Which character from NGE do you wish was real?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Tsunderes are one of these things that just need to die.

How arrogant is the idea that any girl who says she doesn't like you actually secretly craves your dick because it's just that awesome?

Not that the other party comes off as any more modest, thinking they needn't commit or anything, because they're just so hot that they don't actually have to give the poor "victim" any confirmation.

apparently, they don't consider the male in question worth a few words...

Also, a relationship without any mutual respect just won't work in real life, or end up with someone being always pushed around.

Remember this, boys: When a girl says she can't stand your face, take her word for it!

Remember this, girls: If you treat a guy like mould, he will run off with someone else and call you his bitchy ex girlfriend, or never even realize that you ever wanted something from him...
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:How arrogant is the idea that any girl who says she doesn't like you actually secretly craves your dick because it's just that awesome?

...That's not what the word means at all. A character is tsundere when he/she behaves in harsh or cold manner towards others while hiding a kinder, gentler side within. A lot of anime just tend to play out their tsundere characters that way.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:07 pm

I wish Gendo was real so we could go to parties with our sunglasses on and act very "cool." I'd imagine he'd be my "wingman" or I'd be his "wingman" or something and then he'd get really drunk and start telling me all about how much he misses Yui and he'd totally ruin all of my good times.

peripateia
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby peripateia » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:47 pm

ahh we need a thread devoted to Asuka's characterization as a Tsundere archetype! I've read some interesting posts in this thread that either support or reject Asuka's 'Tsundere' label, but it's totally off topic so I'm hesitant to offer this random Yuko Miyamura quote about it...
oh well,

YM: She is so cute. If I were to say what is cute about her it would be her “tsundere” character. “Tsundere” in Japanese describes someone who is selfish and easily irritable, but on the inside they’re actually lonely and they just want to be loved.

source: EGF search function

LovelyFangirl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LovelyFangirl » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:07 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:hm....Misato if i was 15 years older or she was 15 years younger!

Same here, but with Kaji :lol:
I'm just a little german Fangirl, so excuse me if I spell something wrong. My OTP is MisatoxKaji :D

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:55 pm

@Kendrix:

Don't make me laugh, mate. You're doing it wrong.

Don't quote entire posts. -NemZ

LeoXiao
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

•      
  •      

Postby LeoXiao » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:15 pm

yeah, tsundere in its RL incarnations really doesn't work that way.

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:25 pm

It doesn't mean that they must die! What kind of logic is this!?

Tribblepoo
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Tribblepoo » Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:43 am

Current conversation is too deep for me, so I will stick with the original thread topic.

This is actually a tough decision. I have always been sort of fascinated by Rei as a character (in a non-sexual way) and it would be interesting to talk with her and see what she says/does in those unusual moments that she shows volition. It would be fun to see Mari run around and scare the shit out of people where I live. I'd like to see Kaji as a real person too. In a way, he reminds me of myself in one aspect of my personality. I could see us getting into philosophy discussions regularly. I also have a very strong interest in the sciences, so for obvious reasons, Ritsuko also interests me. In the end though, I think the character who'd actually be a "best fit" for the real world is Misato. To me, she always seemed more of an "everyman" than Shinji (yes I do realize that is what Shinji's "role" in the series is). Besides, Misato would just be a fun friend to have around, call up just to BS or on a weekend night go bar-hopping with.

Characters I would not like to see are Shinji, Asuka, Gendo, Yui and Kihl. The first three is for the reason that I have dealt too much with the sort of drama and associated BS that comes with those personalities to really tolerate any more of it. Yui actually kind of frightens me with her apparent manipulations from the grave (as it were) and I have had way too many bosses who have the insecurities and petty pecker-waving that Kihl does to really tolerate him either.
"Having sex with extreme gas must be how the Scots came up with the idea for bagpipes."

Melchior
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Melchior » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:21 pm

In fairness to Asuka, (and yes, this is biased) I don't believe she can qualify for a Tsundere... at least not yet. I think considering the puberty, the situation they are thrown in, Shinji's lack of... well, everything, and her entire background (regarding her father and mother's situation, I believe she is going through a phase. It might be considered Tsundere-esque, but, I believe when aged, she would grow out of this.

On a lighter note - I don't think all Tsunderes should die... some of them are nice to look at! :whistle:

LovelyFangirl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LovelyFangirl » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:23 pm

View Original PostKatana wrote:It doesn't mean that they must die! What kind of logic is this!?

I really like Tsunderes. They are so interesting....don't ask why, but I really have a faible for them. Tsunderes ftw! :D
I'm just a little german Fangirl, so excuse me if I spell something wrong. My OTP is MisatoxKaji :D

jetlagger
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetlagger » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:51 am

None, since not a single Eva character would withstand the harsh ad nuanced realities of real life without getting lock up in a mental hospital, a prison or both.

Maybe Gendo. He'd soon have a radio show of his own to rant about conspiracies of old white men who run the world behind the scenes (the liberal elite! the jews! the new world order... SEELE?).

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:34 am

View Original Postjetlagger wrote:None, since not a single Eva character would withstand the harsh ad nuanced realities of real life without getting lock up in a mental hospital, a prison or both.

I bet Hikari and the rest of Class 2-A would do just fine. Same with Kaji. And Fuyutsuki. Probably Ritsuko, too. In fact, pretty much everyone in the cast apart from the Kids and Misato. Well, them and Gendo; the loss of Yui in that way would probably break him to pieces.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

jetlagger
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jetlagger » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:26 am

You're right. I completely disregarded them since their function in that fictional universe is precisely to be "normal, everyday" people.

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:34 am

I wish Rei was real so we could talk about life, the universe and everything.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:14 pm

I wish Misato was real so I could smell her.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:20 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:I wish Misato was real so I could smell her.

Oh. That's nice. *Awkward silence echoes throughout the thread*
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I wish Shinji was real so I could kidnap him after Yui's departure and bring him up properly, poor kid.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Deva Victrix
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Deva Victrix » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:58 pm

This makes me moist.
THINGS AND STUFF.

Avatar: Werewolf Asuka(THE BEST Asuka.)

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:36 pm

Just mix together lavender, beer, gunpowder, curry and sweat.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”