What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:40 am

View Original PostCJD wrote:What? You've never heard of tang? I'm so sorry...

But anyway, I think it's become less popular over the years. I remember it had a big resurgence in popularity when I was younger, but since then has fallen off the charts more. I don't even know if stores still carry it anymore.

I've never actually seen it.

Of course, the last time I went to the store was this summer.
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:43 am

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Wikipedia says that it's available worldwide but I never heard of this drink before; it has an interesting history, anyway.

Tang (the drink), in the powdered form, used to be fairly widely available in HK back when I was a kid but it can no longer be found anywhere here -- the taste is deemed "too artificial". Actually fruit drink powder is hard to find here these days, and the orange drink market is mostly taken up by concentrated juice like Mr.Juice, Minute Maid and Tropicana (and a few assorted local brands).
I never thought I would come back to Evangelion after EoE,
But I discovered Re-Take (or it found me?) and
now here I am.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Asuka FAN FOREVER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:07 pm

Wait........ So tang is an actual drink? Wow...... Its true what they say you do learn something new everyday.
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:11 pm

^ Yeah, it actually tastes like pale orange-flavored sugar water. I would not recommend it at all.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Final Messenger
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Final Messenger » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:13 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ Yeah, it actually tastes like pale orange-flavored sugar water. I would not recommend it at all.

That sounds absoulty terrible I'll be sure to stay away from the stuff :lol:
Avatar:super high school level ???? Kyouko Kirigiri
"Before Pimptimus turned the Jupitris into his brothel it was giant helium carrier"- Fireball
"to solve a mystery sometimes you have to take risks. Isn't that right?"- Kyouko Kirigiri
more people should read Dangan Ronpa

Aiko Heiwa
Salt 'n' Genki
Salt 'n' Genki

•      
  •      

Postby Aiko Heiwa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:22 pm

View Original Postsymbv wrote:^ Yeah, it actually tastes like pale orange-flavored sugar water. I would not recommend it at all.

Does it smell like blood?
This signature officially sponsored by The Holy Church of Aiko Heiwa® since 2 December 2011

symbv
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby symbv » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:26 pm

View Original PostAiko Heiwa wrote:Does it smell like blood?

Just vaguely orange, and not even remotely like blood orange.
now here I am.
Asuka FAN FOREVER

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:55 pm

What reminds you of Evangelion in your day to day life?

That quick flare of terror when your laptop's DVD drive, or your fancy new slab of a smartphone, won't stop doing even after you've quite emphatically hit the button that's supposed to make it stop doing.

Multiplied by about 10,000.
Last edited by Fireand'chutes77 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

Xana
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Xana » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 pm

@ the people saying they didn't know about Tang before, really??, I'm a bit surprised considering they still sell it at the local grocery stores and I used to drink it all the time as a child '_'

I would arrive from school and there would always be [s:3bfx9gwb]LCL[/s:3bfx9gwb]Tang ready on the table *nostalgia boner*

I actually thought it was good.

TomasJC
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby TomasJC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:04 am

Hmm, what reminds me of EVA, huh?

-Anytime I see a Mitsubishi FUSO.
-Certain music, notably Pink Floyd or Muse.
-Them damn cicadas.
-And of course, the mention of Tang.

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 am

View Original PostXana wrote:@ the people saying they didn't know about Tang before, really??, I'm a bit surprised considering they still sell it at the local grocery stores and I used to drink it all the time as a child '_'

Seriously, I feel old. Though, to be fair, Hyper Shinchan and Final Messenger aren't from the US and I don't know how much it was distributed in their respective countries.

driftking18594
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby driftking18594 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:52 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Seriously, I feel old. Though, to be fair, Hyper Shinchan and Final Messenger aren't from the US and I don't know how much it was distributed in their respective countries.

I'm from outside the US, but I don't call LCL "Fanta" or "Club Orange".

Natsuka_Chie
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Natsuka_Chie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

Here in my country Tang was a very popular drink years ago, though I never tried it until last year, when my boyfriend thought that it would be a perfect Valentine's Day dinner drink, because of EVA and such... (dunno how he got that idea...)
He didn't bought the orange one because he knew it would look too much like LCL, he bought the strawberry, which is much worse - it looked like blood on my cup... didn't drink more than one sip of it, and I never will :urk:
Asuka's not a bitch, she just denies her innocence in a bitchy way.
Sites I'm in: Deviantart|XFire
Quotes:
"Yesterday, I had the most TERRIFYIN' experience! ...Last night, I was all alone in my room... when outta nowhere... CAME THE SMELL OF A FART THAT WASN'T MINE!"
"The things I possess are my life and soul. I'm a vessel for my heart"
"God isn't home. He's on vacation at Vegas."

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember them, you're not alone."

Valyou
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Valyou » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:13 pm

This random masquerade-y mask that looks like Sachiel's face/mask/whosit/whatsit that's just sitting around in my house. It looks it has a nose a la plague doctor than a beak like Sachiel's, but it looks close enough.
There's also these two holes and a random scratchy thing on my bathroom door that looks like Satchy's mask as well.
"What if I said I was a little man who worked inside the sun and was the one that turned it off when nighttime was supposed to come?" - Me, or something like that.

C.A.P.
Wabbit Duelist
Wabbit Duelist

•      
  •      

Postby C.A.P. » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:53 pm

"Free-associative internet ravings know no proprietors."-Azathoth
"Cinema's value is that it is inhuman."-chee
"I only meant to stay a while."-ELO

DanYeomans
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DanYeomans » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:04 pm

It's hard to say what doesn't. I mean, I guess I think too much about psychology and philosophy, and I always relate these things back to Evangelion.
*Gendou pose*
Life is like a box of chocolates; everyone dies and gets turned into LCL. That's what chocolate does, right?

Lorkhan
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Lorkhan » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:45 pm

Whilst sitting in psychology class, you realize the guy sitting next to you is doing the Gendou pose.
"Oh Aka, for our shared madness I do this! I watch you watching me watching you back!"

Fireand'chutes77
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Fireand'chutes77 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:48 pm

View Original PostLorkhan wrote:Whilst sitting in psychology class, you realize the guy sitting next to you is doing the Gendou pose.

Just as planned.
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. JSDF attack ships on fire during Operation Yashima. I watched particle beams glitter in the dark near the Geofront. All these moments will be lost in time. Like LCL in rain. Time to die." ~ ANT Pogo
Asuka: founder of

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:08 am

There's a redheaded chick on "The Tester" (Horrible reality TV show, don't watch it) who goes by the name "Asuuka". Even more interesting is that in the latest episode she breaks down crying after failing a challenge and talks about how she's not used to failure (And then proceeded to get kicked off the show).

Atleast she chose an accurate name.

Sgt. Griff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Sgt. Griff » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:43 am

Reminds me of Eva?

-My mum (Her name's Eva)
-Any mention of Angels in any context whatsoever
-Half of the songs I listen to
Leave Shinji alone