Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Glor
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Glor » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:15 pm

^Nah, man. The coolest part would be to see how differently you two approach it - make it awesome in your own way!

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:16 pm

Hoo boy. I've not written fanfic in nine months. Time to strap in, hunker down, and wrangle some fanfiction. :headdesk:

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Heck, we could do both: two independent stories, and a third co-authored. Skype me tomorrow, Nuke. My people will talk to your people.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:33 pm

The more Misato/Maya fics there are, the better. It's strikes me as something similar to what a Mari/Shinji pairing would be like, but with a couple small character differences. Gentlemen, I wish you luck with your efforts.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:36 pm

I actually kinda want in on this. Maybe not writting (I have done fanfics too you know... just not for eva, at least not that I've published) but just as a sounding board? It was my idea guys, come on.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Write one too, then! It'll be a crack pairing party. :lol:

Monk Ed
Sunshine Administrator
Sunshine Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Monk Ed » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:38 pm

Skype party!

(I say that is if I'll be involved, but no way -- as I mentioned in RML I've hit my limit for extracurricular activities.)
System Administrator
"NGE is like a perfectly improvised jazz piece. It builds on a standard and then plays off it from there, and its developments may occasionally recall what it's done before as a way of keeping the whole concatenated." -- Eva Yojimbo
"To me watching anime is not just for killing time or entertainment, it is a life style, and a healthy one too." -- symbv
"That sounds like the kind of science that makes absolutely 0 sense when you stop and think about it... I LOVE IT." -- Rosenakahara

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:39 pm

This might become a community effort....

Ladies of NERV: Chained Heat Edition

An EvaGeeks Production
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:40 pm

I can usually see the possibilities with various rare pairings, but somehow I'm not really seeing it with Maya/Misato. Can someone enlighten me with the relationship dynamics more clearly? I did see your post Guy Nacks, but still ain't feeling it. Maya is the part where I have an issue - too bland to me -o-;
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:41 pm

This thing is starting to smell like a Daikatana. :tongue:

@Monk: :chinscratch: A skype party, eh? With this group, it could be interesting.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:43 pm

Start with Misato/Shinji dynamics. take away issues of age/guardianship and make Shinji a girl. You're 90% of the way there already.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:46 pm

View Original PostNemZ wrote:Start with Misato/Shinji dynamics. take away issues of age/guardianship and make Shinji a girl. You're 90% of the way there already.

Plus the Chemical X factor of "forbidden (but right) lesbian love", which is always a big plus.

Purple is the Warmest Color.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

ThanatosII
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ThanatosII » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Aight.

So Maya has a fixation with Ritsuko. What does she like in her? For one, she's a computer nerd and values Ritsuko's knowledge immensely. Misato is a big failure here. But wait! Maya loves a strong goal-oriented woman, someone that can hold the floor and give direction. Misato definitely can win that front!
So... what could Misato 'mentor' Maya in? Surely something that isn't sex... that's sounds so generic. How can Misato win that "Senpai!" title?!

Edit: So this just hatched in my mind. Perhaps Maya isn't a good driver and prefers to use the subway. Misato, however, is the wild one that loves and feel of the winding road. Imagine Misato trying to teach Maya how to drive professionally, or just have genuine conversations whilst on the road in that sexy blue car. Hrm....
Last edited by ThanatosII on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Understanding each other one hundred percent is impossible.
Of course, that's why we spend so much time trying to understand ourselves and others.
That's what makes life so interesting."
-Kaji Ryoji
"I got confused and I killed my sister... egh I can't help the way that I feel...." - Sorrow
Once you're regularly active on EGF, you get an idea of who is using the "Hidden" feature. Irony, eh?

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:51 pm

Step 1: Gender swap for every male character across the board.
Step 2: Profit.
Step 3: More profit.

There's two things I see in starting it: the first is the removal of Kaji, either in he is unable to arrive with Asuka, or (this might be better) he does, his presence disrupts Misato's equilibirum, and then he's back off into the wild blue yonder to do his spook activities.

The second is that, somehow Maya's perception of Ritsuko needs to be shaken (hard to do, because I have the suspicion that Maya was willingly keeping a lot of skeletons tucked into her closet for Ritz's sake). She has to have a crisis of faith as it were.

Which leads to some sort of opportunity for the two of them to be together, like stuck on an elevator. They talk, Misato complains down at Maya, etc. More opportunities for them to encounter each other in a friendly environment (superior/subordinate, which evolves into mentor/student)....

I think I have a game plan for my story, at least. Now we need to have a Skype party for the big one!
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:54 pm

Maybe we need a fourth fic in here. A fic written by Evageeks as a whole.

A CYOA.

*inception music plays*

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:56 pm

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over t--

BWAAAAAM

--ould you say that a--

BWAAAAAM

--od damn it, it won't s--

BWAAAAAM

--maracas.
-Sorrow

-Literary Eagle

-Leslie Knope

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:07 am

Wait, Skype party? Include me, please. I want to see where this goes.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:22 am

No Rei X Kensuke?

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:03 am

View Original PostRay wrote:Rei X Kensuke?
That's the usual pair-up of the leftovers for asushin fics.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:34 am

View Original PostThanatosII wrote:Aight.

So Maya has a fixation with Ritsuko. What does she like in her? For one, she's a computer nerd and values Ritsuko's knowledge immensely. Misato is a big failure here. But wait! Maya loves a strong goal-oriented woman, someone that can hold the floor and give direction. Misato definitely can win that front!
So... what could Misato 'mentor' Maya in? Surely something that isn't sex... that's sounds so generic. How can Misato win that "Senpai!" title?!

"Senpai, teach me how to drink!"

(actually, secretly "Senpai, teach me how to use alcohol to become more forward-going in order to hook up with girls!")

Also,

Pen-Pen x Gendo. Without anything anal.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”