Gendo's Day Off

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Gendo's Day Off

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:25 pm

When he's not working, being a badass, traveling, being a pimp, obsessing over Yui, acting creepy toward Rei, or ignoring his son, what do you think Gendo does in the little spare time he does have?

I think that he has a hand puppet set of Eva related stuff in his desk. When no one is around, and when he has spare time, he takes his gloves off, puts the puppets on, then re-inacts battles while trying to imitate the sounds of roars and weapons. That would be funny if Fuyutsuki came in the door to check on him without knocking, and Gendo quickly did the "Gendo Pose" with the puppets still on his hands.

What do you think he does?
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:40 pm

He probably just practices his pose in the mirror between meetings and Angel attacks.

Or, he watches old amateur sex tapes of him with Yui and just lets the magic happen.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Either in his desk with his trademark pose, soaking his feet in his trademark pose, studying the Reiquariam...

...or Gendo goes to the night club that is just south of Tokyo-3 and dances his ass off to xtc.

Now I want you all of you to picture Gendo dancing to it and let that image sink in. :gendo: :gendo_kimura:
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:06 pm

Oh, he'd definitely go to a dance club, but I don't know about XTC.
I think he'd dance to something a little more diabolical.
And besides that, I can only say he probably watches Death Note reruns.
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

ath
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby ath » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:30 pm

Adekis wrote:Oh, he'd definitely go to a dance club, but I don't know about XTC.

Well, it's in Japan, in a 2015 society stuck with '90s tape players, right? So it has to dance to some good and silly Eurobeat :D

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:06 pm

He plays Abraham Lincoln in civil war reenactments.

Seriously though, I have this mental image of Gendo as a bit of a beatnik in his off hours. Getting high with some top-quality opium or scotch, playing a little jazz or belting out some freeflow poetry slams. He probably reads a lot, but I suspect he's the sort to read the same few great books over and over rather than check out the latest bestsellers.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:15 pm

He knits. :emogendo:
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:41 pm

One must understand the mind of gendo ikari. is he has to poop he thinks " would yui like it if i shit myself?" the answer being no he goes to the pot. He doesnt take time of its not in the sencario.

Though he might like star at the Rei tank or something creepy like that
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Surely, Gendo's day off involves banging an Akagi woman until her ancestors cry for mercy.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Surely, Gendo's day off involves banging an Akagi woman until her ancestors cry for mercy.

:lol:

May I sig this??

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:22 pm

schismatics wrote:May I sig this??
Be my guest...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:00 pm

He's all up in that ass. Kaji's that is.

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:12 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:Surely, Gendo's day off involves banging an Akagi woman until her ancestors cry for mercy.

If this was the case Ritsuko wouldn't have complained about it when she truned on him. Face it Gendo = limp dick.
Last edited by DatDude on Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:09 pm

Gendo never takes a day off from being a badass.

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:11 pm

I think Gendo probably doesn’t have much free time. He most likely keeps himself busy around the clock so he doesn’t have to focus on how miserable he is or on how much pain he’s causing his son and the other people around him, Gendo mite look like he’s made of stone but he most assuredly is not.

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 pm

child of Lilith wrote:I think Gendo probably doesn’t have much free time. He most likely keeps himself busy around the clock so he doesn’t have to focus on how miserable he is or on how much pain he’s causing his son and the other people around him, Gendo mite look like he’s made of stone but he most assuredly is not.

Or he's just badass.

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:03 am

child of Lilith wrote:pain he’s causing his son...
He thinks he only causes Shinji pain when he's around him, so that clearly isn't the case. And as for everyone else...
No, I think he really is made of stone.
Okay, this is what we've got so far: he would bang an Akagi woman so hard her ancestors beg for mercy, then go dancing, all the while avoiding Shinji. And being badass.
Any other takers?
"Why do you foolish Lilin assume you can control me? 'Cause you can't control me!" - My take on the relationship between SEELE and Kaworu
"[Eva] is a story where the main character witnesses many horrors with his own eyes, but still tries to stand up again.
It is a story of will; a story of moving forward, if only just a little." - Hideaki Anno

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:13 am

Adekis wrote:
child of Lilith wrote:pain he’s causing his son...
He thinks he only causes Shinji pain when he's around him, so that clearly isn't the case. And as for everyone else...
No, I think he really is made of stone.
Okay, this is what we've got so far: he would bang an Akagi woman so hard her ancestors beg for mercy, then go dancing, all the while avoiding Shinji. And being badass.
Any other takers?

You forgot self-performed puppet shows.

Also I wonder what he would do if he had a day off, but he had to go to an amusment park. Imagine him on a rollercoaster in "Gendo Pose" the whole time.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Adekis
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Adekis » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:19 am

Sammaeloo wrote:You forgot self-performed puppet shows.

That's right, I totally did. Sorry. :toothy: (How could I forget something like that?)
Also I wonder what he would do if he had a day off, but he had to go to an amusment park. Imagine him on a rollercoaster in "Gendo Pose" the whole time.

Oh. My. God.
Not only does Gendo do that on his day off, now I'm going to do that.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:28 am

Sammaeloo wrote:Also I wonder what he would do if he had a day off, but he had to go to an amusment park. Imagine him on a rollercoaster in "Gendo Pose" the whole time.

I see you read that fanfic too... ^_^
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”