The "Refridgerator" Moments

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:44 pm

UrsusArctos wrote:The most powerful N2 was actually right at the end of the series- the one that completely blew open the Geofront.

Barring EoE though...though really become nothing more than pellet guns.
I won.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:06 am

Reichu wrote:I think I mostly suspended my disbelief the first time. I remember thinking that Eva-01 mysteriously getting back into the Cage without explanation after her dining incident was a total bullshit copout, though. Probably other things, too.
That was the only one I immediately recall as well.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:04 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:
Reichu wrote:I think I mostly suspended my disbelief the first time. I remember thinking that Eva-01 mysteriously getting back into the Cage without explanation after her dining incident was a total bullshit copout, though. Probably other things, too.
That was the only one I immediately recall as well.

I don't know, manga had explanation for it and I always found explanation to be unneeded (still cool looking sequence). After all, Eva had settles down twice before on her own. I didn't see reason why it hadn't happened again.

One I can come up with is whole ep 10 deal with EVA-01 saving Asuka.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 am

Xard wrote:I don't know, manga had explanation for it and I always found explanation to be unneeded (still cool looking sequence).

Even Sadamoto's explanation was BS. That SO wouldn't have stopped an Eva-01 out for some late-night partyin'.

After all, Eva had settles down twice before on her own. I didn't see reason why it hadn't happened again.

That's the only explanation that really works, but I dislike the fact that the script basically opts for cop-out.

End of #19: "Oh no the Eva is no longer under our control we're all doomed!"
Beginning of #20: "Oh, hey, look, she's magically back in the Cage and totally inert, how do you like that..."
Reichu: "You gotta be fucking kiddin'."

Yeah, everyone freaked out when the Eva when nutzoid the other times, but this time she went REALLY nutzoid, and all that S2 Engine and restraints crap made it sound like it was going to be no easy (if impossible) task getting that baby back under control. There's absolutely no comment afterwards on how they were able to reclaim her, which is awfully strange all things considered.

One I can come up with is whole ep 10 deal with EVA-01 saving Asuka.

There's actually a thread dedicated to that one somewhere.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:22 am

Reichu wrote:
Xard wrote:I don't know, manga had explanation for it and I always found explanation to be unneeded (still cool looking sequence).

Even Sadamoto's explanation was BS. That SO wouldn't have stopped an Eva-01 out for some late-night partyin'.

True. I facepalm'd when I saw those silly...strings shoting out from the buildings.

After all, Eva had settles down twice before on her own. I didn't see reason why it hadn't happened again.

That's the only explanation that really works, but I dislike the fact that the script basically opts for cop-out.

End of #19: "Oh no the Eva is no longer under our control we're all doomed!"
Beginning of #20: "Oh, hey, look, she's magically back in the Cage and totally inert, how do you like that..."
Reichu: "You gotta be fucking kiddin'."

Yeah, everyone freaked out when the Eva when nutzoid the other times, but this time she went REALLY nutzoid, and all that S2 Engine and restraints crap made it sound like it was going to be no easy (if impossible) task getting that baby back under control. There's absolutely no comment afterwards on how they were able to reclaim her, which is awfully strange all things considered.

One word: Budget

Second: I never got this picture NERV brough EVA-01 under their control again. It was like Ritsuko put it: impossible.

I always got this picture that after ep 20 Yui was just co-operating with NERV and Shinji. I guess she stopped "moving" shortly after ep 19 ended.

Those poor NERV personnels who moved and bandaged her ( "oh grandmother what huge teeth you have :D ) must've been scared witless during the whole thing.

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 am

Hey the first time Eva Unit 01 when berserk, it came back to its cage all by its own...why not this time. Now more than ever Yui was in controll of Eva-Unit 01 actions.
Last edited by Themaninblack on Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I won.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:41 pm

Reichu wrote:End of #19: "Oh no the Eva is no longer under our control we're all doomed!"
:rofl:
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”