Does Gendo have a small penis size (according to Anno)?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Berserkelion
Embryo

Does Gendo have a small penis size (according to Anno)?

•      
  •      

Postby Berserkelion » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:15 pm

Ok. I'm not a native Japanese (or English) speaker, but I recently found a chapter from Parano Evangelion named What's great about Gendo?.
In this chapter Anno starts to talk about the size of his ochinchin. For those who don't know, ochichin is the penis. He's not confident and eventually say something about Misato's breast size. Maybe it's just me, but some implication about Gendo's size is here. He's not so massive, if I'm not mistaken; since, as you know, Anno is Gendo and Nerv is a metaphorical rapresentation of Gainax, I wonder if Ikari's masculine behaviour is merely a former reaction to compensate his not-so-massive quality. My Japanese is pretty bad, but this is my partial translation:

Takekuma: I was surprised to find out that Ritsuko was a Gendou's lover. […] His wife, Yui Ikari, also says something like "But there's something cute about him."
[...]
Anno: I wonder what's great about him. Hmm. [...] My concept of cuteness is about the ochinchin. "Oh, it's small".
Takekuma: You're not confident about your ochinchin?
Anno: I don't have a big penis. […] Well, it's pretty into Japanese standard, or a little smaller.
Oizumi: But having a big one is also a problem. I had a friend who was about a bottle of beer, and his lover was mad.
Anno: That's a tragedy.
Oizumi: A tragedy, really (laughs). […] Well, I’m not big. How about Anno-san? What [size] do you like?
Anno: Uhm, well, small is not good, isn’t? But neither too big.

Well, I'm a little concerned. Again, I'm not a native Japanese speaker, but this makes me seriously laugh. Does anyone knows Japanese to translate this? I can give you the full text from the chapter:

大泉: うちのかみさん、 赤木 リツコ博士が大好きなんです。 時々、 似たようなことを言うことがあるんで 「似てる」っていうと、 すっげえ喜ぶ。「潔癖症は辛いわよ」って。
竹熊: 最後、 ゲンドゥの愛人だと判朋してビックリしました。 あんなォヤジのどこがいいんですか。
庵野: うーん、 どこでしょうね。
竹熊: 妻の碇 ユイさんも 「でも可愛いとこあるのよ」 みたいなことを言うじゃないですか。
大泉: あれがいろんなギャグのネタになってて。
庵野: どこがいいんでしょうねえ。 うーん。 まあ 一 応、 あるんですけど。言ってもぜんないので。
竹態: それって要するに, 庵野さんのことでもあるわけでしょう (笑)。
庵野: まあ、 ー部そうですね。
竹態:「こういう人だけど、 でも可愛いとこあるのよ」 っていうのは。
庵野: チンチンですかね (笑)。 僕の可愛いとこっ て、 チンチンぐらいですから。 「あら、 小さい」 とか。
竹熊: そんなに自信ないんでずか?
庵野: チンチンはないですね。
竹熊: 僕もないけどさ (笑)。
大泉: ああ、 同じぐらいだったりして。 やになってきたな (笑)。
庵野: まあ、 日本人の標準ですかね 。 標準よりちょ っと小さい。
大泉: でも、でかすぎるのも問題ですよ。 ビール瓶ぐらいある友人がいて、 風俗嬢に嫌がられたって。
庵野: それはそれで悲劇ですね。
大泉: 悲劇ですよ。
庵野: まあ、 小さいのも 「あら、 もう入ってるの?」 って言われたら、そのショックはもう一生ものですからね。
竹熊: でも女って、そんなに気にしないんじゃない? 実際には。
大泉: 竹熊さんは、どうですか (笑)。
竹熊: 自慢じゃないが包茎です (笑)。 反対にさ、 ォッパ イがでかい小さいって、こだわる人はこだわるかも知れないけれど、 俺はあんまりないよね。
大泉: 僕はでかぃのはダメ。 庵野さんはどうですか。 好みから言うと。
庵野: うーん、 まあ、 小さいのはダメですね。 デヵ過ぎるのもダメ。 よく巨乳マ ンガがあるでしょう。 全然ダメですよ。 もう乳に見えなくて。
竹熊: 牛とか、そういう世界ですよね。
庵野: いゃ、 ないよりあった方がいいんですけど。 あり過ぎるのもどうかなあ。
大泉: 俺、ちょっとミサトだとでかすぎるかな。
竹熊:ミサトさん、あんな食生活で、しかも三〇歳でしょう。 なんでああいうナイス ・バディなんですか。
庵野: でも、乳垂れてましたよわ。ミサトさんも,ハリがなくなってて。
"In order to make myself recognized by the Other, I must risk my own life. To risk one's life, in fact, is to reveal oneself as not-bound to the objective form or to any determined existence — as not-bound to life" (Jean-Paul Sartre, Being and Nothingness)
"Despair is a Sickness in the Spirit, in the Self, and So It May Assume a Triple Form: in Despair at Not Being Conscious of Having a Self (Despair Improperly So Called); in Despair at Not Willing to Be Oneself; in Despair at Willing to Be Oneself" (Kierkegaard, The Sickness Unto Death)
"As one's ignorance disappears when he gains knowledge, and as darkness disappears when light appears, so also incompleteness is eliminated by completeness" (The Gospel of Truth)

orcot
Ramiel
Ramiel

Re: Does Gendo have a small penis size (according to Anno)?

•      
  •      

Postby orcot » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:33 pm

And me thinking Gendo was a giant dick all this time. Well live and learn

Xard
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Xard » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Oizumi: My wife loves Ritsuko Akagi. At times, she says similar things to her and if I mention the resemblance she becomes elated. "It's tough having a fastidious nature", for example.
Takekuma: In the end I was surprised when she was revealed to be Gendo's lover. What's good about old man like him?
Anno: Hmm, I wonder what it is indeed.
Takekuma: His wife Ikari Yui also says things like "but he also has a cute side", doesn't she?
Oizumi: That became a basis for so many gags.
Anno: I wonder what's good about him. Hmm. Well, on one hand, there is something. Even saying that is unseemly.
Takekuma: To sum it up, isn't this the case with Anno too, right? (laugh)
Anno: Well, that is partly the case.
Takekuma: Isn't the gist here "though he is this kind of person, he also has a cute side"?
Anno: Maybe it's about penis. (laugh) My penis is the only cute part of me. "Oh my, how tiny!" and the like.
Takekuma: Do you lack confidence that badly?
Anno: I lack a penis.
Takekuma: It's not like I have much to talk about either. (laugh)
Oizumi: What if your sizes match. This is becoming terrible. (laugh)
Anno: Well, I guess mine would be about the average size for Japanese. Slightly smaller than average.
Oizumi: However, being too big is also a problem. My friend has one like a beer bottle, and prostitutes hate it.
Anno: That is also a tragedy in its own way.
Oizumi: It truly is a tragedy.
Anno: Well, if you're small and hear "oh, it's already in?" the shock will last a lifetime.
Takekuma: But women don't really care that much, do they? In reality.
Oizumi: Well how are you hung, Oizumi? (laugh)
Takekuma: This is not a brag but I have a phimosis. (laugh) Reversely, I guess people who fixate on breast size care about boobs being small or big, but I don't really mind the size much.
Oizumi: I can't stand big boobs. How about you, Anno? In terms of preferences.
Anno: Hmm, well, small ones are no good. Too big is no good either. There's a lot Giant Tits manga out there, right. That's completely out of question. They don't even look like breasts anymore.
Takekuma: It's a world of cows or the like.
Anno: Well no, it's better to have some rather than none at all but I do wonder if having too much is good either.
Oizumi: Speaking for myself, Misato and the like might be slightly too big.
Takekuma: Misato, what is up with her sexy body? Especially with those eating habits and she's already 3X years old, right?
Anno: But her boobs have started to sag. Even Misato has lost resilience of her skin.

Velorex
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Velorex » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:49 pm

Doing God's work Xard.
"the master of a cruel angel's hypothesis"

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:05 pm

I take zero responsibility.

Anno: Well, if you're small and hear "oh, it's already in?" the shock will last a lifetime.

[Insert entry plug jokes]

As amusing as this is, this is a prime example of why we need to exercise common sense when reading supplemental material. A lot of the time they're just shooting the shit, probably drunk, and Anno, particularly in the 90s, tends to be deliberately obtuse or coy ("Asuka, because she's cute!") when confronted with interviewers that aren't entirely in the known of what they're talking about.

I'll, once again, quote this:

[Sadamoto:] So I wondered what the point was, and decided to add a little bit of her story in the manga, on impulse. So it’s really not something the staff of the movies thought about or asked me to do, just something you can consider as a play of mine.

I see, since you know, fans tend to read deep into that kind of thing.

Yamaga: Yeah, particularly on Evangelion. They think every little detail has a meaning. (laugh)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:07 am

Weird how this deep lore analysis was posted on the chit chat sub forum. :lol: j/k

I am unfamiliar with Parano Evangelion. What is that?

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:52 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Weird how this deep lore analysis was posted on the chit chat sub forum. :lol: j/k

I am unfamiliar with Parano Evangelion. What is that?

It's the second book of the Schizo/Parano ones. It's a collection of interviews with Anno and other Gainax staff. Sometimes it's referred to as "prano" or "paranoia".

The Flying Fortress
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby The Flying Fortress » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:00 am

You may not have "drilled Geofront" enough :shifty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTR0rRkrF8s

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:04 pm

This is why you've got to love artists
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:57 am

Berserkelion wrote:Anno is Gendo and Nerv is a metaphorical representation of Gainax

Do we have any other evidence or hypothesis except this? If i'm not wrong,Anno found himself comparable to Shinji more than any other character. Well,their facial structure,appearance kinda matches up. So,I think it's safe to say that gendo has big/average/small/micro/non existential(whatever you want) dick before we find some proof like about Shinji's one being small.
The Flying Fortress wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTR0rRkrF8s

I just love the fact that he talks to a prostitute that openly about futon,bugs and most importantly evangelion.Also,his first time.
Anno wrote: I lack a penis.

Well,that explains a lot.

Thanks xard for translating.
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:39 pm

View Original PostBerserker wrote:Well,that explains a lot.

Keep in mind, that interview was done with a beer in hand; Anno was definitely just making jokes there
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:03 pm

^ That explains a whole lot more. :shifty:

Berserker
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby Berserker » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:00 am

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Keep in mind, that interview was done with a beer in hand; Anno was definitely just making jokes there

I know that's a joke. Just had to do that.
FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:^ That explains a whole lot more. :shifty:

He gets it. :shifty:
EvaGeeks at its finest: discussing whether or not a 14 yo girl has breast implants and how they should look. ~Shamsiel-kun
Sometimes I secretly think the reason I'm an A/S shipper is because I want Rei for myself. ~Chuckman
Eew, penis and testicles, gross! ~Reichu
My dude, "cross, crucifix, troubles, back, rood, buttock" sounds a lot closer to classic Evangelion than just one stray buttock roaming around in the film. ~FreakyFilmFan4ever

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:07 pm

"Can Evas get fat" vibes
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”