Is anyone geting bored of this show?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:04 am

I have the side goal of imparting to him some of the wisdom accumulated on these forums over the last 15 years, so we have to be thinking clearly for that to work.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:56 pm

I´ve watched the series two times, EoE three times. That´s enough for now. Don´t feel like watching it again.
Nearly all teenage boys are dumbfucks-Xard

É altura de se tornarem pessoas interessantes.- My Classic Culture Teacher

MYANIMELIST-http://myanimelist.net/profile/Justacrazyguy

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:06 pm

I'm still not bored of Evangelion. I don't know if it means Evangelion is that interesting or that I'm just easily amused.

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:33 pm

I'm dreadfully bored of Eva. It got boring the third or fourth time I watched it.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am

If you get bored of the show, that means you watch it too often. Put down the dvd box set for a year or two and watch something else before you come back to it.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

Jadley
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Jadley » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:53 am

I don't think i'll ever get bored of this show, although i usually wait 2 months before rewatching it, it's just not something you can continuously watch and hope to never get exhausted by it.
It's too late to pry away.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:11 am

I've watched it 4 times now, EoE at least that many, 1.0 a two or three times, 2.0 more than I can count, and 3.0 a few times, and I've yet to get bored of the series. Certain aspects of it have gotten boring, though. I've said before that I find 3.0 relatively boring after the first or second time watching it, and that's still true. 1.0, while entertaining, wasn't enough for me to watch it over and over again like I did 2.0. The series itself... well, I've paced when I watch the entire series, so I've never really felt "bored" of it. The early episodes are slower, though.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:06 am

No, I mean I can put it on now and watch it without getting bored. However that's mainly because the last time I watched the show was over a year and a half ago. I think I've probably only watched the the show in its entirety 2 times. Don't get me wrong I love it but I've kinda learned that if you watch, read or experience something too many times it won't have the same effect it did on first viewing, you gotta wait and develop a craving for it again - that's when you'll truly enjoy it.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:19 am

View Original PostMadonna wrote:if you watch, read or experience something too many times it won't have the same effect it did on first viewing
Which is why I've left it years between rewatching the series, and have held off of seeing EoE again (might do a 10th anniversary rewatch next spring). The characters themselves are now really like old friends who you see only every so often, but there are still times when people find new nuances in the material, and that's what holds my interest.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:34 am

yeah, I'll occationally pull out one episode if I want to check on something being discussed but I haven't really just watched the show in years.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:50 am

I've seen the series a number of times, but I still enjoy watching it on long car rides or plane trips. Generally, I'm not up for watching the whole series, I'll just watch an episode I like, and that's it.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

r1cepurin
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby r1cepurin » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:26 pm

lol I don't watch the show

pat457
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby pat457 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:42 am

To be honest I've put Eva on hiatus for quite a while now. (That partly explains why I don't visit these forums much too often.) Although I might pick up some interest in it again one of these days - I hope.
"God forbid that I actually make any logical sense whatsoever!"
- Me from around three years ago. Thank God I still don't.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”