Super Solenoid= You can fight without your head?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

Super Solenoid= You can fight without your head?

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Tue May 15, 2007 2:44 am

Just now I looked at some screenshots of EoE. When Third Impact was triggered, the Tree of Life was seen to be comprised of Eva-01 and the 9 MP Evas.

What I remembered had happened earlier was that in Asuka's fight with the MP Evas, at least two have been totally incapicitated- one had his head blown up and torn into two, all his blood pouring on Eva-02. The second had been cut into two by a large blade thing, the torso thrown to nowhere to be seen.

Then how come you still have a total of 9 units to build up the Tree of Life? It has been clearly stated that the super solenoid for the MP Evas are incapable of regenerating, therefore at most you should only get 7 units capable of finishing their mission (among which some had already lost their leg or an arm, or have toothpicks stuck all over his head).

Don't tell me the super solenoid can allow one to resurrect like the liquid robot in Terminator 2.
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue May 15, 2007 6:10 am

I always wondered this myself, because even Seele states that "(We have) somewhat fewer than planned, it will have to do.", yet there's only 9 to begin with, and we see 9 carry Sho into the skies... Very weird.
Cinelogue & Forced Perspective Cinema
^ Writing as Jonathan Henderson ^
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue May 15, 2007 7:39 am

they got up, picked up their limbs, and flew up there! :P

no, but maybe there was actually Eva's 5-15, but 14 and 15 didnt come out till 3I, so then there are 2 lying dead somwhere

wait, nervermind
heres a thought
perhaps, when Lilith started to rise to the sky, when everybody AT field started collapsing, the MP Eva's werent affected (since they were clones of Angels, and had an Angel Dummy Plug) and they actually used that to their own advantage, and pulled themselves back together?

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 15, 2007 8:21 am

All the Evas just get back up. You can even see the one without legs flying around during the crucifixion of Unit 01.

How can some of them operate with severe degrees of damage? Because their S2 are fueled by a wonderful substance known as narrativium.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue May 15, 2007 8:22 am

If you pay attention, the Harpy with the broken neck actually does regenerate.

tinmeigut
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby tinmeigut » Tue May 15, 2007 8:31 am

Hey, but the first MP Eva killed by Asuka has actually be torn into gravy!
If all the world hated you, and believed you wicked, while your own conscience approved you, and absolved you from guilt, you would not be without friends. -Jane Eyre, Chapter 8

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue May 15, 2007 8:32 am

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:If you pay attention, the Harpy with the broken neck actually does regenerate.

SINCE WHEN?

TriLink
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby TriLink » Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 am

So why is Sho able to regenerate, but not the Harpy's?
" Just one question America...WHO IS FUCKING OUR PING PONG BALLS!?" -Dr.Stephen T Colbert DFA

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue May 15, 2007 10:09 am

TriLink12 wrote:So why is Sho able to regenerate, but not the Harpy's?

Shhh. Quiet, you. You're not supposed to think about it that much.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue May 15, 2007 10:14 am

nobody has addressed the confusing Seele quote I posted (c'mon, no takers?).
We're all adrift on the stormy seas of Evangelion, desperately trying to gather what flotsam can be snatched from the gale into a somewhat seaworthy interpretation so that we can at last reach the shores of reason and respite. - ObsessiveMathsFreak
Jimbo has posted enough to be considered greater than or equal to everyone, and or synonymous with the concept of 'everyone'. - Muggy
I've seen so many changeful years, / to Earth I am a stranger grown: / I wander in the ways of men, / alike unknowing and unknown: / Unheard, unpitied, unrelieved, / I bear alone my load of care; / For silent, low, on beds of dust, / Lie all that would my sorrows share. - Robert Burns' Lament for James

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Tue May 15, 2007 10:45 am

Eva Yojimbo wrote:nobody has addressed the confusing Seele quote I posted (c'mon, no takers?).

I was convinced that somewhere it was said that there were meant to be 15 Evas in total, but #23 states otherwise (13). With the quote in question, I was under the impression (from various subs) that they were talking about the entire set (EVA-01 instead of Lilith etc).

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue May 15, 2007 10:51 am

Szmitten wrote:
I was convinced that somewhere it was said that there were meant to be 15 Evas in total, but #23 states otherwise (13). With the quote in question, I was under the impression (from various subs) that they were talking about the entire set (EVA-01 instead of Lilith etc).
I thought it strange though that they're addressing it at that exact point in time after the MPE/Asuka fight though where several were injured really badly.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 15, 2007 11:21 am

TriLink12 wrote:So why is Sho able to regenerate, but not the Harpy's?

Because the harpies suck.

Monkey wrote:How can some of them operate with severe degrees of damage? Because their S2 are fueled by a wonderful substance known as narrativium.

I think it has more to do with "It's not over 'till your core cracks open."

Jimbo wrote:I always wondered this myself, because even Seele states that "(We have) somewhat fewer than planned, it will have to do.", yet there's only 9 to begin with, and we see 9 carry Sho into the skies... Very weird.

They originally planned for 12 -- some have suggested a connection with the number of bigshot Seele members.

The quote confuses me, too, since, if they have any more than nine, they would have run out of Sephiroth to assign Evas to.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue May 15, 2007 12:47 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:SINCE WHEN?

If I knew how to make an animated gif I would. Pop in EoE and fast-forward to the part where the Harpies get up, the one with it's neck snapped, you know the limp-headed one, actually reconnects it to it's body.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Tue May 15, 2007 1:31 pm

Anonymous_Evafan wrote:If I knew how to make an animated gif I would. Pop in EoE and fast-forward to the part where the Harpies get up, the one with it's neck snapped, you know the limp-headed one, actually reconnects it to it's body.

By the same token, the first one that's attacked is initially shown with her entire head destroyed, and then, when she reactivates, only the top of the cranium is ruptured (brains hanging out, and such). I wouldn't really chalk the innumerable discrepancies in injury presentation to "regeneration" so much as those omnipresent continuity errors -- i.e., the neck-snapping wasn't "supposed" to be "throw it over your shoulder like a continental soldier"-extreme. If that makes any sense at all.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eva Yojimbo
Redbeard
Redbeard

•      
  •      

Postby Eva Yojimbo » Tue May 15, 2007 1:42 pm

Reichu wrote:
so much as those omnipresent continuity errors --
There are no continuity errors. Everything in NGE has a greater purpose in the narrative. This message was brought to you by the NGE Fanwankers of the World. Thank you. :)

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Tue May 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Guess What people? When you ask shit about MP Evas,. your not really supposed to think about it, because that would be greater consistancy than Anno was capable of in EoE. :p

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue May 15, 2007 9:14 pm

Reichu wrote:I wouldn't really chalk the innumerable discrepancies in injury presentation to "regeneration"

Nor was I trying to, I was just pointing out that they do have some regenerative capabilities since reconnecting ones head to ones body would qualify as such.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Tue May 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Reichu wrote:By the same token, the first one that's attacked is initially shown with her entire head destroyed, and then, when she reactivates, only the top of the cranium is ruptured (brains hanging out, and such). I wouldn't really chalk the innumerable discrepancies in injury presentation to "regeneration" so much as those omnipresent continuity errors -- i.e., the neck-snapping wasn't "supposed" to be "throw it over your shoulder like a continental soldier"-extreme. If that makes any sense at all.

maybe the Harpies heads are like pillows (1st thing to come to mind)
when you punch them in, they slightly fill back up with air, but theres still a dent, maybe thats what happend to the 1st harpy to get its ass kicked

Executor
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Executor » Wed May 16, 2007 5:49 pm

... And Ignored, even though it is a plausible answer.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”