorbs all toxins from alchohol. The alchohol also gets converted into substances that function as bile from the liver. Thus the functions performed by the liver are obsolete and the organ is no longer required. This has created two side effects though. Because of these functions, she literally can't survive without alchohol. She needs alchohol in any form, whether it be rum, vodka, beer, mouthwash or even fermented tree sap. The other side effect is a dangerous one. With huge concentrations of alchohol, her blood is incredibly toxic. Just one-30th of a teaspoon is enough to kill 800 people. All the blood in her body is enough to kill the entire population of Tokyo-3.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:33 am

45 their is no 44
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:10 am

46 - Misato has a S^2 Organ in place of her liver.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:12 am

LiLi wrote:46 - Misato has a S^2 Organ in place of her liver.

That made me laugh. If she really did she could have all the booze she wants and wouldn't worry about liver disease.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

cambaprecoz
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby cambaprecoz » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm gonna try something rage inducing, can't think of anything funny.

Fact # 47: Evangelion it's directly based on the Book of Revelations from The Bible and the supposed events prophesized in the Apocalypse.
Every character is a representation of Chritianity:
Kaworu as Jesus Christ and Rei as Virgin Mary.
While Shinji and Asuka represent Adam and Eve, respectively.

Did I took it too far?
This signature for rent.

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Well, it's true that people get pissed off whenever the Adam/Eve thing gets brought up, I'm not sure they're actually mentioned in Revelation.

False Fact #48:Hideaki Anno was on LSD when he first concieved of Evangelion. He took down some barely-legible notes on the huge humanoid monsters fighting outside his apartment, and afterwards mailed them off to Sadamoto, who developed it into GaoGaiGar. When Anno got Sadamoto's response, he immediately made it 50 times more depressing and nonsensical, but improved the quality greatly. He and Sadamoto developed the initial proposal for Evangelion based on this.
A few years later, Sunrise reverse-engineered GaoGaiGar from Evangelion, unforunately decreasing the quality once again, and giving Anno and Sadamoto no credit.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:33 pm

False fact #49: Shinji Ikari is not actually related to Gendo. Fuyutsuki DID get sum luvin from Yui for a little while (aka ONCE), and Gendo just assumed the pregnancy was his.

False fact #50: Shinji did not come out of Leliel. Everything post-Ep. 16 is a lonely, solipsistic Jacob’s Ladder routine that his brain is undergoing during his final moments of life inside a cold, dark, abyss. As his lungs clog on solidifying LCL and his consciousness slips into sweet, sweet death, he finally realizes that he has gone completely insane in a world that never existed.

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:15 pm

False Fact #51:

The real reason why Sahaquiel kept missing with his AT Field bombs is because Gray Fox shot out his raydome.
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:27 pm

#52: As Rei's popularity in Japan grew, the producers originally wanted to have a more positive ending where she is revealed to not be a clone of Yui but rather a human that is 43% angel & the show ends on a more positive outcome with instrumentality never happening. However, Anno completely was against the concept & instead followed through his original plan
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:17 am

#53: Ritsuko's dad is Gendo, courtesy of a one-night stand between Gendo and Naoko when the two were teenagers. Freud's Electra Complex explains why she is so attracted to Gendo.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Great Genius Shinji-Sama
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Great Genius Shinji-Sama » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:04 am

really? I just thought she had terrible tastes in men. :lol:
Avatar: Utena and Anthy hawtness <3
-----------------------------------------------------------
XBOX LIVE GAMERTAG: ShinjiSama01
http://shinjisama.wordpress.com/ - Blog
http://otakuno1.deviantart.com/ - Deviant account

carla
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby carla » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:58 am

@adekis-- actually, i get more pissed off by the kaworu as jesus thing :chuckles:

also:

Adekis wrote:False Fact #48:Hideaki Anno was on LSD when he first concieved of Evangelion.

...you mean he wasn't? :jawdrop: lol.

#54: contrary to popular belief, the MAGI, being nothing but the brainpower of akagi naoko in different forms, cannot actually make any decisions that would aid tactical situations. this is why the bridge bunnies are required by contract to speak through nothing but technobabble-- so the operations director can't understand a word and doesn't realize that they're actually improvising. the MAGI can, however, design innovative plans to kill puppies and/or other cute creatures, detect with uncanny accuracy when the commander is feeling frisky (ritsuko has to check with the computers every time), as well as find each and every french-fry-selling establishment in tokyo-3, tokyo-2 and surrounding/connecting areas.
bittersweet ending: episode 24. the angels are gone and mankind is safe... but tokyo-3 has been ruined; Kaji is dead; toji is a cripple; kensuke, hikari, and their families have moved away, taking pen-pen with them; Asuka is catatonic; ritsuko is in prison; Misato is a nervous wreck; Rei is "the third one"; and Shinji is utterly broken psychologically after having to kill the only person who has offered him unconditional love in the course of the whole series. come the movie? don't worry! it gets worse! ~from the source of all wisdom in the world.

kNET | GAW | my graphics | my fanfics | re-deconstruct: the EVA rebuild fanlisting

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:13 am

@ 48 Actualy I've always pictured anno wearing a soiled diaper on his head in a filthy hotel room, with a blue haired hooker that looked like his mother and a punch bowl full of cocaine typing with his feet.

Sharaz Destler
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Sharaz Destler » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:13 pm

Adekis wrote:False Fact #48:Hideaki Anno was on LSD when he first concieved of Evangelion.

...Are you quite certain that that is a *false* fact?
"To the rational mind, nothing is inexplicable...only unexplained."--The Doctor, "Doctor Who".

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:46 pm

False Fact#49: Rei IS a doll. The reason her arm fell off in EoE is because a while back, her arm got broken when Gendo was having a tea party with her and his stuffed animals. It kept on falling off so he glued it on to keep it from falling off around others. If the arm came off her clothes would help hold it in place until it was glued back on in private. In EoE the glue got damp and came undone from the humidity around the LCL pool. With no clothes, the arm couldn't be held in place and the glue couldn't hold.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:07 pm

False Fact #50: Gendo only appears as a cold hearted bastard because he is a raging alcoholic.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:18 pm

FF #51: Gendo had a relationship with Misato when she was 14. Pen Pen knows everything about it - and that's why they won't let him talk in the anime.
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

DEMOLITION D+
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby DEMOLITION D+ » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Wait, why did we start over at #48? I posted #51 a while ago, we should be on like #56 by now
The Fate of Destruction, is Also the Joy of Rebirth

Kaji has cute melons.

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:16 pm

DEMOLITION D+ wrote:Wait, why did we start over at #48? I posted #51 a while ago, we should be on like #56 by now

apparently, some folks got threw off the count by DatDude's response to #48
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Im sorry :(

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”