And the Angel was Silent...(Spoiler Alert be advised)

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Abaddon
Embryo

And the Angel was Silent...(Spoiler Alert be advised)

•      
  •      

Postby Abaddon » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:16 pm

:!: Warning this topic will cover spoiler material for those who haven’t watched the entire NGE series! :!:

The question is simply this, If you could have been in Shinji’s position at the climax of episode 24, could you have killed Kaworu? I decided not to make this a yes or no forum; because I never have been a fan of ‘yes or no’ questions.

So do you believe you could have killed him? View the situation from different points of view before answering, hindsight is always 20/20 they say. Remember back to when you first watched Kaworu’s demise at that moment, could you have killed him then?

Personally, I don’t think I could have killed him. The nature of the angels and their way of thinking is very important. Maybe it was just Kaworu’s angelic nature to seek out and find Adam. After all, the Angels themselves were seeking completion and wholeness through the union of Adam. Humans are the same way, indeed his nature is the same as our own,indeed, can you blame him for being so human? He wished for completion, but saw how hard humans were willing to fight for their future and continued existence, thus in the end faced with utter defeat he willing died so humanity could live.
Farwell happy fields, where joy forever dwells. Hail, Herrors, Hail abominations, and thy most profoundest hell, welcome your new ruler. One who's made is not changed by place or time. For the mind is it's own place, and can make a hell of heaven a heaven of hell. What matter where if I am eternally the same. Thus, for me, it is better to rule in hell then serve in heaven.

coff
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby coff » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:20 pm

I probably would have killed him. I would have felt like I had to.

RubberSoul
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby RubberSoul » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:42 pm

I couldn't, Kaworu is just too sweet. I wouldn't have the heart.
I can only take so much retarded.

Dave
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:58 pm

I would have destroyed the seventeenth angel without hesitation. As he said, we need the future. Humanity needs hope to survive, and as long as there is a future there will be hope.
Beatus vir qui suffert tentationem.

Xanatose
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Xanatose » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:19 am

I love Kaoru. Love him, I say! But in my hands? He'd have gone splat in have the time it took our Hedgehog protagonist. :cry:

By the way, nice topic title. :)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:25 am

RubberSoul wrote:I couldn't, Kaworu is just too sweet. I wouldn't have the heart.

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:29 am

I would have. Kaworu = Angel. I'd be thankful for what he did for me, but for the greater good, he's still the enemy and I'd still kill him.

But that's just me, and I'm really mean.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

Jason
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Jason » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:05 am

I would, and then I would have probably have hated myself for it for the rest of life, but with each day the weight of the choice would get lighter until the day where I could let go of it forever.
Feel the word and melt upon it.

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:38 am

I never understood how Shinji killed Kaworu.I mean when he had to fight Eva03 with Toji inside it he refused to do it(and he didn't know Toji he was there)because he couldn't kill a child his same age.Then why did he kill Kaworu?

Asterix
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Asterix » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:23 am

the_seventh_child wrote:I never understood how Shinji killed Kaworu.I mean when he had to fight Eva03 with Toji inside it he refused to do it(and he didn't know Toji he was there)because he couldn't kill a child his same age.Then why did he kill Kaworu?

Possibly because Kaworu had requested that Shinji kill him, along with telling him why he needed to. Also, I would imagine the mood is a little different when comparing fighting another eva at the base of a mountain, and standing into front of Lilith.

So yeah... that's my thought. Kaworu requested death, whereas Touji wasn't given a choice (had he ended up dieing).
"why is it when an eva gets free will, the first thing it does is eat its own?"
"...tastes like chicken?"

sadsadshinji
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby sadsadshinji » Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:19 am

in Shinji's position yes...though kaworu would have been the only person to truly return feelings to him...so it would have been really painful... but then again, Asuka would have died...

Karma Burn
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Karma Burn » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:00 am

Hell yes! That little bastard had to die! For me, it can be a good day if I can wound the morale of a fangirl. Killing Kaworu is a perfect way to do that. Besides that, he's an angel! Kaworu just looked human. You've got to kill the enemy, don't you?
"Everyone but me has gone fucking nuts. I'm the eye of the goddam storm." - Tycho, Penny Arcade (Or a very irrate Fuyutsuki)

the_seventh_child
radio gaga
radio gaga

•      
  •      

Postby the_seventh_child » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:04 am

Karma Burn wrote:Hell yes! That little bastard had to die!

Hey!Kaworu is not bastard!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:21 pm

Under pressure, when I can't figure out what to do, I carry out the first orders given to me. Kaworu was an angel, which was the very same type of being I would have been killing the whole series if I had been in Shinji's position. I wouldn't have had much choice but to kill him.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

Kiel
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Kiel » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:28 pm

Kaworu has always been one of my favorite characters...

...I don't know if I'd be able to do it. I probably would, givin the fact that humanity would end if I didn't.
The Amytiville Toaster

Makes Breakfast Spooky!

EVA-01X
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby EVA-01X » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:50 pm

I'd just remeber that he killed a kitten and BOOM! Or rather SPLAT!!!!
The demon returns after a long slumber....
http://www.evamade.org/user.php?id.161
New Signature Image Policy
^Clicky for Evamade!

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:02 pm

EVA-01X wrote:I'd just remeber that he killed a kitten and BOOM! Or rather SPLAT!!!!

when did he kill a cat?

and yes, i would kill him, no questions asked. and it wouldnt take me 2 minutes either.
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

Asuka Langley
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Asuka Langley » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:06 pm

Manga 9 he kills a kitten. PFt.

And you'd have no trouble killing your best friend?? O_o;

I based my answer on Shinji's point of view. If it were up to me, and Kaworu was just some random Angel and nothing more, then I'd definately just kill him.
We'll see whachu' got.

http://xrl.us/ccnh

ShoKenju
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ShoKenju » Tue Jul 27, 2004 3:12 pm

that bastard!

and no, killing a best friend like him would be no big deal for me.

although i wouldnt really count him as a best friend only knowing him for a day 1/2
a man within the trap of one sided love is a man torn beyond his imagination.
-----------
Reason = Virtue = Happiness

Quiddity
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Quiddity » Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:10 pm

Given what would happen with his survival, no question. One can't sacrifice all of humanity because of a friendship with one person. (And given that they were friends for so short a time as I've mentioned in other posts, that makes it even easier, certainly much more so than someone like Touji)

In an unbelievable plot twist, me and Dave actually agree on a subject for once.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”