this is every Eva fan's dream girl

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Ayanami
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Ayanami » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:05 pm

Otaprince wrote:i notice that only the ladies have been negative about this post. Jealous of other Eva-girls, perhaps?

[runs for cover] :)

Not at all. I just don't get why all you guys are getting all worked up over this girl's t-shirt. It probably took her five minutes to type up the words on the computer and then iron them on her shirt. Big deal.

sadsadshinji wrote:Ayanami did a pretty good job...you made it yourself?

Haha, I wish. o_o I found that on Ebay a few weeks ago, and the woman who made them has a huge collection of vintage and anime shirts, tank tops, and dresses. It's awesome. They're not even that expensive.[/url]
Close your eyes and listen hard

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:32 pm

Damn I want a PS2 with a metallic caseing with EVANGELION witten on the top! ooooohhhhhhhyyyyyyeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:36 pm

Ayanami wrote:I just don't get why all you guys are getting all worked up over this girl's t-shirt. It probably took her five minutes to type up the words on the computer and then iron them on her shirt. Big deal.

I don't think its a matter of quality. I think its more the fact that someone would make their own Eva attire. If they were a bit more elaborate they would be something to hubbub about. The fact is that its "cool" to wear your fandom on your sleeve. This girl is doing that, literally.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:34 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Image Image

When I get the time, I'm going to make a shirt from one of these images. And it will be teh awesome.

It would be more awesome if it weren't apparent that the "n" in Anno was copied from "inside" and the "a" and "o" were handdrawn. :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

chocomanji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby chocomanji » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:05 pm

You are all a bunch of STALKERS. :shock:

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:29 pm

Hey some people have to make a living you know. lol.
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Timesplitter 01
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby Timesplitter 01 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:04 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Hey some people have to make a living you know. lol.

There are other ways of making money DFS.

chocomanji how can u call us stalkers , you havent been here for a few months.
I have too much anime, yet it's not enough. Anime Addict, if it were a drug; I'd be dead.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:55 pm

I don't think its a matter of quality. I think its more the fact that someone would make their own Eva attire.

Well, seeing that shirt got me thinking... and doing... and today I walked around with this ironed on:

('S got a small ghosty white NERV on the back. I don't have a pic of the actual shirt, as I don't have a camera... and also you shall never see me. 8) )

BTW, I would totally pay for one of those Anno shirts, but how much do you want to bet we'd get in some kind of trouble if they became really lucrative? Looks like you'll have to give those away, EM. :D (Invert the "R", BTW. Safety first.)

Shit, do you think Interscope'll rip the shirt off my back? :oops: I'll just wear a coat at all times...

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:04 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:BTW, I would totally pay for one of those Anno shirts, but how much do you want to bet we'd get in some kind of trouble if they became really lucrative? Looks like you'll have to give those away, EM. :D (Invert the "R", BTW. Safety first.)

Shit, do you think Interscope'll rip the shirt off my back? :oops: I'll just wear a coat at all times...

Well, as far as I'm concerned, its ok under the Fair Use policy. I don't know about making money off of them, but I'll bet its perfectly legit.

I doubt the people who made the "Hentai Inside" shirt had a license. And also keep in mind that that design is practically a parody. Its perfectly legit to make a profit off of parody products, although the actual reproduction of the Nerv logo may not be considered fair use.

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:11 pm

the actual reproduction of the Nerv logo may not be considered fair use.

Hmm... you may be right. Fortunately, I bought the cheap transfer sheets, and I can probably peel it off; I just thought it looked a little weird with nothing on the back.

It'd be interesting if you applied Anno's filmography to the back of the shirt with the general visual panache of band tour attire.

_get some help

Otaprince
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Otaprince » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:40 pm

the Intel logo is protected by trademark, not copyright.
Last edited by Otaprince on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Titus
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

Some1 has 2 make a stand for the better sex

•      
  •      

Postby Titus » Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:03 am

Otaprince wrote:i notice that only the ladies have been negative about this post. Jealous of other Eva-girls, perhaps?

[runs for cover] :)

Well lets not pick on any girls for now, I mean the thing looks like something that you can buy off a second hand anime shop for a few $ or £ respectivly. It's not that hot, so I don't know what the fuss is about! [ I hope that this reply isn't a few years late!] :roll:

aCynicalPie
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby aCynicalPie » Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:21 am

Otaprince wrote:just fyi from a law student, the Intel logo is protected by trademark, not copyright. Fair use is an exception/defense to copyright infringement, not trademark infringement.

when you have a noncompeting product (like a t-shirt) and potential trademark infringement, courts go through a "likelihood of confusion" test that considers the similarity to the mark, the strength of the mark, etc... since no one is likely to think that Intel made the "Anno Inside" shirt, you're probably in the clear...

It might help to remove the "R" at the top right too, heh.

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:32 pm

Hexon.Arq wrote:[url]http://hexon.arq.tripod.com/wilkommenshirt.jpg[/url]

Bah! Photoshop filter abuse!
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:23 pm

Hey, some of them want to be abused. :wink:

It's what I do.

_get some help

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:14 pm

Is that a doctored Jesus or something? Creepy... but cool.

Hexon, assuming you made that... does that mean you have the Sephirotic Tree in high-res?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:38 pm

Is that a doctored Jesus or something?

Chigai desu. It's Omega from the cover of Mechanical Animals. I shaved h(is)(er) head and drew on the mask.

Hexon, assuming you made that... does that mean you have the Sephirotic Tree in high-res?

The res is not terribly high, but yes. I don't remember where I downloaded it from, but the file is on my laptop, which is, unfortunately, unavailable (read: teetering on dead).

_get some help

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:53 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Image Image

When I get the time, I'm going to make a shirt from one of these images. And it will be teh awesome.

I don't get it... you want Anno inside you?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:15 pm

coff wrote:I don't get it... you want Anno inside you?

The evidence has been staring us in the face all this time! Aaron secretly writes self-insertion lemon fanfics ... featuring himself and Anno!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:45 pm

I never got to see the dreamgirl as the link has been removed. Can anybody repost it please?
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”