"Church of Nerv" in India (WTFOMGBBQ)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm

LiLi wrote:They have the date of Second Impact (which they seem to equate with the Second Coming) "scheduled" for 25/12/2012...

Really?... :facepalm:

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:48 pm

Any time a religion has a specific future date as part of their doctrine, it tends to be a bit difficult to maintain credibility after the date passes.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:37 pm

This is simply fantastic, I assume they know nothing about the show itself.

I want to show up in the plugsuit and be worshiped as a God!
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:46 am

An evangelion cult? I'm not surprised.

In the baptism video they attempt to drown themselves and fail. Reminds me of someone.

Unless this is cosplay to a whole new level, and they are a bunch of trolls. I'm now starting to doubt the credibility of these people actually being fooled.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

Axell
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Axell » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:04 am

Timstuff wrote:Any time a religion has a specific future date as part of their doctrine, it tends to be a bit difficult to maintain credibility after the date passes.

fail cult is fail

rule 1 for starting a religion: keep things vague
rule 2: punish those who refuse to join

Combs
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Combs » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:09 am

Rule 3: You've done something bad and you don't even know it
Rule 4: REPENT!
Rule 34: If it exists, theres a cult worshipping it.
Proud founder, and sole member of A.I.D.S
"Can you bond with someone, over a television show? ...neuuugh?" -Craig Ferguson
"her BREASTS are like THE MAJOR'S from GHOAST In the MACHINE, She is like a person with CYBORG RADIATOR BREATSTS that do not WORK unless EXPOSED or in TIGHT CLOTHING or else the EXPELLED HEAT managed to SET THINGS ON FIRE" -chee, on misogyny

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:27 am

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:
LiLi wrote:They have the date of Second Impact (which they seem to equate with the Second Coming) "scheduled" for 25/12/2012...

Yes... it's in the banner behind the speaker in the first movie and it the text scrolling on-screen in the second one...

It's like Christianity meets Maya Prophecy meets Eva...
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:27 am

Graah! Yui-sama does not approve! :eva01_roar:

Though it would be most interesting if second impact DID happen... Even if it's not that date...
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 am

LiLi wrote:
FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:

Yes... it's in the banner behind the speaker in the first movie and it the text scrolling on-screen in the second one...

It's like Christianity meets Maya Prophecy meets Eva...

I thought the Mayan prophecy was on the 23rd. But I'm also seeing the 21st show up on Google search result as well. Hm... :chinscratch:

GAP
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby GAP » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 am

Now all they need is a Bible with "in the beginning there was Adam" or something like that.
Fall into GAP! Guernsey Adams Pierre

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby schismatics » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 am

Wait a minute...

...Mayan Prophecy...Maya Hibuki...

*GASP*...THEY'RE ON TO SOMETHING HERE!!!!

LiLi
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby LiLi » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:21 am

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:I thought the Mayan prophecy was on the 23rd. But I'm also seeing the 21st show up on Google search result as well. Hm... :chinscratch:

It seems they combined the date of 21/12/2012 from the Mayan Prophecy with the traditional birthday of Jesus (25/12).
"People need more stfu in their diets." (NemZ)
"It was brainf@rt at first sight." [LiLi on Romance, II]

AVATAR - CUPCAKE CAT, SHOPPED BY NemZ

Otakon 08 Ikari
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Otakon 08 Ikari » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:36 am

I just want to take the gang over there and walk around. IF second impact happens then they have a nice view from the shore.
Dr. Trans Old Fashioned Peppermint Dickables

http://pshbling.deviantart.com/gallery/ Go there for Eva cosplay.

Holy Diver
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby Holy Diver » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Timstuff wrote:Any time a religion has a specific future date as part of their doctrine, it tends to be a bit difficult to maintain credibility after the date passes.

There was one man in the 19th century that "mathematically" predicted the date of the second coming of Jesus. The date passed but people still believed in his predictions. After two more tries, people gave up on him.
Deus Io Vult! (God wills it!)
"Get your ass in gear!" Asuka

"Catdog has an S2 engine in his stomach. He does not need to eat, and whatever he does eat is reacted with antimatter to provide endless energy." Ruthlessly stolen from anon.

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:07 pm

Haha, the Jehovah's Witnesses have been wrong on the apocalypse about three times now, but they still rival Judaism in terms of numbers!

And the 2012 thing is totally messed up. The Mesoamericans didn't believe the world would end, but rather that there would be a new era. (Circular, rather than linear, time.) It is modern nutbags who are putting words in the ancients' mouths, so to speak. X_x

I'm glad to have shared this with you all. ^_^ A British friend of mine sent it my way because he knows I like the series, but I was expecting some sort of joke until I watched the rest. O_O
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:52 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:And the 2012 thing is totally messed up. The Mesoamericans didn't believe the world would end, but rather that there would be a new era. (Circular, rather than linear, time.)

Maybe after this super high-tech cities will start popping up and people will build giant humanoid monsters to fight bizzare creatures. Sillyness aside when did this actually begin?
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Soljer13
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Soljer13 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Where the fuck is Gainax and why havnt they Sue these guys to hell and back!? because this is probably funded by Gainax, and Anno seems to have actually read that email I sent him..
PURGE! CLEANSE! KILL! FOR THE EMPEROR!

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:52 am

Anno would probably laugh his head off if he saw all this.

I'll put it this way as far as India and religious practices are concerned: a person can live in India for an entire lifetime and still remain utterly, hopelessly ignorant of most things Indian. I'm sure that there's plenty I'll never get to know about or understand in my lifetime.

That being said, this "Nerv Ministries" doesn't seem to have anything to do with Evangelion apart from the logo, name and "Second Impact", and maybe the date of that apocalypse of theirs. It's almost certainly ripped off from the internet, unless someone had a relative in the states who watched Evangelion. Both are equally possible.

To those who find it creepy- it's one hundred percent genuine. The language (Telugu), the places mentioned (Guntur and Tenali in the state of Andhra Pradesh) and the cable TV network all check out. There seems to be no internet information, however, except for a single broken link to an article that mentioned the group.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:22 am

:facepalm:

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:08 pm

chee wrote::facepalm:

Yes, it's also total facepalm material.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”