Eva Kids

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat May 23, 2009 1:56 pm

Synapsid wrote:But their relation is supposed to be a key element in the End, so some sort of bond is inevitable.

What goes on in the background from radio and TV is always relevant...

...and Shiji's kissing sure did suck.

Synapsid wrote:@NemZ So some sort of reverse gender School days would result, with Shinji finally loosing it and strangling Asuka in a Yandre fit?

Scenario (by Reichu):
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=192951#192951

Variant (by me):
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=226123#226123
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat May 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Synapsid wrote:...Um, and just a question, if Asuka and Shinji are bound to hurt each other would you believe Shinji would be better of with Kaworu?

I'm all for escapism, and I'm not the adult Mr. NemZ is, so... :nyao:

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Sat May 23, 2009 2:47 pm

NemZ wrote:None of them are better off with anybody until they get their own shit straightened out first.
But when you ignore his outwardly pleasant way of deceiving (and possibly manipulating others), and suicidal tendencies anime Kaworu's easily the most well adjusted of the "children"... Besides his friendship realy did seem to help out Shinji, at least till the betrayal...I guess your earlier quote on "two depressed teenagers licking each other's wounds" realy would cover the hypothetical post 3I A/S interactions.

Mr. Tines wrote:What goes on in the background from radio and TV is always relevant...
Kissing_sucks1.jpg[/img]
...and Shiji's kissing sure did suck.
Okay, yes, that's very true, they have something for conveying information with the environment. Besides, I'd be a hypocrite to say it's nothing after citing MangaKaworu's romance mag and flick watching as context behind him trying to make TsunShinji his waifu. :tongue:

Mr. Tines wrote:Scenario (by Reichu):
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=192951#192951

Variant (by me):
http://forum.evageeks.org/viewtopic.php?p=226123#226123
Eh, thanks, the sad thing is they both sound plausible... After the whole Nice boat affair I just had to see the cancelled episode, and I couldn't help but feel some sort of EOE Dejavu at the kitchen murder.
Oedipusfoot wrote:I'm all for escapism, and I'm not the adult Mr. NemZ is, so... :nyao:
Great we agree :wink: it might be escapism but Shinji'd be free from pain in such a relation...Um, and I take it you aren't extending the endorsement to the wacky EveShinji takes out there? :sweatdrop:
It's a trap!|Saigo no shisha seitenkan
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat May 23, 2009 3:17 pm

That video you posted was so effed up... And I thought Shinji choking Asuka during EoE was bad! :bigeyes:

Remind me not to watch that show. I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while...
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Oedipusfoot
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Oedipusfoot » Sat May 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Synapsid wrote:...Um, and I take it you aren't extending the endorsement to the wacky EveShinji takes out there? :sweatdrop:

That was probably meant to remain unanswered, but in most cases I'll take anything as long as its not A/S. :)

I feel like I need to make some K/S children fanart to further divert this thread, but the genes don't mix as easily as you'd think.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat May 23, 2009 3:44 pm

I am an A/S shipper, but I still think that Shinji and Rei look very cute together as well. I could easily envision an alternate timeline where Rei doesn't die, and instead gets to make some adorable brown and blue haired Reibies with Shinji. :crush:

I think no matter which girl Shinji chooses though, he's going to have issues to sort out. I don't think Shinji would have the fighting problem with Rei, but the problem is that they're both introverted, with Rei especially so. That's something they'd have to get around or else it could lead to a lack of communication, which can lead to a lot of other problems. Not saying the relationship can't work out nicely, but no matter which of Shinji's ladies he's going to have issues to sort through.

According to many artists though, Shinji may very well have the makeings of a small harem on his hands.

Rock-Slash
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Rock-Slash » Sat May 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Timstuff wrote:According to many artists though, Shinji may very well have the makeings of a small harem on his hands.

Those artists have seen too much Love Hina for their own good.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Timstuff wrote:That video you posted was so effed up... And I thought Shinji choking Asuka during EoE was bad! :bigeyes:

Remind me not to watch that show. I don't think I'll be sleeping for a while...
Eh, sorry my mind is rotten, but It's just what would happen if they treated Angelic days like EOE, and made Asuka a boy and Shinji female...Although to be truthful I never realy watched the show but by what I've heard Sekai is rather Shinjiish, and Makoto is basically a non-German, non-mecha, non-genius male version of Asuka...I can't see any good equivalent for Katsura though.

Timstuff wrote:I am an A/S shipper, but I still think that Shinji and Rei look very cute together as well. I could easily envision an alternate timeline where Rei doesn't die, and instead gets to make some adorable brown and blue haired Reibies with Shinji. :crush:

:hahaha: Reibies? That name sounds a bit intimidating to me...But seeing as how she shares Shinji's maternal genes, has the same biological age/development, and similar looks, would they count as some sort of fraternal half twins?...Um, and if we're dealing with twincest the proper way is to make them the same gender, so for maximum impact Rei should be a boy (or Shinji a girl) :sweatdrop:

Timstuff wrote:According to many artists though, Shinji may very well have the makings of a small harem on his hands.
But like schooldays showed harems are inherently unstable and lead to a yandere scene.

Oedipusfoot wrote:
Synapsid wrote:...Um, and I take it you aren't extending the endorsement to the wacky EveShinji takes out there? :sweatdrop:

That was probably meant to remain unanswered, but in most cases I'll take anything as long as its not A/S. :)
Eh okay, you not vomiting at it is good enough for me... To be honest, I don't think Shinji would mind being a girl if he was Kaworu's waifu, but that's if it isn't in the literal mother Eve sense; I can't see him adapt to that...And the idea of Asuka and Rei being reincarnated through Shinji is rather weird, even by my standards... And just out of curiosity what parts about A/S threw you off, they might not be my favorite shipping, but I think they make a rather good and realistic, angst couple :sweatdrop:
Oedipusfoot wrote:I feel like I need to make some K/S children fanart to further divert this thread, but the genes don't mix as easily as you'd think.
Please do so! I realy would love some original artwork on that family. I know they contrast a great deal in looks, but some Artists have managed depictions of their family and children while avoiding the clone problem.[URL=http://s528.photobucket.com/albums/dd325/Synapsidia/EVA/?action=view&current=otomekaworu1.jpg]Image[/URL]
Last edited by Synapsid on Sat May 23, 2009 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Genderbending is an important part of any fandom and must be taken very seriously. ZapalacX
If you ever say that name again, I will hunt you down and neuter you with a spork. Sailor Star Dust *cue Shinji's bloodcurling girly scream* LiLi
leave my innocent Shinjiko thread alone! Reichu Asuka would be the one going "SURPRISE BUTTSEKS, BAKA!!!!" while of course in appropriate dress and, *cough, gulp, snort*, with a certain strapped on accessory THE Hal E. Burton 9000

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat May 23, 2009 4:56 pm

Who says it was Shinji who sucked at kissing..... he might have been working that tongue magic for all we know underneath that pinched nose.

Though really don't think either really did anything particularly right at that moment.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat May 23, 2009 5:22 pm

BattleMonkey wrote:Who says it was Shinji who sucked at kissing
Asuka seemed to be less than impressed.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Sat May 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Shinji with Kaworu? Nope.

We don't get much of a look into Kaworu's personality to determine what kind of a long-term relation he and Shinji could possibly have.

And honestly I think Kaworu's role in the narrative is to represent the "ideal" world which must be killed to accept the "real" world, as a sort of prelude to Shinji's choice in EoE. Therefore maybe he really can't have much personality or his role might change.

And if some kind of bond between Shinji and Asuka is inevitable, it still leaves open the question of WHAT kind of bond they would have.
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sat May 23, 2009 6:10 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:

Of course, Asuka would never admit one better than herself.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sat May 23, 2009 11:14 pm

Synapsid wrote:
Timstuff wrote:I am an A/S shipper, but I still think that Shinji and Rei look very cute together as well. I could easily envision an alternate timeline where Rei doesn't die, and instead gets to make some adorable brown and blue haired Reibies with Shinji. :crush:

:hahaha: Reibies? That name sounds a bit intimidating to me...But seeing as how she shares Shinji's maternal genes, has the same biological age/development, and similar looks, would they count as some sort of fraternal half twins?...Um, and if we're dealing with twincest the proper way is to make them the same gender, so for maximum impact Rei should be a boy (or Shinji a girl) :sweatdrop:

It depends... Rei's creation was too ambiguous to really make a definitive conclusion about whether or not there'd be genetic complications id Shinji and Rei had a child. Like, is Rei actually partial clone of Yui, or did Gendo merely design her to look like Yui and have some of her better personality traits? Given what a unique individual Rei is (part angel, part human), and that she was apparently designed with a specific purpose in mind (third impact), I think it's just as possible that Gendo merely selected which traits he desired out of a genetic pool until he got what he wanted as it is that Rei is some kind of partial clone of Yui.

It always fascinates me that even though I am an A/S shipper, I often find myself rebutting the "incest" argument against S/R. Maybe it's because I prefer a challenge and debate, and think that's a cheap way for Asuka to win. Or, maybe it's because I'm a male, and I want Shinji's options to remain open until he can lock one down. :tongue:

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 24, 2009 3:20 am

Timstuff wrote:I want Shinji's options to remain open until he can lock one down. :tongue:
As I often point out, he managed to close his options down quite effectively from that initial point where he had an incipient harem for the taking (yet another count against him in my book).

At the moment he's a kid (and at an age where you have to take into account differential maturity between the sexes, too), and would be better off with a girl who is strongly maternal, and thus would be supportive and generally hold his act together for him. That would also maker her the type who therefore might well, if they stayed together (and we handwave away the BAD END of 3I) -- have 3-4 kids with him a decade or so in the future. This is to be contrasted with either the other pilots, the one needing support herself, the other one only displaying cues reminiscent of his mother, but displaying no mother hen tendencies whatsoever.

If we want an idea of what Asuka would be like at the same sort of distance into the future, I'd look no further than Ritsuko -- lightly neurotic, married to a technical job, taking a little bit of short lived solace on the side (same handwaving implied).

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Timstuff » Sun May 24, 2009 4:16 am

Mr. Tines wrote:If we want an idea of what Asuka would be like at the same sort of distance into the future, I'd look no further than Ritsuko -- lightly neurotic, married to a technical job, taking a little bit of short lived solace on the side (same handwaving implied).

I don't know... I've always thought Misato was a more likely example of how Asuka might end up as an adult. From what we can tell about Misato's teen years, she had a very bitter attitude about her father, and then practically went mute after experiencing a serious trauma (watching her father die to save her). She then went into a wild phase, and then eventually mellowed out a bit sometime in her 20's. Asuka has had some similar experiences in her life, but not necessarily in that order. I'm not sure whether Asuka is where Misato was in her wild phase, or her pre-wild phase, but I'm pretty sure she'll mellow out a bit as an adult similar to how Misato did.

BattleMonkey wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:

Of course, Asuka would never admit one better than herself.

If Shinji showed Asuka a good time in bed, I can't help but wonder if afterward she'd end up bragging that she "got to the finish line first," if you know what I mean. :wink:

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 am

I see Asuka growing to be more like Misato, but at the same time not completely of course. Really many of the characters seem products of their employment and roles they were tossed into, with the kids they have very different situations in with completely unmapped futures.... unless your one of countless fanfic writers who believe NERV would still be around for some reason.

We haven't really seen any of the characters really properly deal with having children themselves since the only ones in the show were all married to the EVA project it seems, and ruined many lives. Without NERV, Evas, Angels, and threat of impacts the kids have an open world to work with and to see to having somewhat normal lives for once. In these more "normal" future conditions that various kids would have much better chance of success at just living normally, and less likely to be psycho parents as long as one doesn't force the whole idea of them having babies as soon as the credit roles in EoE.

Incisivis
Scribe
Scribe

•      
  •      

Postby Incisivis » Sun May 24, 2009 11:20 am

Man, Tines, I'd hate to be the girl who took on the task of helping Shinji get his crap together. Most probably would quit. :smirk:

Not that I'm saying it's impossible, but what would Shinji give this theoretical "her" in return? In its own way it would be slightly screwed up, loving somebody just to "nurture" them.

(Watch as I continue in my question to make being of two minds about Shinji into an artform!)
"No live organism can continue to exist sanely within conditions of absolute reality; even dragonflies and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream"--Shirley Jackson
I liek Shinji
LiveJournal and Fan Fiction

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun May 24, 2009 12:00 pm

What does anyone offer somebody? Right now as kids there is little other than companionship, what comes of their future lives will determine what they can offer beyond emotional ties.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun May 24, 2009 12:17 pm

Incisivis wrote:but what would Shinji give this theoretical "her" in return?
Maternal fulfilment without childbirth, sleepless nights and nappy changes.

Synapsid
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Synapsid » Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
Incisivis wrote:but what would Shinji give this theoretical "her" in return?
Maternal fulfillment without childbirth, sleepless nights and nappy changes.
:uhh: You're short selling Shinchan: he's a near prodigy with his cello, can handle all the domestic and maternal job's with skill and without complaint; he's great at cooking and cleaning, and looks lovely in a apron, or dress...Besides until he was finally broken Shinji seems to be the most levelheaded of the kids, and if he could get past his hedgehog shell, he'd make a great confidant...
Mr. Tines wrote:
She seemed to be upset or disappointed in the fact Shinji failed to take the initiative...It's rather strange, what Asuka wants’ in Shinji is quite ambiguous and contradictory at times: She does wasn’t him to folow her and treat her as a superior, that's certainly what she was aiming for in 8 & 9...And she certainly didn't hesitate to unnecessarily force him in drag, and establish some sort of dominance over him... But She also wants him to be assertive, and becomes upset that he never moves to show affection for her or comfort her...She also doesn’t seem to care much for his domestic skills
Asuka's contradictory actions and desires towards Shinji probably played a good role in their dysfunctional relation.
Incisivis wrote:Shinji with Kaworu? Nope.
And honestly I think Kaworu's role in the narrative is to represent the "ideal" world which must be killed to accept the "real" world, as a sort of prelude to Shinji's choice in EoE...
Why wouldn't Shinji wasn’t to rest in an ideal relation, especially if it was just offered to him? He really did seem to get better during his time with Kaworu, I can't see anyone else who could do more for his Maslow needs. Shinchan really would have benefited if Kaworu had stayed longer, perhaps a month or so would have been enough to mend his mind ... Granted the betrayal and forced homicide finally broke Shinji, and If Kaworu had been around longer and had come to be a integral part of Shinji's life, he may well have a breakdown akin to that in preinsturmentality, or he might just engage in denial and refuse to start the Eva.
Incisivis wrote:We don't get much of a look into Kaworu's personality to determine what kind of a long-term relation he and Shinji could possibly have.
Yes, I guess that's true, Kaworu didn't have near as much development as any of the other pilots, but Webuild's giving him more time so that should be fine this time around. Although the blanks in Kawou's personality actualy help in writing Shonen-ai as the authors realy can fill the gaps with what ever they like. Still by what we see, Anime Kaworu semed to be a highly maternal figure who expresed unconditional love towards Shinji, and in their time worked to aid Shinji emotionaly...It realy seems like he'd be some sort of patient guardian angel for Shinchan.
Evil Manga Kaworu's kind of a diffrent story though, he didn't seem to be as altruistic in dealing with Shinji. The actions towards Shinji semed to be rather self serving, and he certanly did seem to take a more carnal aproach to Shinji, he'd probably try to have sex with him if he thought it a good way to relive the experience with Armisael...Still Shinji does want afection from others, and he'd surely acept it in any form, likely without the whole tsundere element from the manga.
Timstuff wrote:
Mr. Tines wrote:If we want an idea of what Asuka would be like at the same sort of distance into the future, I'd look no further than Ritsuko -- lightly neurotic, married to a technical job, taking a little bit of short lived solace on the side (same handwaving implied).

I don't know... I've always thought Misato was a more likely example of how Asuka might end up as an adult.
Is there any reason why she couldn't grow up as an blend of those two, I do certainly see the parallels she has with Ritsuko though, Asuka chasing after Kaji when he clearly didn't have any interest seems like a more childish version of Ritsuko's service towards Gendo, even though she really knew he cared nothing for her...of course she finally had enough and took vengeance upon him, but that seems Asuka enough... Though would this make Shinji a male Maya?

Mr. Tines wrote:would be better off with a girl who is strongly maternal, and thus would be supportive and generally hold his act together for him.
That sound's like Anime FemKaworu, really I think veh was the most "maternal" of all the pilots.
And we need more pictures of Shinji being part of a happy family...Even if the kids tend to come out to cloneish. Image

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”