The Production of EoE

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

The Production of EoE

•      
  •      

Postby Dataprime » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:25 pm

I am really curious about how the production of the End of Evangelion went. Outside of a few wika's and
the like, I can't seem to find many details that go "in-depth". I'm talking about original scrips, storyboards
the whole nine yard - Is there anything available?

I want to know it all

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:56 pm

There's the two Groundwork books:

[url]https://otakumode.com/shop/5221a3338aabcfaa450000df/Groundwork-of-Evangelion-The-Movie-1[/url]
[url]https://otakumode.com/shop/5221a410484db34047000719/Groundwork-of-Evangelion-The-Movie-2[/url]

Nice to have, though I must say they've really upped their game with the Rebuild Groundwork books, especially the ones for Q.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:35 pm

I've finally completed my Groundworks collection for Q this past Otakon. I only have book 1 for EoE Groundworks. It's really neat to have.

Unfortunately, things like interviews and the like are really hard to come by when it comes to EoE.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:23 pm

The storyboards were thrown in with the Japanese EoE LD, but despite that they're not that hard to come by and pop up on Japanese used book sites all the time for like $10-$15.

As for interviews and staff statements I really can't think of anything outside the theatrical booklets.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”