Hidden details in The End of Evangelion.

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:49 am

As its already been mentioned JSSDF is not SEELE, its Japan's Army IRL. Plus, the answer is yes, I've noticed that guy every time and thought the same thing.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

kevinlowl
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby kevinlowl » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Ah, I see, thanks for the correction guys. I really need to rewatch NGE + EoE again sometime.
Last edited by kevinlowl on Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:23 pm

I never even realized what it was stepping on. Damn, but I wish there was a better transfer out there.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:36 pm

They're actually 2 of them... One is carrying his injured friend, probably saying " Lucky we escaped that red Eva, huh?"
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:39 pm

Maybe they're sharing a passionate last kiss.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

SEELE-01
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE-01 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:Maybe they're sharing a passionate last kiss.

Given one is atop the other it seems more like a passionate last hump...
Visit my Eva-figures Youtube channel!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:48 pm

I could see that.
the prophecy is true

Joy Evangelion
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Joy Evangelion » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:02 pm

I think I noticed that about the third or fourth time I watched EoE, which is surprising because the picture quality on my television isn't all that :tongue: But, yea, those MPEs are sooo brutal. I hate them and their tongues :harpy_liplick:
I used to work in a factory and I was really happy because I could daydream all day -- I.C.
And thanks to EVA, I've started like myself and that has made me very happy. Mr. Anno, please keep working on EVA a lot more.
and thank you so much for everything!!

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 pm

The MPEs are misunderstood. They only want to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Kyoko-pop.
the prophecy is true

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:The MPEs are misunderstood. They only want to know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Kyoko-pop.

:lurk:
No.... no... no........

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Sadly, no one will ever know for sure.

*crunch*
the prophecy is true

tomrule123
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby tomrule123 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:32 pm

... "Sucks to be you!"
-Captain Hero

Ornette
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Ornette » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:55 am

Don't think it's nearly as bad as the baby that got killed in episode 19 : http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/7184/Ha-It-is-funny-because-a-baby-gets-dead/

Th3Marauder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Th3Marauder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:38 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Don't think it's nearly as bad as the baby that got killed in episode 19 : http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/7184/Ha-It-is-funny-because-a-baby-gets-dead/

Oh hot damn.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:58 am

View Original PostOrnette wrote:Don't think it's nearly as bad as the baby that got killed in episode 19 : http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/7184/Ha-It-is-funny-because-a-baby-gets-dead/

:bigeyes: Holy Shit, I never noticed that!

At least in Rebuild the shelter was conveniently evacuated before EVA-02's head crash in it, besides that would have been very awkward if Mari started to talk to Shinji with chunky salsa people encrusted on the Eva chin!

... and then almost everyone dies during the time skip. Damn you Anno! :fistshake:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:04 am

Hey, some people are left alive. I'm sure there are still some babies left, to be killed in Final.
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:23 am

Now THAT one I've never noticed!
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Th3Marauder
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Th3Marauder » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:Hey, some people are left alive. I'm sure there are still some babies left, to be killed in Final.

Well, we can hope. Although that's a question worthy of discussion; Do we think that Final will EoE/Space Runaway Ideon us by killing freaking everyone? Or will it be a less kill happy?

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:06 am

Ideon ending would be a cop-out in this series - pretty much equivalent to a reset.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 am

Besides the manga already took care of the Reset-ending, Anno will need something new! :lol:
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”