the moment in EOE that made you Tear-up....

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Evangelion Oi!
Embryo

the moment in EOE that made you Tear-up....

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion Oi! » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:21 pm

the moments i EoE that made me tear-up was when Asuka has her revelation about the a.t. field

And my favortive moment that ALWAYS makes me tear up because of its beutiy is that part was the Ambiguty scence in the train when Asuka sitting at the table with her head down and Shinji says "Asuka i wanna stay with you..." and the part after he knocks the table over and hits the chair and he says "help me..." and Asuka, I LOVE the way she look at that moment, responds "....no...." and shiji does nothing the music stops and her starts to choke her and lifts her up and "Komm susser tod" starts playing

oh dude that part is the best.... :cry:
nos qutan dinero,nos qutan la vida, nos quietan todo, nos dejan sin nada!

http//www.myspace.com/ivans_scrtom

looke at my shitty profile...

add me!!!!

Phaze
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

Re: the moment in EOE that made you Tear-up....

•      
  •      

Postby Phaze » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:30 pm

Evangelion Oi! wrote:And my favortive moment that ALWAYS makes me tear up because of its beutiy is that part was the Ambiguty scence in the train when Asuka sitting at the table with her head down and Shinji says "Asuka i wanna stay with you..." and the part after he knocks the table over and hits the chair and he says "help me..." and Asuka, I LOVE the way she look at that moment, responds "....no...." and shiji does nothing the music stops and her starts to choke her and lifts her up and "Komm susser tod" starts playing

oh dude that part is the best.... :cry:
That's one of my favorites. Also, Yui and Fuyutsuki's conversation towards the end. Or the live action shots while Jesu plays.
The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!

KhakiBlueThunderSocks
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby KhakiBlueThunderSocks » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:42 pm

Well, I normally don't tear up with an anime, especially NGE because I'm normally trying to figure out what the heck is going on, but the moment that sticks out in my mind that almost made me shed a tear was during the "Tang" scene when everyone is reverting back to LCL. The part when Maya sees Ritsuko again before she reverts is very well done.
"Going to church no more makes you a christian than standing in your garage makes you a car."
- Garrison Keillor

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:57 pm

Evangelion has never made me tear up. Now, Transformers: The Movie... that movie is a veritable tear jerker.

KhakiBlueThunderSocks
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby KhakiBlueThunderSocks » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:09 pm

The Eva Monkey wrote:Evangelion has never made me tear up. Now, Transformers: The Movie... that movie is a veritable tear jerker.

Seeing your true love before death doesn't make you tear up, but transforming semi-trucks do?

Ooooookkk....
"Going to church no more makes you a christian than standing in your garage makes you a car."
- Garrison Keillor

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:10 pm

When Asuka finally realizes not only that her mother loves her, but that she's been there all along...

Mundane
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Mundane » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:34 pm

KhakiBlueThunderSocks wrote:
The Eva Monkey wrote:Evangelion has never made me tear up. Now, Transformers: The Movie... that movie is a veritable tear jerker.

Seeing your true love before death doesn't make you tear up, but transforming semi-trucks do?

Ooooookkk....

The death of Optimus Prime devastated my childhood.
"Evangelion's some heavy shit. I've heard people get into serious philosophical debates on the internet. Then they jack off." -C4

toReason
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby toReason » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:47 am

Not so much having tears but during the scene in which Asuka realizes her mum is there and proceeds to kicks huge amounts of ass to then get beaten down. I was almost screaming at the tv as you would do during a football (read as soccer) game.
*TBA*

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:18 am

there were some moments that "got me" but none of them made me cry. Generally the anime that makes me cry, isn't considered "good" anime in the first place.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:48 am

EoE was a sitting there in slack jawed shock and horror experience for me.

slothen wrote:Generally the anime that makes me cry, isn't considered "good" anime in the first place.

Two words - Millennium Actress. I wept manly tears along with the interviewer in that movie.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:48 am

I don't cry.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:33 am

BobBQ wrote:I don't cry.

Why's that? It's a very ordinary physiological reaction to stressors. (Like sneezing. Sorta.)

I can't recall reaching the point of tears in EoE, but the closest points would be (A) death of Team Soryu and (B) Yui's final scene.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

geishaboy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby geishaboy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:47 am

I had a few tears towards the end of the movie, it's quite the tear jerker

My girlfriend got drunk and and decided she wanted to see it, she bawled her eyes out through the whole thing screaming "Shinji! Shinji!"

Good times

BobBQ
Dyskolos
Dyskolos

•      
  •      

Postby BobBQ » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:04 am

Reichu wrote:Why's that? It's a very ordinary physiological reaction to stressors. (Like sneezing. Sorta.)

I was picked on a lot in grade school; the bullies thought it was an invitation to trample all over me and my unsympathetic parents strongly discouraged it.

Nowdays I just don't react to things in the way most people seem to. Maybe I'm too jaded and cynical, or maybe the combination of AS and the realization that life has no greater meaning have rendered such emotional displays irrelevant for me.

I suppose that, in a way, I've become a real life Ikari Gendo. Certainly the scheming bastard and I have enough historical details in common.
Last edited by BobBQ on Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:05 am

Death of Misato, Death of Asuka and the Komm Susser Todd Scenes.

EoE is the only film thats ever made me tear up.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:13 am

BobBQ wrote:Nowdays I just don't react to things in the way most people seem to. Maybe I'm too jaded and cynical, or maybe the combination of AS and the realization that life has no greater meaning have rendered such emotional displays irrelevant for me.

I find it unfortunate that a stigma is commonly attached to crying, i.e., that it is given connotations greater than those of an intrinsically harmless natural behavior and form of catharsis. Parents shouldn't discourage crying; they should discourage getting upset over the wrong things. ("BUT I WANT IT NOOOOOOWWWWWWWW!!!!!")

They can be inconveniencing if there is demand to speak at the same time. Good thing my life is so uneventful that the need to cry barely arises.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:08 pm

Mundane wrote:The death of Optimus Prime devastated my childhood.

You know what's a good cure for that?

http://www.seibertron.com/sightings/item.php?item_id=35

I have it, it makes me happy at night. *shifty eyes*

But... back to the topic at hand... I guess you could say that the death of Rei in the first half of episode 23 nearly made me tear up once or twice. But... I don't really cry at movies much.

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:14 pm

Mundane wrote:
KhakiBlueThunderSocks wrote:

Ooooookkk....

The death of Optimus Prime devastated my childhood.

same here. but anyway back to the topic the first time I watched it I had no idea what was going on b/c it was the first thing of eva i had ever seen. But after watching the series and then rewatching EoE a year later I got alittle misty when Kaworu came back all giant and pink.
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:19 pm

I felt pretty sad when Asuka and her mom died but I don't think I got teary eyed too much during Eva. Actually the end of Chrono Crusade got to me more than EoE did. I did cry at the end of Brian's Song but that is allowable even by man laws.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

Lujerker
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Lujerker » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:11 pm

In the film ???? maybe the death of Misato or when she and Shinji talks before her death....
Signature Image Policy
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b128/Lujerker/Evangelion/BannerFU.jpg

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”