Do we still love Evangelion...Why?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:35 pm

i dont see how an essay will help...

Digitalex
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Digitalex » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:
And I shall have to get around to its evil twin...

Same here. In some ways I'm glad it's different. I can justify the purchase then. However, I have to mentally prepare myself not to compare it to the series as I read it.

DemonicEva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DemonicEva » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:27 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:i think i love eva, but i also hate it for what its done to me...
i personally feel that eva was the reason for my depression (thankfully not too deep or serious) and every time i watch, i still feel kinda weird at the end
however, it is a great anime, and has a lot of interesting and inspirational moments/things within it. not to mention the philosophy that almost singlehandedly shaped my own...
so yea, i still like eva, and have rewatched some of the episodes recently (i cant stand the style with which some of the episodes (including the day tokyo-3 stood still) were drawn..), and i have watched EoE perhaps too many times

I watch it about 3 months ago and I've had a kind of depression as well I'm speaking for myself here so, I think it made me aware of what I was doing wrong. I'm a lot like Shinji in the sense of the hedge hog dilemma if you will. And it made me think about what I've been doing was really what I wanted or was I just afraid of being hurt.

it really put a knife in the heart that i call my way of living

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:30 pm

lol...that powerful eh?
in my case, my living became more and more shinji-esque...
:shock:
dont ask how or why...

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:47 am

I've been into NGE since December of 2004 and it's still going strong with me. There was a few months were I kinda got bored of it, but then I just remember all the good times and I get obsessed with it again. It didn't really change my life or anything, besides making me watch it over and over and over.. but I could see how it could help someone with depression and stuff.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Crazy_Beserker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Crazy_Beserker » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:31 am

Man all this depressing talk is getting me down lol...for me i love it cause its actually a moving anime its not childish or anything and its helped me look at life in a different way and help me look at different aspects of some of my uni subjects a different way...not as in im depressed now or anything just that it makes me think a lot more than i used too...

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:19 pm

Yeah now that you mention it, that is one of the reasons I love this show. Because it's got so much adult content. Before Neon Genesis the only anime I saw was the stuff on TV like Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon. Then last December I was Xmas shopping at HMV in a mall, and I saw Platinum 02. It looked really cool, all shinny and metal and not to mention Rei on the front. :wink: I almost bought it then and there but I had never heard of it, so I got home and looked up pics on the net. And I ended up seeing Lillith Crusified, and Eva 01's bloody hand, and some pics from End of Evangelion from a certain 'hospital scene'. The rest is history.
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:24 pm

Reading this thread makes me want to rewatch Eva. I'll get a chance to watch Death and Rebirth and EoE with my friend next week (it's her first time). Oh my how fun this will be.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:34 pm

cain luppus wrote:Reading this thread makes me want to rewatch Eva. I'll get a chance to watch Death and Rebirth and EoE with my friend next week (it's her first time). Oh my how fun this will be.

you'll be there to watch her brain explode :P
Rei goes insane!!~~

Shin-seiki
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Shin-seiki » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:57 pm

cain luppus wrote:Reading this thread makes me want to rewatch Eva. I'll get a chance to watch Death and Rebirth and EoE with my friend next week (it's her first time). Oh my how fun this will be.
She has seen the series, I hope... D&R is a poor substitute for watching the series. She'll be totally lost. On the other hand, assuming that she has seen the series, I highly approve of watching Death and EoE together at one sitting, since they were really intended as one (long) movie.

MongolSquad
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby MongolSquad » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:43 pm

Shin-seiki wrote:
She has seen the series, I hope... D&R is a poor substitute for watching the series. She'll be totally lost. On the other hand, assuming that she has seen the series, I highly approve of watching Death and EoE together at one sitting, since they were really intended as one (long) movie.

Oh trust me, she has seen the series. She hasn't seen the movies which I'll make sure she does. And I would never, ever, show the movies to someone without showing the series. Unless I feel really cruel. :wink: I just got to be careful my own head doesn't pop for a second time.

Oh, and this is my revenge for her showing me Lain.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:04 pm

:lol: I'm planning on showing my friend End of Evangelion before the series just to see how messed up he thinks it is. Probably this weekend. and Lain was really good. I sat down and watched the whole thing in one day.
Rei goes insane!!~~

Ryo
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Ryo » Fri Jul 01, 2005 6:46 am

I saw EoE before the series. :shifty:
I was kinda messed up after that one.
Asuka > Rei

Mr. Bud
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Bud » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:15 am

Whenever I watch Evangelion I always finish the series after episode 24 by watching episode 25 of EoE first, then episode 25 of the TV series, 26 of EoE, then 26 of the TV series.

Then I have to go dunk my head in cold water and test my blood pressure.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:37 am

dude that's awesome. i've done that before too. it's great because it lets you watch the whole thing but you get the happy ending as the final ending. but it's kinda confusing going from Shinji strangling Asuka then all of a sudden your back in instrumentality again.
Rei goes insane!!~~

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Losing interest?

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:37 pm

Have you ever found yourself losing interest in the series? For me, I'm not as crazy about the series as I used to be since 2.0 has not came out in the US yet (I'm going to wait for 2.22 in March) and I start to lose interest in the series since I can careless about most of the Manga spin offs. I hope 2.0 will get me in the Eva mood again.

Sorry if a similar thread has been done before since I search for it, and found nothing.
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Last edited by esselfortium on Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

Re: Losing interest?

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:42 pm

View Original PostGuyver Spawn wrote:Have you ever found yourself losing interest in the series? For me, I'm not as crazy about the series as I used to be since 2.0 has not came out in the US yet (I'm going to wait for 2.22 in March) and I became to interest in the series since I can careless about most of the Manga spin offs. I hope 2.0 will get me in the Eva mood again.

Sorry if a similar thread has been done before since I search for it, and found nothing.

Nope. I watched it with mild interest years ago, forgot about it, and have now let it reel me in something fierce. That interest will probably fade eventually (all things do), but it's running pretty strong at the moment.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:56 pm

Merged with a thread about the same basic idea... Coulda sworn there was another, tho...
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:04 pm

I did not notice their was other thread, and the old thread seems to be from 2005 (I did not wanted to bump a five year thread).

. I watched it with mild interest years ago, forgot about it, and have now let it reel me in something fierce. That interest will probably fade eventually (all things do), but it's running pretty strong at the moment.

Somewhat happen to me. I knew about Eva for years and never got the chance to watch it until 2005 when it arrive on Adult Swim. It was until 2007 when I really got into the series and fell in love with. When 2.0 comes out in the US then I hope I can get back in the Eva mood again.

Not just with Eva, but I've experienced this with various other series. I got into Spawn around 1998 and around 2003 I lost interest in the comics. Around 2006, I re-discover the comics and I feel in love with them again since I forgot how much I love the comics and Mcfarlne in general. Same with Pokemon as well since I stop caring about Pokemon around 2007 then became a big fan again in 2009 when Platinum came out.
Last edited by Guyver Spawn on Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”