MARATHON:Ever watched Eva start to finish?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

The Imperialist
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby The Imperialist » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:33 pm

I, for being slightly psychotic when I feel like it, shall bring a shotgun and shoot all of ye. No, I would never do that. I think.

INstead of marathoning, you should just watch Rebuild, or do something else you could not do from where you come from. Marathoning it to some place like Japan is just a waste of money.
I feel old

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:36 pm

The Imperialist wrote:Marathoning it to some place like Japan is just a waste of money.

Not really. If I'm going anyways, I might as well.

Guys, I tried marathoning it again and fell asleep on ep 8.... :hmph: Next time I'll be able to do it.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

TheAyanamiOtaku
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby TheAyanamiOtaku » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:50 am

Ya'know, I think it's best to marathon with some insomniac, so he can bug ya every time you try to fall asleep.

We should have a marathon ON THE ROOF OF GAINAX HQ! YEAH! lol they would totally sic Sho on us or something.
Rei: I'm not your puppet.

The Allied States of Syraneen

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:10 am

I think I've done it about 4 or 5 times, including the movies. Always had a blast doing it. I will probably end up doing it again this coming spring break.

AsukaChan
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby AsukaChan » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:41 am

I almost marathoned last night.

I've been so busy with projects that NGE is the only thing that's been able to keep me awake through the night, and I watched 4-26 plus EoE (I started at ep4 because the person I was with for most of the day had already seen 1-3 earlier). I wish I'd started from ep1 so I could have truly marathoned. I think I'll do it for real during my next project where I have to do animations. XD

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:27 am

I haven't marathoned it, I might've done 3 DVDs on the trot once - what I think is cool to do is watching the episodes in a random order, so if you watch ep.#15 and then ep.#24 D.C. you notice that Rei and Kaworu are both aware of whenever someone is watching them - there's all kinds of stuff you notice when you watch the series in a random order.

Edit: Thinking about it I did marathon my VHS copy (4 hour tapes recorded off the telly), but I had only seen NGE a couple of times at that point and it was still a fresh experience for me.

universalperson
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby universalperson » Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 pm

Zugzwang wrote:I haven't marathoned it, I might've done 3 DVDs on the trot once - what I think is cool to do is watching the episodes in a random order, so if you watch ep.#15 and then ep.#24 D.C. you notice that Rei and Kaworu are both aware of whenever someone is watching them - there's all kinds of stuff you notice when you watch the series in a random order.

Really? Where in #15 does Rei notice people are watching her?
Avatar courtesy of RetroRainbow, and the Eva art book.

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:59 pm

universalperson wrote:Where in #15 does Rei notice people are watching her?

Shinji and Rei in ep.#15:

[code:1]Shinji:
Say, what kind of person is my father?

Rei:
I don't know.

Shinji:
I see.

Rei:
You've been looking at me all afternoon because you wanted to ask me that?[/code:1]

SleepS
Embryo

Watching Evangelion In One Sitting

•      
  •      

Postby SleepS » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm

Anyone ever do this? Tomorrow, as sort of a treat to myself for killing myself all week in classes, I'm not getting out of bed and going to watch the entirety of the series and the movies straight through. I've already seen the series, but I think it would be a fun to see what other things you notice in the series seeing it with everything still fresh in your mind.

Any one else ever do this? Thoughts? Tips? Prayers? ;)

Captain_Morgan
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Captain_Morgan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am

Good Christ, no.

THE Hal E. Burton 9000
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby THE Hal E. Burton 9000 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:23 am

there's a thread on this already that I am too lazy to go and find

I have done this twice though, episode 1 to EoE

I don't think it's crazy if you have a lot of free time, I've seen several TV series in such mini-marathons
- TEH Fabulous Hal E. Burton 9000

P.S. For those wanting to discuss a matter with yours truly not pertaining to the general topic at hand, PM me. Please and thank you.

Merridian
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Merridian » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:37 am

@SleepS: Awesome. I've done that at least twice now, and it's probably the best way to watch it IMO, since the whole structure of the work can be looked at with the shortest amount of time elapsed. But I'd recommend watching Rebuild 1.11 afterward as well, just cuz.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:39 am

Been there, done that.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:47 am

I've thought about doing it but never have. I also want to watch all of the LotR Extended Editions in one day eventually. You kinda have to plan for it because it's difficult to spend 12-or-so hours watching TV and conserve the other 4 or 5 for eating, bathroom, and anything else that's necessary.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 am

I kinda did this with episodes 11-26 + EoE, but not the entire series
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:18 am

You know what? I'll think I'll give it a try. Though I'll end up having a huge EVA headache, I can't resist the challenge. I'M IN!

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't think I could do it. I'd be crawled up in a ball looong before I'll reach the end.

ran1
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby ran1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:01 pm

I've watched Eps 19-26 all in a row, but I doubt I could marathon the earlier episodes, because I would want to do something else while having to sit through eps 10-14
Punished "Venom" Ran1
Vanity of Vanities
Every post in Evageeks automaticaly becomes masturbatory material. It's nothing new. ~Justcrazyguy
Ran's persistent irony is a coping mechanism he uses to try and create some understanding of his paradoxical attraction to and disgust of the elitist bourgeois slaughterhouse in which he's forever trapped. --Muggy

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:13 pm

I saw the whole series plus EoE over two days, so that's the closest I ever got.
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:18 pm

Uriel Septim VII wrote:I saw the whole series plus EoE over two days, so that's the closest I ever got.

Pretty much the same case with me when I first saw Eva.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”