Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Old sticky threads from different subfora are preserved here for easy reference

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:16 am

A bit like the end of the manga? :devil:
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Re: Evangelion Pic Thread 10: The Society for the Appreciation Of The Premium Girl (and her friends)

Postby Ray » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:37 am

Well she didn't have a patch. But . . . .maybe?

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:45 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Well she didn't have a patch. But . . . .maybe?

I always got the impression that in some universes Asuka is destine to loose an eye or have a problem with it so that version might be one who lost or damaged her eye as a child hence the patch.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:10 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Wouldn't it be great if at the end of Final Shinji arrived at his new School in his new life and sees this?

I can dream can't I?

The "super happy ending" should a 30 seconds cut with Asuka finally serving Shinji the lunch she wanted to cook for him in 2.0.
Obviously it tastes bad, Shinji chokes, she gets angry and kick the table screaming "BAKA!" making Shinji fly across the room. THE END.

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:00 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:
Asuka  SPOILER: Show

Wouldn't it be great if at the end of Final Shinji arrived at his new School in his new life and sees this?

I can dream can't I?

Dream on. It would be a meaningful moment that indicates, that they can start their lives over again, now that they've overcome the worst, what their lives offered.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“
-Loading Screen, Spec Ops: The Line

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

The Cruel
Banned

Postby The Cruel » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:I always got the impression that in some universes Asuka is destine to loose an eye or have a problem with it so that version might be one who lost or damaged her eye as a child hence the patch.

Like Nadine Hurley from Twin Peaks.
I carry out things right to the end. No. Matter. What.

Avatar: I declare myself as WILLEs deserved enemy and Asukas and Shinjis punisher

You can (not) hope

„Unfortunately, those other fools and idiots gave you the most worthless feeling. And that feeling is hope. The unicorn alive shitting a magic rainbow is but an illusion.“
-Doom Head, Rob Zombie's 31

„If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.“

„Cognitive dissonance is an uncomfortable feeling caused by holding two conflicting ideas simultaneously.“

„It takes a strong man to deny what's in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.“
-Colonel John Konrad, Spec Ops: The Line

„Through the darkness of future past,
the magician longs to see,
one chance out between two worlds.
Fire walk with me!“

-Bob, Twin Peaks

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 am

That's the first time I've seen Asuka+Kaworu shipping and have it NOT feel weird. Also, it's really cute!

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:17 pm

I don't think Anno would approve shipping of any kind.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:03 pm

View Original PostC.T.1290 wrote:I don't think Anno would approve shipping of any kind.

Anno wrote Nadia and directed His and Her Circumstances, he does shipping.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

Postby C.T.1290 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:13 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Anno wrote Nadia and directed His and Her Circumstances, he does shipping.

Not sure in the case of Shinji and Asuka, or any characters in EVA.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:00 pm

A Different Take  SPOILER: Show
Truth or Dare  SPOILER: Show
Petit EVA  SPOILER: Show
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:02 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Image

I love the Idea of three Rei's existing as sister. With serious studious Rei, Happy Genki Rei, and creepy baby Rei.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:07 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I love the Idea of three Rei's existing as sister. With serious studious Rei, Happy Genki Rei, and creepy baby Rei.

I know, I just wish I could find the show to watch it, it looks like it has a good premise.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:14 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:I love the Idea of three Rei's existing as sister. With serious studious Rei, Happy Genki Rei, and creepy baby Rei.

You've gotta watch Petit Eva animated series as this is what they show there is a manga as well but its only in French at present.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

Postby pwhodges » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:29 pm

I have the manga in Japanese, because my French is no better. But it's out of print now.

And the anime is not hard to find from illegal sources - you just need to search for "Puchi Eva" or "Evangelion@School" instead of "Petit Eva". I can't find if it was ever released on disk.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 pm

pwhodges wrote:And the anime is not hard to find from illegal sources - you just need to search for "Puchi Eva" or "Evangelion@School" instead of "Petit Eva". I can't find if it was ever released on disk.

Well, my French is much better than my Japanese, having taken six years worth in school. Can't speak it, but I can understand most of it.

And I was only searching for "Petit EVA" so clearly that's been my problem. However, several people (who shall remain anonymous for their own protection) have "pointed" me in the right direction already.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:06 am

It's Not My Fault  SPOILER: Show

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 am

View Original PostRay wrote:
It's Not My Fault  SPOILER: Show

Well, he didn't, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

Postby Ray » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:21 am

From the artists Deviantart
"I’ve always wondered just how much humiliation Shinji felt from being forced to wear the DSS choker. Whether he admitted his guilt to himself or not didn’t play a role - it was a visible, ever-present sign, an involuntary leash, something that he could possibly be complexed about.

Meeting Kaworu, who looked his age and who didn’t seem to acknowledge the choker’s presence at all, must have been a relief to Shinji.

Someone his age, who didn’t experience the world Shinji knew at all, and yet is still so kind - a bizarre contradiction. Shinji would probably try all the more to keep up the image of a normal boy, “I’m just someone that happens to be your age and pilot the Eva, we’re the same, let’s stay friends” …

So it must have been all the more shocking and humiliating once he found out Kaworu had known from the beginning. “Why did you approach me then?”

This short sequence came out from this train of thoughts! Also, I kinda tested my new tablet on this, haha. The colours are all over the place, apologies for that. Thank you very much for taking your time to read this, I hope you enjoyed it!"

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:53 am

Meanwhile, in Russia  SPOILER: Show
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Return to “Old Stickies”