Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

Re: Best Pair

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed May 03, 2017 10:20 am

View Original PostRedgirl01 wrote:Bite your tongue and fool? You're just defending too much. Some people are going to call the characters overrated and that's just an opinion, nothing serious. Some people just don't like Ritsuko or Misato.

He was being tongue in cheek. A joke. I would advise against* going into threads looking to criticize other users. We're here to have fun and share in our love of Eva.

Edit: *thanks for pointing that out typo. ^_^
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Redgirl01
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Redgirl01 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am

View Original PostSachi wrote:He was being tongue in cheek. A joke. I would advise going into threads looking to criticize other users. We're here to have fun and share in our love of Eva.

Oh..
I am autistic with trauma and can act up, too. Sometimes I don't understand people. You just got to explain things better to me so that I can understand.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed May 03, 2017 10:39 am

Sachi wrote:I would advise going into threads looking to criticize other users.

I think you mean advise against going into threads...
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Redgirl01
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Redgirl01 » Wed May 03, 2017 10:49 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:I think you mean advise against going into threads...

yeah, i think that's what he meant.:tongue:
I am autistic with trauma and can act up, too. Sometimes I don't understand people. You just got to explain things better to me so that I can understand.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Wed May 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Hey hey hey. I say we get back to the original purpose of this thread.

That being said, Shigeru x Air Guitar is probably the best pair.
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Wed May 03, 2017 4:06 pm

View Original PostRadicalRandy wrote:Hey hey hey. I say we get back to the original purpose of this thread.

That being said, Shigeru x Air Guitar is probably the best pair.

SPOILER: Show

They sure are high on the list. Shame Hyuga and Ibuki never got their wish, though.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

big_big_bozo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby big_big_bozo » Wed May 03, 2017 4:36 pm

Semi-related; I used to chat with a guy that swore by his Asuka x friggin Arael pairing, and he was dead serious. It struck me as incredibly absurd and a just a lil' bit disturbing, but he was hellbent on convincing me otherwise. From what I recall, he basically pitched it as "the only characters that truly understand eachother", given the mind-rape and all. He wrote a ton of fanfiction about it, basically changing the events of Ep 22 to allow for a ""romance"" between the two trans-dimensional lovers to blossom, wherin Arael helps Asuka come to terms with her Mother, while she teaches him the basics of human emotion and vulnerability.

But really, I think it was just a dumb pretense to get his waifu to grind up on some sexy space molecules. The whole Instrumentality ordeal also makes this pairing somewhat irrelevant (and no less stomach churning), but he wasn't budging. Goddamn perv. Still a funny guy tho, and not a bad writer in spite of the subject matter.

This also reminds me of someone that wrote a Giantess smutfic involving GNR, Shinji, AND Kaworu, but I won't go into that weirdo shit in this thread.

As for my favorite pairing, I'm a bit partial to Shinji x Rei, but I acknowledge Shinji x Asuka as the end-all-be-all canon pairing, for obvious reasons.
Last edited by big_big_bozo on Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sacred cum swamp denizen

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Wed May 03, 2017 4:57 pm

View Original Postbig_big_bozo wrote:Semi-related; I used to chat with a guy that swore by his Asuka x friggin Areal pairing, and he was dead serious. It struck me as incredibly absurd and a just a lil' bit disturbing, but he was hellbent on convincing me otherwise. From what I recall, he basically pitched it as "the only characters that truly understand eachother", given the mind-rape and all. He wrote a ton of fanfiction about it, basically changing the events of Ep 22 to allow for a ""romance"" between the two trans-dimensional lovers to blossom, wherin Arael helps Asuka come to terms with her Mother, while she teaches him the basics of human emotion and vulnerability.

But really, I think it was just a dumb pretense to get his waifu to grind up on some sexy space molecules. The whole Instrumentality ordeal also makes this pairing somewhat irrelevant (and no less stomach churning), but he wasn't budging. Goddamn perv. Still a funny guy tho, and not a bad writer in spite of the subject matter.

This also reminds me of someone that wrote a Giantess smutfic involving GNR, Shinji, AND Kaworu, but I won't go into that weirdo shit in this thread.

As for my favorite pairing, I'm a bit partial to Shinji x Rei, but I acknowledge Shinji x Asuka as the end-all-be-all canon pairing, for obvious reasons.

Either you encountered a very dedicated troll with quite a sense of sarcasm, or a person with some quite differing opinions from the ''standard''.
I strongly believe the human cast should stay as far away from angels as it is possible, this including Nagisa.
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

big_big_bozo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby big_big_bozo » Wed May 03, 2017 5:21 pm

View Original PostSnow wrote:Either you encountered a very dedicated troll with quite a sense of sarcasm, or a person with some quite differing opinions from the ''standard''.

I've never known of a troll that wrote 100k+ words of psuedo-smut and only distributed it to a few people. I'll go with the latter.

View Original PostSnow wrote: I strongly believe the human cast should stay as far away from angels as it is possible, this including Nagisa.

Idk, I've seen some interesting things done with Kaworu x whoever (usually Rei, Shinji, Asuka, and I swear to god Gendo for some reason, I've seen it like twice it's insane). But from the perspective of maintaining the "sanity" and well-being of your chosen pair, yeah .... Nagisa is nothing but a walking misery compactor (same goes for the rest of the Angels).
sacred cum swamp denizen

Redgirl01
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Redgirl01 » Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm

View Original Postbig_big_bozo wrote:Semi-related; I used to chat with a guy that swore by his Asuka x friggin Arael pairing, and he was dead serious. It struck me as incredibly absurd and a just a lil' bit disturbing, but he was hellbent on convincing me otherwise. From what I recall, he basically pitched it as "the only characters that truly understand eachother", given the mind-rape and all. He wrote a ton of fanfiction about it, basically changing the events of Ep 22 to allow for a ""romance"" between the two trans-dimensional lovers to blossom, wherin Arael helps Asuka come to terms with her Mother, while she teaches him the basics of human emotion and vulnerability.

Eww... AsukaxArael? That sounds disgusting. And I can't see Arael helping Asuka.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:44 pm

View Original PostRedgirl01 wrote:Eww... AsukaxArael? That sounds disgusting. And I can't see Arael helping Asuka.

Yeah, considering what the angel did to Asuka.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Thu May 04, 2017 9:38 pm

Arael was a lonely child trying to reach out and understand the world. Gotta realize that the Angels haven't been socialized, so how could they possibly know or care about things like privacy?

Lilin like Asuka don't give one shit about what the enemy actually is, they just want it dead.

Kind of ironic, really, that people who've been raised in a society and have a developed theory of mind are less curious about what and how the Other thinks than people who were born alone and don't de facto have anyone to tell them what "alone" actually means.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

big_big_bozo
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby big_big_bozo » Fri May 05, 2017 5:09 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Arael was a lonely child trying to reach out and understand the world. Gotta realize that the Angels haven't been socialized, so how could they possibly know or care about things like privacy?

Don't misunderstand me, I fully acknowledge the Angels plight. Tragic doesn't even begin to describe it, but shipping the only two characters in the show directly associated with the closest thing to RAPE, regardless of the intent, just strikes me as a bridge too far. That's all I was getting at.

Kind of ironic, really, that people who've been raised in a society and have a developed theory of mind are less curious about what and how the Other thinks than people who were born alone and don't de facto have anyone to tell them what "alone" actually means.

I don't think I would characterize the Angels attempts at "communication" to be a concerted effort to break free from the vicious societal habit of 'Othering', but rather a desperate shot in the dark. I doubt curiosity was ever at play (maybe with the exception of Leliel, based on its "conversation" with Shinji).

Also, it's kinda hard to make a case for reaching an amicable understanding with beings that activley threaten your existence simply by existing in tandem. Not to mention that half of em' are outright hostile without any provocation. Even if a good portion of NERV's personnel harbored curiosity about the Angel's psyche, they likley put this aside for the perceived good of the species. As petty and small minded we humans can be, can't say I blame them in this instance.
sacred cum swamp denizen

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Fri May 05, 2017 5:12 am

View Original PostReichu wrote:Arael was a lonely child trying to reach out and understand the world. Gotta realize that the Angels haven't been socialized, so how could they possibly know or care about things like privacy?

Lilin like Asuka don't give one shit about what the enemy actually is, they just want it dead.

Though I'm not going to disagree with the idea that the angels might not be socialized and may be children themselves with Arael I feel like its more a child having a tantrum because he only goes for Asuka's darker memories not her happy ones and its always felt strange to me like it has malice but maybe the malice is about more than just Asuka but more him showing off to the remaining angels going look what I can do, I'm so great.

Pairing wise though I don't believe in relationships founded on cruelty or malice so unless its an AU fanfiction where Arael actions are different and he's betraying the other angels and takes a human form and he and Asuka develop a healthy relationship I cant see it happening.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Redgirl01
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Redgirl01 » Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm

View Original Postsilvermoonlight wrote:Though I'm not going to disagree with the idea that the angels might not be socialized and may be children themselves with Arael I feel like its more a child having a tantrum because he only goes for Asuka's darker memories not her happy ones and its always felt strange to me like it has malice but maybe the malice is about more than just Asuka but more him showing off to the remaining angels going look what I can do, I'm so great.

Pairing wise though I don't believe in relationships founded on cruelty or malice so unless its an AU fanfiction where Arael actions are different and he's betraying the other angels and takes a human form and he and Asuka develop a healthy relationship I cant see it happening.

I didn't know the angels were children. They're creatures so they're probably ageless. Just because Arael manifested itself as child Asuka doesn't mean it's a child itself.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Fri May 05, 2017 12:27 pm

View Original PostRedgirl01 wrote:I didn't know the angels were children.

There's plenty to support this within the show itself.

1) It's very early established in the series that Angels and humans share ~99% of the same inherent wave pattern. This connection is confirmed later in EoE when Misato explains to Shinji that Angels are the offspring of Adam, the same way humans (Lilin) are the offspring of Lilith, and that the similarity is such that the Angels could be considered humans who rejected their human forms. The fundamental difference appears to be that Angels bear the Fruit of Life, while Lilin bear the Fruit of Knowledge. The Fruit of Life allows Angels to live as single, monolithic beings of relative immortality, whereas the Fruit of Knowledge is human life as we know it, with information and evolution accumulating over generations. Both are presented in the show to be lonely existences, yet Lilin are unique in that they actually have the opportunity for connections with one another, yet constantly fail on that front.

2) All the Angels featured in the series are confirmed to have been born between Second Impact (Sept 13, 2000), up until the time of the series; the volcano episode even features one of the hatching of an Angel egg, which looks suspiciously like a human fetus before hatching.

3) Not only does Arael manifest itself as child Asuka, Leliel also seems to manifest as child Shinji when they come into contact. The exception is with Rei and Armisael, who appears to her as a fourteen year old, but keep in mind that the is also the episode that we learn of Rei's origins as a clone. The child Rei is reserved for a separate association with the Rei I, the first Rei strangled at the hands of Naoko.

4) And for my favorite Angel, Sachiel: just look at the way wanders through the cities of Japan, mildly bewildered at the strange flying objects shooting small projectiles at it. Even the way the Angel picks up Unit-01 by the head appears to be out of curiosity. Sachiel carries himself like a small child too big for the playground he's in. He's utterly helpless when Unit-01 goes berserk.

Which leads into my contribution for this topic: best pair is SachixUnit-01. I know you've all seen the picture. After that is SachixZeruel, because of the comic. :D I imagine Zeruel as a strong woman that takes no shit and gets shit done.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Fri May 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Keeping the choises in the human/partially human class I'd say that the most fucked up pair would be Ritsuko x Shinji. That would involve so many "not okay" things that I'd actually want to see it.

RadicalRandy
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby RadicalRandy » Fri May 05, 2017 4:49 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Keeping the choises in the human/partially human class I'd say that the most fucked up pair would be Ritsuko x Shinji. That would involve so many "not okay" things that I'd actually want to see it.

Well, there is that one rape FF...
"Thunder Cross Split Attack!" - Dire
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe." - Shmango Fett

https://www.fanfiction.net/~misterradical

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun May 21, 2017 7:44 pm

You heathens the answer is very obvious:

As for Mari related crack pairings, Mari/Rei doesn't sound to bad they both have a high weirdness tolerance XD
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Cybermat47
Clockiel
Clockiel

What Evangelion characters do you ship?

•      
  •      

Postby Cybermat47 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:26 am

Neon Genesis Evangelion

Shinji and Asuka: Despite all their bickering, I'd say that there's a mutual attraction between Asuka and Shinji. Shinji is kind and caring, something that Asuka's life has lacked since her Mother's insanity and her Father's betrayal, while Asuka is stromg and daring, something that Shinji doesn't have and probably admires.

Rebuild of Evangelion

Shinji and Rei: Just watch 2.0, those two obviously have strong feelings for each other. Shinji is the first person to really treat Rei like a person, rather than just a tool, while Rei tried to heal the relationship between Shinji and Gendo, something that no-one else ever did, either in NGE or RoE.
Reichu wrote:It’s all weird and phallic.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”