"You are number one!"

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

You are number one!

Poll ended at Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:52 am

Shinji
26%
Asuka
70%
Rei
4%

Total votes: 23

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

"You are number one!"

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:22 pm

i was looking to MAGI's thread "Who's your favorite albino?" and it gave me an idea to make a topic about who do you consider the best pilot of Eva..

personally my vote goes to Asuka..her combat abilities are great-well maybe Eva-02 helps here too-and i like seeing that she pilots her Eva with determination and that she doesn't give up..

so what about you?

p.s sorry if this have been posted before..
Last edited by the_seventh_child on Fri Dec 10, 2004 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anime and manga unite us all. Much better than the Olympics. - Carl Horn |11.30.2004.
"As of this moment, we are changing from soldiers to pirates!" - Captain Jeffrey Wilder (Macross Frontier #22)

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:57 pm

Asuka sucks ass compared to Rei!

Rei is kool with here super awsome ultra mega rific dupper blue hair red eyes and nice curvy body with a kool blue ultra kool mega human with a big eye with and she who is part angel who takes orders and is starle or what ever and her pale skin which i wonder if it will get any dark er if she gets a tan but any way she lives by her self and can cook and dosent talk much or display emotion like any other human but still in any other way thats kool (big breath)
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:52 pm

Yui.

Granted, it's her body, so she's not "piloting" anything, but it probably goes without saying that she has greater mastery over an Eva than anyone else.

Asuka in #25' doesn't get any Brownie Points for "piloting", either. Kyoko was in an awakened state, but she was working with Asuka, as opposed to taking full control like Yui does.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

DatDude
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby DatDude » Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:47 pm

Im all for Shinji withASuka being a close 2nd.
There was an EVA Nerd here, but now he's gone.

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:24 pm

It's clear that Asuka pretty damn good at piloting... at first. Yui's good at berserking, but she doesn't really keep her cool. Rei is generally mediocre most of the time. But Shinji: Shinji gets better than Asuka at synching, but he's not that good of a pilot. Not too much enthusiasm, or too much enthusiasm leading to his digestion.
Basically, none of these pilots would have been picked if they went for an interview. Too many mental problems and all. But Asuka was a good pilot. After her fall, Shinji won by default. And he quit a few times. Poor Rei, though. :cry: She was average, if that's how you'd like to call it.

(By the way, Yui, I think, wouldn't really count as a pilot. She WAS the evangelion in a sense.)
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Nov 30, 2004 10:23 pm

well...Asuka had the best reflexes etc.. out of all of them...

houtaru
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby houtaru » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:33 am

I always thought Shinji was the best, hands down. When he put his mind into piloting, he always got farther with the enemy than the others (remember episode 19?). And, much to Asuka's despair, she couldn't beat an angel and survive without his help at any point during the series. That's one of the reasons she gets depressed towards the end of the series.

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:16 am

yea...but he is also dependant on his mom's help...

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 2:36 pm

But dident he not know that his mom was in the eva for a long while?
Don't ban me for a limited time! Either ban me for good or let me be. (I only hold grudges for a few years lol)

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:35 pm

FOR GOD'S SAKE!!!

Sorry, I had no intention of voicing my pick; I just got so depressed that I had to script my frustration.

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 5:47 pm

Hex do you take anti-deppression pills? :lol:

Hexon.Arq
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hexon.Arq » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:29 pm

No, when it gets too severe what I do is exit the Chit-Chat forums .

_you can't do anything, so don't even try
_get some help
_don't do what sonic does

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:47 pm

heh heh yeah right

ChronoX
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby ChronoX » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:05 pm

sadsadshinji wrote:yea...but he is also dependant on his mom's help...

not entirley, when fighting the 14th he hought MUCH better that Rei or Asuka could ever hope to acomplish. yes he did get help from his mother but before that he gave it his all. plus he has more guts that the other to if you paid attention earlier in the episode or in the previous one. he accually planned to kill and blow up about half of the nerv complex and the only way he came out of the entry plug was that Gendou increased the LCL pressure to max instantaneously which was beyond Shinji's ability to cope with.
"We are born, meant to die. If I am to die, then let it be with a sword in my hand, my enemies at my feet, and my blood on my body. Come forward, come forward, come forward! And let us all meet in bloody combat."-The Rose Lord, William Rose.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:32 pm

MAGI wrote:Yui's good at berserking, but she doesn't really keep her cool.

"Doesn't keep her cool"? Have you watched the second half of EoE?

(By the way, Yui, I think, wouldn't really count as a pilot. She WAS the evangelion in a sense.)

Was, is, will forever be.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

MAGI
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby MAGI » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:29 am

:x You just like to critisise me, don't you, Reichu?

Revision: Yui's good at berserking, but doesn't really keep her cool whilst doing so. Also, you can't really depend on her all the time, because she isn't officially employed as a pilot. In a sense, she WAS the evangelion, so she can't qualify as a pilot, as the pilot is supposed keep the evangelion under control, in the first place.
ココにいても、いいの?
Is it okay for me to be here?

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:53 am

but still, the victory was taken by his mom, when she dissolved him in the entry plug...
Rei didnt have enough of a sync ratio, and Asuka thought that the AT field was down, when it definately wasnt...if you look at how Asuka did early on, she has better piloting skills...
Shinji's rage was the only thing that kept him going the the fight against zeruel...cause when his arm was blown off, he hardly noticed... if you compare that to when he had his arm "broken" in the first battle, you can see the difference

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:19 am

MAGI wrote::x You just like to critisise me, don't you, Reichu?

You spelled "criticize" (or I suppose "criticise", if you prefer) wrong.

;)

Revision: Yui's good at berserking, but doesn't really keep her cool whilst doing so.

If you had to sit around in a giant refrigerator for 10+ years, doing absolutely nothing, I wager you'd be pretty pissed off too. ;)

Again, I'd like to point out that Yui was in control throughout #26', and she seemed ridiculously cool-headed to me. She didn't even fight back. Apparently there is some kind of rationale behind her actions, even when she is on the warpath. The same cannot be said for all so-called "berserk" (I really hate the term) Evas:

Also, you can't really depend on her all the time, because she isn't officially employed as a pilot.

I mostly just said "Yui" out of spite for these "Who's the best pilot?" discussions. :P Screw the pilots; the Evas have minds of their own, thank you very much.

as the pilot is supposed keep the evangelion under control, in the first place.

I think if a sane, rational person is inside the Eva, they are more than capable of keeping themselves under control. (Yui obviously can, as she stops her little rampages as soon as her work is done.) They have pilots (A) for plot reasons and (B) because kids are easier to manipulate than women in possession of godly power.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Dark FireStar
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby Dark FireStar » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:38 pm

Reichu wrote:Screw the pilots; the Evas have minds of their own, thank you very much.

Yeah so we should ask which is the better Eva or somthing? Or who is the better WOMAN pilot (Yui, askuas mom if she is in the other one, or lilth) or somthing like that>lol.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:32 pm

Dark FireStar wrote:Yeah so we should ask which is the better Eva or somthing?

The answer to that is so obvious, it needs no asking. :P
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”