Do you think you'd fit in the Evangelion universe?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Do you think you'd fit in the Evangelion universe?

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:49 am

I'm not sure if this was done before since I search it and got nothing. So do you think you'd fit in the Evangelion universe despite the attacks from the Angels and all the crazy stuff going on? Who would you probably be friends with and who would probably be your enemy?
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:06 pm

I would be a background character.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

backseatjesus
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby backseatjesus » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm

Probably more than the real world, which is sad.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby Sammaeloo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Maybe I would fit in as a Nerv personnel. Maybe someone who does an important but overlooked job, like filing. Hopefully when the JSDF soldiers attack, I won't be the guy who gets...."hit again".
Last edited by Sammaeloo on Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:39 pm

I would put my entry plug i...... nevermind

oOoOoOo
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby oOoOoOo » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:55 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:I would put my entry plug i...... nevermind
No, no, pease BattleMonkey... don't hide it. You would use your existing knowledge of the series to rub your glands against as many pilots as possible. You might get confused and go after Yui, who happens to have some sharp edges. A+++ ^_^

I'm pretty friendly and understanding (i.e. unphasable) so maybe I'd be a student, hanging out with the pilots during their off-time. I'd make a pass at Shinji, only to wonder if I was ugly when he acted like... Shinji. Maybe I was gay? Asuka would prove difficult as well. Ah, but the fun we'd have fumbling through adolescence! Those precious few days at the end of the world, wistful, yet full of laughter. Tears. Tenderness. I'd cheer my pilot friends on from the sidelines, worry myself to death, knowing that although we might come from different worlds, with different fates, we share a common dream... that semester in that school in that fucked up crazy monster town. I'd cherish every moment, then one day I'd explode* my orange crush all over Rei's dress. Hey, she came for me, alright.

* The French have been known to describe orgasm as "the little death", so you can interpret this as me literally turning into LCL (orange), or you could interpret it as some sort of propelled L@%$ C#!#! L&@% resulting from Rei touching my !?!-spot. You could also interpret this as some loopy hijinks from a birthday party. We'd all eat cake together, me and the pilots. A moment frozen in time. Lost... for tomorrow. Today.
~ O-chan is soooo 2D right now.

VoidEater
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby VoidEater » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:41 pm

oOoOoOo wrote:The French have been known to describe orgasm as "the little death"

I suspect this is not ignored in the writing.

I think I'd be some analyst under Ritsuko or at the UN wishing I was Kaji, or just a Rei-fish waiting my turn at playing vessel.
"I would like to see a clown remake of 'Terms of Endearment' or 'The Thorn Birds.' Or maybe a big disaster movie, like 'Towering Inferno.' That's stuff I'd pay to see. Nothing says entertainment more than burning clowns."

child of Lilith
Celestial Serendipity
Celestial Serendipity

•      
  •      

Postby child of Lilith » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:18 pm

I’d fit in just fine in the Eva universe. I’d probably just be some random person living in Tokyo 3 but that would be fine with me. Just being there would be enough of a trill for me. Getting to see the angels up close, experiencing third impact first hand and most of all getting to meet Rei in person. To me nothing could be better.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:32 pm

I could fit into the world as far as emotions and stuff go. But while I'm in decent shape there's no way I'm anorexic enough to pulll off the plug suit like those kids do.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:18 pm

Nerv would probably have me liquidated for starting an association for the humane treatment of Evas, along with attempting to educate the public about the human nature of Angels and to encourage a world-wide effort to engage them in communication. Yeah, I wouldn't fit in too well.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

I could see myself as some underling at the Marduk Institute, maybe working as an asset for or as a counterintelligence operative against Kaji
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:31 pm

No, because it's a cartoon. Stupid weeaboos.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:35 am

Reichu wrote:...along with attempting to educate the public about the human nature of Angels and to encourage a world-wide effort to engage them in communication. Yeah, I wouldn't fit in too well.

SEELE seemed rather interested in such communication, so I'm not so sure you would be so outplace in that respect. They certiantly didn't seem above chatting with Kawrou.

This would of course require prior knowledge that the Angels were human, or at least sentient (unless you're saying you would be willing to do the same with, say, Godzilla ;) ).
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:41 am

I'd only fit in as Black Hyuga.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Zaque
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Zaque » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:58 am

Mmmm... probably in some form or another, might even change into the field of Metaphysical Biology or something. Now, it'd be pretty cool if I landed a position at Nerv working in that area, maybe with Rei, maybe with the Eva's, not too fond of the dummy system though. I'd have to ready my crossbow for the impending doom however... not that it'd do me any good... (reference)
Everything is subject to change.

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:05 am

Joseph the PRPD wrote:I would be a background character.

I would specifically be the guy in episode 6 that says "For the honour of section ... we will be ready on time!"

Or the sexist dude who built jet alone. "LOL crazy EVAs/women."
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:18 am

No.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:18 am

Chee only fits in to the Twin Peaks Black Lodge universe.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:29 am

Alaska Slim in Evangelion, well, it would certiantly get a boost by all the character's iconic slimming figures... yes, I think it could work, afterall, even whiny, emo, anti-heroes need their milk:

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:34 am

:clap: :leekspin: :boingy:
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”