How old is eva

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

How old is eva

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:51 am

It's been a very long time since I've been on eva monkey... now geeks it seems... And I'm more than positive this kind of thread has been posted before but I like hearing new ideas from new people and I wana get back into the forum... when i have time to atleast, university is draining my net life :P

Now Being an eva fan for a good 5 years now I have come to terms with eva in the sense that its only going to be a story and just a story. Not saying thats bad by any means because it's one of the best out there... Unfortunatly after watching EoE more than 200 times by now, Ive become bored with the story. I find it difficult to stay interested in my lovely platinum edition series w/ directors cut. Does anyone find watching the show boring? Ive been wanting to know what is going on in the new live action not gana happen movie aswell, i have been wishing for it to spark my interest again but as I have no time to research these things I am left alone.
So I guess a real question has to be asked here, How are the vets and newbies dealing with the eva story now that you have seen all to be seen... or atleats as much as is humanly possible.
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:11 am

Meh, Evas story is just complete mess and if you start to search for in-story justifications for various aspects and events you'll end up in never-ending maze of torturing fanwanking.

End of Evangelion is in my all-time Top 3 movies but that right then is cracking point when work just can't carry the weight of its oxymoronic characteristics, plot stupidities and loads of mumbojumbo. It is true wonder it didn't happen sooner.

Eva still manages to be absolute blast of cinematic art and storytelling plus it salvages some kind coherent storyline... untill you start to dig in that is.

Really, in the show plot was never its strongest point and often just excuse for Anno to deal with this existential problem or that. Or to give watchers OMYGAWD scenes such as Yui's freakout in ep 19. NGE's greatest strenght is its cast of characters.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:58 pm

every time I rewatch I find something new

really new
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

Semisubtle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Semisubtle » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:25 pm

V wrote:every time I rewatch I find something new

really new

Same for me, which is why I've come to love it so much. There's always SOMETHING you didn't notice the time before.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:25 am

Semisubtle wrote:There's always SOMETHING you didn't notice the time before.

Or maybe it's something you forgot about.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Semisubtle
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Semisubtle » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 pm

And if you're me, that particular case is very likely. XD

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Personaly I enjoy showing eva to people. I love when people see it for the first time and are like what the f**k *jaw drop*. unfortunatly my g/f is not big on anime so no fun there but my roommate loves it and now that I think about it we didn't finish the series.
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

Nigoki
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Nigoki » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:02 am

Come to think of it, the first time I've watched eva was way back in 1999. That was a good 9 years ago! :smirk:

It's been a long time........
Brain F*ck.................Evangelion's specialty

Asuka's Plug Suit
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka's Plug Suit » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:57 pm

Nigoki wrote:Come to think of it, the first time I've watched eva was way back in 1999. That was a good 9 years ago! :smirk:

It's been a long time........

I first popped my Eva cherry in *gulp* 1997...

Man, I'm old.

I haven't gotten bored of Eva, but I only watch it about once a year or so these days...I usually see something new or make some new connection (and then I usually forget them. Next time, I'm keeping a notebook next to the TV!).
あんたバカ...?
I am (not) a geek.

cannonski
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby cannonski » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:02 pm

Hello, speaking as a noob to this board (please dont maul me like Unit-01 did to Unit-03 while under the influence of the dummy plug system), I first watched EVA around 2000 or so, and was one of the first animes to spark my interest in the genre, along with Fist of the north star.
Moo.

Euphoriacide
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Euphoriacide » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:22 pm

I'm one of those newbies, finished Eva for the first time pretty recently-two months ago. Understandably, the story hasn't gotten boring for me and I'm in the "OMG IT'S SO AMAZINGLY MINDBLOWING" phase that some of you vets might've gotten through during your first viewing of Evangelion. I'm also finding browsing through past threads analyzing the series enjoyable, even with some resentment that I couldn't partake in them. I will be definietly be rewatching Evangelion as a whole in the future, I don't think I'd ever get bored it, however being in the aforementioned phase, this statement should be taken with a grain of salt.
"You wouldn't believe, Alexei, how I want to live now, what thirst to exist and be conscious has been born in me precisely within these peeling walls!...And besides, what is suffering? I'm not afraid of it, even if it's numberless. I'm not afraid of it now; I was before...And it seems to me there's so much strength in me now that I can overcome everything, all sufferings, only in order to say and tell myself every moment: I am! In a thousand torments-I am; writhing under torture-but I am. Locked up in a tower, but I still exist, I see the sun, and if I don't see the sun, still I know it is. And the whole of life is there-in knowing that the sun is."
-Spoken by Dmitri Fyodorovich Karamazov, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Sat May 03, 2008 5:44 am

I've been a fan for about 5 years now, but even now when I watch it I find that I'm making new connections (largely due to people on this board ;) ) or noticing new details. I think it's a testament to the show that it could keep a flake like me interested for so long! Even if I were to eventually get bored with the series itself, there are still all those other Eva resources out there - Red Cross Book, Die Sterne, the manga, not to mention all the doujinshis, fanfics, fan-edits and piss-takes there are to see. I can't really imagine ever being bored of it completely. (I agree with you about getting bored waiting for Live-Eva to materialise though!)

I find it a bit funny that this thread has come up when we're finally getting something new to get our fanboy teeth into. Have you seen Webuild 01 yet, and did it spark any new interest for you?
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed May 07, 2008 12:05 pm

I first saw Evangelion in 2003, and yet I can't remember a moment prior to seeing that show. It feels like some kind of constant in my life--a secret ubiquity--like 60's standards pumped into a restaurant, or the van that's always parked across the street from my house, or the smell of the pepper trees by the church I used to go to.

That being said, I feel I've also developed a stark apathy for the series. I spent so much time watching it and reading about it and discussing it that now every time I see it, the only thing I'm seeing is a cartoon that I don't care to see again.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Evangelion217
Lilith

Re: How old is eva

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion217 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:22 am

I'm not bored yet, because I find something new everytime I watch it. But I'v only seen the whole series three times. And I'v seen the film twice. I try not to watch the films that I love too much, because I don't want to get bored with them. And even if I watch them all the time, I still don't get bored. :grin:
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

"Komm Susser Todd" is the most up-lifting song about depression"- Evangelion217

It's stange that "Evangelion" became such a hit. All the characters are so sick!- Hideaki Anno

terminus
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby terminus » Sat May 31, 2008 9:28 pm

TheBlueTree, is that pic in your sig official art or fan art?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”