Broken, lost, Neon Genesis Stuff

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

Broken, lost, Neon Genesis Stuff

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:33 pm

So yeah I was going to watch The End of Evangelion again today, and when I pulled the disc out of the case, it snapped. Now there is a big crack in the disc, and most of the movie doesn't work. :x Now since it's just one movie i'll just buy it again from the store or something. But I was wonder, has anything like this happened to anyone else before?? Any stories of your Eva stuff getting stolen or broken? Brother or sister destoryed or scratched your discs?? Dog ate your Rare Eva artbook??
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:47 pm

I bought one of the early defective EoE DVDs, so yeah.
Someday it will be worth million$!!
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:58 pm

Phaze wrote:I bought one of the early defective EoE DVDs, so yeah.
Someday it will be worth million$!!

So did I! :lol:

I still have it too. It works in my PS2 and my 4 1/2 year old computer, but not in my top-of-line Samsung player.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:58 pm

I didn't even know about these. Were the first batch of copies released duds or something?
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:57 am

they were missing 1 or 2 lines of dilogue somewhere in there.
i still have mine, the bastards at adv have completely forgotten to send me the replacement. :x
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:23 am

Cogboy wrote:they were missing 1 or 2 lines of dilogue somewhere in there.
i still have mine, the bastards at adv have completely forgotten to send me the replacement. :x

You mean Manga.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:09 pm

My original copy of EoE had misaligned layers; you'd put it in and it'd skip, stall, and sometimes the lens would just get lost. I shattered and lit it up out of frustration; I still have the scar on my right hand where the dripping remains burned me.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:36 am

Hexon.Arq wrote:My original copy of EoE had misaligned layers; you'd put it in and it'd skip, stall, and sometimes the lens would just get lost. I shattered and lit it up out of frustration; I still have the scar on my right hand where the dripping remains burned me.

ouch....
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:00 pm

and manga sheds a tear for their shoddily produced end of evangelion dvd. personally, i can't fathom why they they didn't stick any real artwork on the top side of the disc; i thought it was double-sided at first. and the audio selection that defaults to english no matter what... ugh.

about the evangelion movie pack that's coming out this month... they're going to be just manga's old non-renewal releases slapped into a different box, right?
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:48 pm

and the audio selection that defaults to english no matter what... ugh.

So? Every licensed anime DVD I've seen does that. (Except the Cowboy Bebop Movie.)

about the evangelion movie pack that's coming out this month... they're going to be just manga's old non-renewal releases slapped into a different box, right?

Would they still be Mangle if they did any better?

_get some help

Cogboy
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Cogboy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:48 am

Mr. Bud wrote:
Cogboy wrote:they were missing 1 or 2 lines of dilogue somewhere in there.

You mean Manga.

Well, actually i meant platinum 01.

I should learn to read things more carefully. Silly me.
"My point? "Sick and Depraved" is a banana." - Soluzar.

"I have those frameless glasses and shit. And emo glasses, but I broke them 'cause I got angry. :( " - Shnooks.

"Old quotes are old" - Cogboy

Toilet Duck
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Toilet Duck » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:04 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:

So? Every licensed anime DVD I've seen does that. (Except the Cowboy Bebop Movie.)

what i meant to say was that no matter which language you choose on the audio selection menu of the disc, it starts the movie out in english with no subtitles.
"Do you think Reis big giant head would be enough to make a nuclear winter?" --defectron

Being banned from GodTube = VICTOLY

Ataru
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Ataru » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:14 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:

On a lot of players you can set your language preferences such that it'll default to specific language track and specific subtitle track if available.

I have my dvd player set to Japanese language and English subtitles, so all of my anime, takashi miike and akira kurosawa movies play correctly without me setting the language. And since 99.9% of my English language movies don't have a Japanese language track, it never effs up on the domestic stuff.

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:17 am

I remember the first time I watched EoE with some friends, and EM's DVD didn't work to well, eventually leading to a blue screened tv with the words, "THE DISC IS DIRTY."

Lots of laughs for that one -of course EoE is "DIRTY", silly DVD player! XD

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:54 am

The boxes for the first two platinum boxes disintigrated the same day I bought them. That was incredibly annoying.

And I was once sent two copies of volume 2 of the manga when I only ordered one. That doesn't really count, though.
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:13 pm

The second day I got Death (I actually got it for $6 at a music store), I decided to watch the commentary tracks. While opening the disk tray, I accidently pressed it twice. Since my DVD player has a slight delay, and not knowing I pressed it twice, when it suddenly closed it startled me. The disk, which was almost in, was instead caught up inside of it. It got stuck in between the top of the player and the actual tray.

So, the tray won't eject. I had to rip it out. This resulted it in being completely scratched up. Oddly enough, it plays just fine, you just can't select anything but "Play Movie" on Side I, the one with no extras. The movie will play through just fine, thankfully.
Art is not the world. Art is in our hearts.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:07 pm

That's when you know it's time to get a new player.

My DVD player will, on rare and frustrating occasion, make a sound not unlike a working lawnmower once it starts spinning. Oddly, it seems to happen most on my *ahem* bastard DVDs, and sometimes it is limited to one chapter or menu. I've never understood why that is.

Ah, The Future--what a beautiful and horrifying time to be alive.

_get some help

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:25 pm

My DVD player will, on rare and frustrating occasion, make a sound not unlike a working lawnmower once it starts spinning. Oddly, it seems to happen most on my *ahem* bastard DVDs, and sometimes it is limited to one chapter or menu. I've never understood why that is.

Don't worry, I did. I kept it around though, because it plays VCDs.

Anyway.

Happy Death :

Sad Death :

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Sun Aug 28, 2005 6:39 pm

This is why you need to back up your DVD's. You could go one of two ways. One, through torturous trial and error with esoteric audio, video and subtitle encoders, combined with muxer programs.

Or two, would could get a program such as DVD decryptor, copy the discs to Hard drive, then burn them to writable DVD discs.

Either way the studio will be irritated, but both ways are completely legal.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Machinehead
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Machinehead » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:33 pm

ObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:This is why you need to back up your DVD's. You could go one of two ways. One, through torturous trial and error with esoteric audio, video and subtitle encoders, combined with muxer programs.

Or two, would could get a program such as DVD decryptor, copy the discs to Hard drive, then burn them to writable DVD discs.

Either way the studio will be irritated, but both ways are completely legal.

I BET THEY CAN'T REPLACE MY 2 INCH EVA UNIT 01 THAT I LOST A YEAR AGO

:(

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”