Best pilot

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

I'm pretty sure canonically Shinji is number one followed closely by Asuka

then comes the rest

(Kaworu isn't pilot proper)

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm

View Original PostXard wrote:
(Kaworu isn't pilot proper)

how so?
Current avatar: Shotoku in winter
"Political Correctness is Fascism pretending to be Manners." ~ George Carlin
Wilt Chamberlain answers the infamous question.

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:34 pm

Never sit inside the cockpit? At least in NGE...
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:37 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:how so?

Cause he was cheating.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:15 pm

He wasn't piloting so much as just controlling his own body remotely.

SaVaGe
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby SaVaGe » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:48 pm

Kaworu is a wizard and Asuka is a beast. I've always considered Shinji the worst pilot. It seems to me that his cry-baby ways provoke Eva 01 to do "wake up" and do a lot of his work for him. I think that Rei's pretty skilled. I don't think she has outstanding talent like Asuka, but she's got solid fundamentals.

So who's the best? Toji of course. Did you see how he made Unit 03's arms stretch? :lol:
I'm SaVaGe and I am an Evaholic

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:55 pm

View Original PostSaVaGe wrote:So who's the best? Toji of course. Did you see how he made Unit 03's arms stretch? :lol:

toji = best internal battery ever.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:45 pm

View Original PostSaVaGe wrote:Kaworu is a wizard and Asuka is a beast. I've always considered Shinji the worst pilot. It seems to me that his cry-baby ways provoke Eva 01 to do "wake up" and do a lot of his work for him. I think that Rei's pretty skilled. I don't think she has outstanding talent like Asuka, but she's got solid fundamentals.

So who's the best? Toji of course. Did you see how he made Unit 03's arms stretch? :lol:

Unit-03 created from Mr. Fantastic's DNA confirmed.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Xacebans
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xacebans » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Hrm... I can't help but feel that piloting an Eva depends more on the Eva herself than the pilot. It depends on what one means by "piloting".

I don't think Asuka's the best pilot, though, if we go with "fighting without berserker mode". She's too rash. I think they're all equal because really, since they serve different roles, they can't be compared. Sure, Yui-sama has the best kill record. But she/Shinji are the ones who have the role of the actual destruction most of the time due to their synchro rate. Some of the fights couldn't have been won without Rei (whose main role is backup) and/or Asuka around, though.

Kaworu and Toji don't count here because they're not important for their piloting, only for their plot device qualities.

Stryker
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Stryker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:50 pm

View Original PostXacebans wrote:Hrm... I can't help but feel that piloting an Eva depends more on the Eva herself than the pilot. It depends on what one means by "piloting".

I don't think Asuka's the best pilot, though, if we go with "fighting without berserker mode". She's too rash. I think they're all equal because really, since they serve different roles, they can't be compared. Sure, Yui-sama has the best kill record. But she/Shinji are the ones who have the role of the actual destruction most of the time due to their synchro rate. Some of the fights couldn't have been won without Rei (whose main role is backup) and/or Asuka around, though.

Kaworu and Toji don't count here because they're not important for their piloting, only for their plot device qualities.

...Someone who agrees with me?

: )
The Moats of Quotes
"Life is becoming more and more indistinguishable from Onion articles." ~Monk Ed
"Oh my gods, that is awesome. I am inclined to forgive both Grant and the dub in general for that." ~Bagheera
"I don't try to engage in intelligent conversation here anymore."~Chee
"Look, if loving a clone of your mom is wrong, I don't wanna be right." ~Chuckman

|Why angels fight.|What Bagheera is talking about.|

Xacebans
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Xacebans » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:24 pm

^
Yep. There's really no best. If they all had equal-powered Evas and had the same synchro rate, sure, we could compare them. But they don't, so we can't.

Trajan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Trajan » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:23 pm

Like others have said, Kaworu doesn't count because he controls Unit-02 with super powers and Toji never even got to do anything before shit hit the fan.
Movin' Right Along
"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it." - Confucius
"All styles are good except the tiresome kind." - Voltaire

juaxoo
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby juaxoo » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:24 pm

I would have to say Asuka is the best pilot in terms of agility, actual piloting and combating skills, and her confidence as an eva pilot. Rei is too much about discipline and acts like Gendo's puppet, Shinji just wines and gets his mom to help him out during berserk modes, so it really isn't Shinji piloting. I'd have to say that Asuka is best actual pilot if you know what I'm saying

Hei
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hei » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:05 am

This is actually a piece of cake for me!!

the topic says clearly who is the best pilot.not more...just ability to control and succesfully pilot an eva.

Mari is clearly well prepared and trained,fully aware of eva,s true nature.shes not emotionally unstable and make quick and smart decisions.definetely the most reliable,just remember she took the suposed "3rd Angel" just with provisional Unit 05 clearly even weaker than Unit 00 and even escape unharmed.then she forced berserk unit 02,she clearly has military training.shes definetely the best Eva Pilot so far.

now if u dont wanna count rebuild on this ranking,my next its a tie between Asuka, and Rei

Asuka. shes chosen by her abilities,and actually demostrate lot of potencial in many situations,she is instinctive,and rush a lot,her emotional disfunction is her worst flow.but she might be the one that gets the best fighting of a regular eva without berserk.

Reishes the contrary of Asuka,not emotional,she just follow orders and keeps a supporting role.shes reliable too.she demostrate good piloting considering shes on the "prototype" and she is really good on Teamwork missions.her lack of interest or emotions makes her not to act or to stand a side on situations when she might be needed.

Shinjihe is the only that learned to pilot at the middle of a true fight.he grows quickly,but he is too indesicive,hes psicological unstable situation make him the worst pilot,and suddelny the one who saves the day,hes not reliable at all.not military training,hes link with eva 01 helps him a looooot.but...he still not that good.

anycase..Mari is by far the best,we know kaworu can pilot,and trow the spear of longinus quit acurate...buts for now mari is the very best
i wonder who shot Kaji....??

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:57 am

Actually now that I think about it, fuck everyone else, Asuka is the best one. When she is on her right mind and determined to get shit done, she gets shit done.
Doubt Rei or Shinji would have taken out the entire Eva series. They'd probably would have drown their respective Evas in that lake while trying to run away from them.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:37 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Actually now that I think about it, fuck everyone else, Asuka is the best one. When she is on her right mind and determined to get shit done, she gets shit done.
Doubt Rei or Shinji would have taken out the entire Eva series. They'd probably would have drown their respective Evas in that lake while trying to run away from them.
Shinji would use the power of Plot Armour to invoke Yui to save him with I'm-a-God-I-don't-gotta-explain-this-shit powers, like in Ep 19.

Manga  SPOILER: Show
From what I've read up to it looks like this might happen in the manga.

Rei would just pull an Ep 23 and quasi-nuke them all to hell and back.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:51 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Shinji would use the power of Plot Armour to invoke Yui to save him with I'm-a-God-I-don't-gotta-explain-this-shit powers, like in Ep 19.

Yeah, I'm talking in terms of badassery-points, Asuka didn't need help from anyone else, (sync-rate with mama was welcome though) she was like 'I gotta kill those fuckers and I shall deliver'.

bobbyfischer's ghost
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby bobbyfischer's ghost » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:10 pm

View Original Postthe_seventh_child wrote:Yeah, I'm talking in terms of badassery-points, Asuka didn't need help from anyone else, (sync-rate with mama was welcome though) she was like 'I gotta kill those fuckers and I shall deliver'.

I don't think any of the pilots could measure up to Asuka in terms of brutality and badassery.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:14 pm

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:I don't think any of the pilots could measure up to Asuka in terms of brutality and badassery.

Truedat.

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:51 am

she was like 'I gotta kill those fuckers and I shall deliver'.

View Original Postbobbyfischer's ghost wrote:I don't think any of the pilots could measure up to Asuka in terms of brutality and badassery.

I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
'As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my grace shall deal!
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with her heel,
Since God is marching on.'

(I know that doesn't contribute too much to the discussion. But I've had "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" running through my head today.)
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”