Favorite/Least favorite charas & why

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Amitch1991
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Amitch1991 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:43 pm

I have 3 favourite characters, Shinji, Rei and Misato, not really a deep reason why, they are just awesome :D
The Fate of Destruction is also the Joy of Rebirth

Xbox Live Gamertag : Th3at3rofDr3ams

Facebook : www.facebook.com/BigDogAdz

Twitter : @RealAACentral

Hirdy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hirdy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:02 am

Asuka, they just did so well in giving her a back story and tryin to make you feel sorry for by the end of the series.

Vice Commander Fuyutsuki/Kaji - awesome characters always calm and they know wat they r doin
Nothin important here, keep scrollin

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:54 pm

Misato, of course! In and out of battle, she's a tough chick and easily one of the more reasonable people in the cast since, unlike the other characters, she's perfectly willing to just talk about her neuroses.

Love Not Given Lightly
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Love Not Given Lightly » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 pm

Rei, then Kaworu.
There are no stupid ideas, only stupid executions.

Vicious
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Vicious » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:43 am

Asuka (Soryu of course, Shikinami can go rot in hell), followed by Shinji with HMs to Kaji and Kaworu.

shiun
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby shiun » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:21 am

Asuka hands down, with favor towards Soryu than Shikinami. I have a soft spot for characters who are unlikeable at first, but as you progress, you'll see why they're like that in the first place. You'll know that her bad attitude is just a defense mechanism for the things she's been through. I guess I like characters that need to be 'redeemed,' which is why Soryu is my favorite character there. Shikinami seems to be softer and leading to just another tsundere rather than a girl with severe issues.

Kaworu comes in next because he's intriguing. Why would an Angel like him care about the fate of the world anyway?
I'm a floatplane.

Justacrazyguy
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Justacrazyguy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:51 pm

A tie betwen Rei and Shinji.

gammerboy1999
Embryo

fav character

•      
  •      

Postby gammerboy1999 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:13 am

my fav would have to be Rei she the one that got me hooked on evangelion in the first place

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ssguy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:47 pm

View Original PostEVAJedi wrote:But I must say that I did love almost every character both good and bad. - They just played it so right.

I think part of what made the show so good is that there really are no bad people, just people that sometimes do bad things.

I'm able to identify with all the characters, in different ways. Even Gendo is only the way he is because it's the most efficient way to defeat the angels. He's a pragmatist, and I can respect that.

As far as my general favorite? I can't really say. They're all written pretty well. I'm thinking either Kaworu or Asuka though. Kaworu is basically created as a perfect example of a human being, and Asuka is someone that is easy to feel pity for. Even people that hated her were horrified at her death in EoE. Never understood the love for Rei though.

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:13 pm

Shogoki (providing you consider the Eva to be characters) even if he behaves like an angry monkey.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:38 pm

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Shogoki (providing you consider the Eva to be characters) even if he behaves like an angry monkey.

She. Shogoki's a she.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:53 pm

It is an other topic but I am a ful developped male and my soul is loaded inside a female body , what am I considered to be then?

Der Kommissar
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Der Kommissar » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:04 pm

Probably 'thoroughly confused.'

TheSophist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby TheSophist » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:11 pm

Asuka: shes a very complex character (along with the other main charaters: shiji, Misato).

But what makes her most interesting is how she handles her 'inadequacy' which all the evangelion characters have, she becomes a egotistical bitch.

If the show did not show her true feelings she would of course have been the most annoying character (which a lot of people talk about).

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:34 pm

Do you feel the same for the Eva, Der Kommisar? XD
Because it pretty much follows the same concept. Except the Evangelions could be simply genderless physical supports, originaly empty, then inhabited by people who were once women. I don't want to use "it" when I refer to them.

I am part of these people who started to like Asuka only when they learnt enough about her to understand the purpose or reason hidden behind her silly behavior.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:51 am

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Shogoki (providing you consider the Eva to be characters) even if he behaves like an angry monkey.
If you look at some of the status displays, it seems that the Eva bodies verge in the hermaphrodite. The local fanon is (or at least was for quite a while) that that particular hominid species has a much lower level of sexual dimorphism (though that line of reasoning also led to the "Kaworu is a girl" hypothesis, an amusing idea which alas foundered when the original BL-heavy episode 24 scripts came to light). I'd still refer to Eva-01 as Yui-sama in the context of a character, though.

View Original PostAurelian wrote:I am part of these people who started to like Asuka only when they learnt enough about her to understand the purpose or reason hidden behind her silly behavior.
They did lay on the stereotypical redhead act rather heavily for quite a few episodes, didn't they.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:13 am

Sure there must be a topic on that subject.
I see the so called "Eva-01" as a primitive giant being who never had his chance to developpe much of himself, ( being asleep 99,8% of the time when he is not facing a great danger in addition to be in great physical pain), who's body is also inhabitated by a human soul who was once a skilled female scientist and the mother of the pilot.
I do not wish you to change your mind about Eva-01 being Yui-Sama (and you would not regardless XD) but I 'm interested on sharing my mind and reading other interpretations.
If it was real, I would consider 3 people when I face Eva-01 :
Shinji (when he is inside the body of course)
Yui
The half of Lilith (the real soul of the body)

As for the gingers in the manga/japanimation world, I don't know much about them , except for Heat from DDS who is a living catastrophe but still a touching person. Asuka should marry him, she would get her "real man" XD

AR-99
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby AR-99 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:21 pm

Started out with Rei before converting to Asuka and have not looked back.

Secondary favorites are Kensuke and Makoto. I have noticed that I have a tendency to favor male characters with glasses (but not female ones as much), especially if I can relate to them in some way.
Go with God, and Fight Like the Devil 1356
Curator of: Evangelion Virtual MuseumCold SteelMFC
Sanity is no option for a collector. - Tolwyn • I just love eva so much that I figured it's worth investing in. - Paranoid

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 pm

View Original PostAurelian wrote:Sure there must be a topic on that subject.
Most obvious candidates

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/12545/Eva-Units-and-Gender-References
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/4184/Thoughts-About-Evangelion-Biology
http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/1904/Gender-Sex-of-Non-Lilim-Persons/
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Aurelian
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Aurelian » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:07 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”