Censor Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 am

I??m curious how many people saw it that day.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knoxer
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Knoxer » Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:10 pm

Opteron-O3 wrote:Censoring EVA reminds me of Cromartie High School for some odd reason... If you´ve seen it, maybe you´ll know what I mean... horrid.

O.o I found that series oddly funny at times...
Fuyutsuki: It's hot
Gendo: Yes...

Opteron-O3
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Opteron-O3 » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:06 pm

Knoxer wrote:
Opteron-O3 wrote:Censoring EVA reminds me of Cromartie High School for some odd reason... If you??ve seen it, maybe you??ll know what I mean... horrid.

O.o I found that series oddly funny at times...

Funny yes, but horrid.
Last edited by Opteron-O3 on Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:16 pm

Ornette wrote:
THE Hal E. Burton 9000 wrote:Well, the rights to telecast EoE in the US is currently in the hands of those at Starz Entertainment Group, so if it were to be shown on TV, it would be either on Starz or, more likely, Encore Action.

It was already aired on Encore Action, unedited, in 2005.
Sci-Fi's lineup is using stuff from Starz, so there is a slim possibility that it could air during Ani-Monday at some future date. It would probably be edited a bit, though. And the commercials every 10 minutes would make me just want to pop in the DVD. Too bad Sci-Fi wouldn't air it uncut and unedited. That would be awesome.
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:58 pm

CorporalChaos wrote:And the commercials every 10 minutes would make me just want to pop in the DVD.

Cartoon Network only plays commercials during the eyecatch as they would in Japan. Although, I agree that watching commercials in general is annoying.

Too bad Sci-Fi wouldn't air it uncut and unedited. That would be awesome.

Sci-Fi would edit it down to make Eva mind-numbingly retarded. That's the only kind of programming their parent company allows them to have these days.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Rommel
Ireul
Ireul

Re: Censor Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rommel » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:08 pm

Knoxer wrote:Okay, well I thought this would be a fun little thing to do and to make you think of how hard making something like NGE suitable for 4kids tv. Heres how it's going to happen..

You have just landed a job at 4KidsTv as a top editor, it's your job to find good animes that are getting a lot of response in Japan and some state side and censor them to make them suitable for kids. Now have chosen Evangelion knowing full well this task will be a hard one, but if done right will get to a big promotion.

Now what you need to do is censor Evangelion and the movie to make it suitable for kids ages 6+. List what you would edit, scrap, and keep. Have fun!

Haven't you seen the Sopranos for network TV parody that MadTV did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFYN8loUboA

The same would happen to Eva.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:29 pm

Ornette wrote:It was already aired on Encore Action, unedited, in 2005.

But let me not that it makes a difference since Mangle's translation is so shitty eitherway: It was dubbed?
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Themaninblack
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Themaninblack » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:36 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:
Ornette wrote:It was already aired on Encore Action, unedited, in 2005.

But let me not that it makes a difference since Mangle's translation is so shitty eitherway: It was dubbed?

Yep!...the week before the showed Death and Rebirth.
I won.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:37 pm

BrikHaus wrote:Cartoon Network only plays commercials during the eyecatch as they would in Japan. Although, I agree that watching commercials in general is annoying.

Actually, I was referring to how Ani-Monday has a commercial break every half-hour. I was watching Tokko the other night, and as the action starts cranking up, a commercial for aspirin breaks in, leading me to remark "We interrupt this killing to bring you aspirin."
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:32 am

Hehe...I could see it playing on Cartoon Network at 3 in the afternoon.

The episodes progressivly become shorter and shorter until it's like that joke sketch on Kids in the Hall where they can only do the middle of a skit because they lack a beginning and an end.

If anything it would make the show all the more confusing.

Ex:
Shinji Monologue: ....Mmmm, thats a big giant eyeball in the sky. I think I'm gonna (FLASH) What the hell, where am I? And why is Toji playing basketball? I think I'm (FLASH) lost. Jeebers! There's a halo in the sky! I think it (FLASH). Hold on Kaworu in Eva 01's hand. (FLASH) Whoa...I think the show is (FLASH) Congratulations!

It could be weirder than anything David Lynch could put out.

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:12 am

Gendo'sPapa wrote:It could be weirder than anything David Lynch could put out.
Hell, in its "complete" stage it probably is... Well, maybe not counting Lost Highway. ;)
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

King_Panther13
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby King_Panther13 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:15 am

I think I actually saw the series for the first time on that Giant Robot weak on Cartoon Network, though I'm not sure...it may have been on Adult Swim. I remember being embarrassed to the theme song to it XD. But yeah, censorship sucks. It's not like the children watching the shows aren't going to learn the words anyhow. What're we trying to do, breed a new generation of children that don't curse smoke drink, etc etc?

I think censored shows really do ruin the whole thing, but they spread the show out to people who are actually interested in it....and it gets more fans.

Toonces
Embryo

Re: Censor Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Toonces » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:12 pm

Rommel wrote:Haven't you seen the Sopranos for network TV parody that MadTV did?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFYN8loUboA

The same would happen to Eva.

haha, that was probably the funniest thing I've seen all week :mrgreen:

More so because it's so true.
Long-time lurker

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”