How many times have you watched Eva consecutively?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

How many times have you watched Eva consecutively?

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:01 am

By that I mean .. how many times have you ever watched the entire series plus EoE (rinse, and repeat XD) back-to-back before you finally said enough is enough?

I think I'm on my fourth time through in week. That is, I don't have control of the TV all day, so I watch it while I work at night and then pick up the following evening when everyone goes upstairs again. But whenever I have the TV, I pop in Eva. I dunno why I can keep going through over and over without getting tired of it, but I think it's because I go through systematically and try to pick out all the flaws and little details I read about, but never noticed. And I find I get a kick out of the dialogue now, because I almost know some of the episodes word for word. XD

So? What was your longest Eva spree?

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:10 am

Hmm, probably never. I didn't own EoE after I went through the series my first time, and I've only watched the series all the way through afterwards maybe once or twice with other people, but it wasn't back to back. All the other viewings was probably specific scenes or episodes.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:52 am

Mostly the same as Ornette, except I had EoE available during my first viewing (albeit a shit nth-generation bootleg). I barely ever watch NGE all the way through since I get so much "overexposure" to it due to fandom. If I didn't, I'd probably just sit through the whole thing on a periodic basis, then shelve it for months.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 am

I watched it all the way through 3 times before I got online and started reading about it. By that time, my urge to watch had been cooled and urge to discuss got heated, and I think I've only seen a few more times since then.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:00 am

I've done the marathon thing once. All episodes + teh movies. I've never watched the series more than one time in succession though.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:38 am

It doesn't sound like you mean "watched in one sitting" but "watched beginning to end"

I've done this 3 times....but keep in mind, I do watch 3-4 episodes at a stretch, out of order, every week or two when I'm looking for specific info.
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

shito
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shito » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:14 am

I never watched the entire series plus the movies in the same week, let alone in one sitting.
Same as others here, when I first watched the series in VHS, EoE was kind of hard to find and only crappy bootleg VHS. I mostly watched from episodes 19 to 24 all the time, and EoE.
Recently I've watched Renewal, all 26 TV episodes in one week, something I haven't done before and the 2nd time I watched the entire series (in order). Oh and it was also the first time I saw the director's cuts.
death and

Kaysow
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kaysow » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Well I've seen it maybe four or five times in the past two years altogether, months inbetween. Why would I want to start right over after finishing it? That just detract from the replay value.
If I have no soul to touch, no heart to love, no evil to rise up above
No angels and no ghosts, no real victories to toast
If you believe that this is true then I must ask;
to what end do you proceed?

-Dustin Kensrue, Thrice

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:22 pm

And another the same as Ornette -- closest to back-to-back was watching EoE, dub first then sub on two consecutive days almost 4 years ago, and not again since.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 pm

One complete watching at a time was quite enough for me. Never done repeated tries and I don't really want too.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:52 pm

All consecutively, once. After that it was just a few ep at a time or EoE.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:29 am

Same as Reichu, although I get enormously bored by the time it gets to Episodes 20-26. Same as Sachiel_13 as well. Normally I just watch one episode or another at a time, most commonly are Ep 1-19.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:45 am

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Same as Reichu, although I get enormously bored by the time it gets to Episodes 20-26. Same as Sachiel_13 as well. Normally I just watch one episode or another at a time, most commonly are Ep 1-19.

(He get's confused when everybody starts talking. He's in it for the action. :wink: )
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:49 am

Fine, I have to admit, I like the action bits. But come on! Few people would want to go through the bits that pisses everybody off! Like the surreal train thing, and I'm only expressing my opinions, nothing wrong with that.
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:54 am

Those bits and pieces are what got me hooked on to the show. I DEMAND SPLIT!!!
- Sachi

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:58 am

This thread says something about myself. I don't if it's good or bad. XD

I guess I'm just weird, since I'm able to watch it so many times, without skipping around.

I know it doesn't make any sense to go through and then go right around and start over again, but I honestly got something else out of it each time -- other than something to keep me busy.

For some reason I would miss things I hadn't noticed the first time I saw it ever, or the fourth time I ever saw it, or things I didn't notice when I watched an episode the day before. Perhaps it doesn't work for everyone, because your brains are probably working at full efficiency. XD

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 am

I definitely caught a lot of stuff that I missed on my subsequent viewings. But my first 2 viewings was non-stop ep1 to ep26 (and second time, with EoE), so a lot of the parts I wanted to see again was still fresh in my head.

Master Hand
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Master Hand » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:49 pm

I've watched all episodes plus EOE just once.Tried doing it again but the first few episodes dont entertain me that much as the later ones do.
I am the Master of hands.

Steve
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Steve » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:45 pm

Just once. When I got the Platinum set, a friend and I watched the whole series, then Death, then EoE in the span of about two weeks. We watched five or six episodes at a time.

Back in the VHS days, I watched the whole series - without EoE - over a longer period of time (maybe a month or so).
maybe i would've been something you'd be good at.

birdyofthemoongoddess
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby birdyofthemoongoddess » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:02 am

I think I'd go insane if I had to watch the same anime back-to-back four times in a row (though, I have... about... 15 times in a row... or so...) Especially NGE since I haven't really watched much of it.
Birdy is a girl.
hannah's handprints.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”