After the End of the End of Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 pm

I'm actually really glad you made this thread. I've had an idea for a post-credits scene for EoE for some time.

Shinji and Asuka are sitting by the shoreline, mere feet away from each other. They're looking straight forward as they eat meat chunks from the deceased Giant!Rei. Shinji looks sad, and Asuka looks angry. Shinji turns toward Asuka in an attempt to make eye contact with her, and she turns away to the right. Shinji sadly goes back to eating his Rei meat.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Wed May 20, 2015 5:51 pm

^ You know I thought Asuka might be less mad after Third Impact. This would of course change after life went back to "normal".

Rei Meat... I guess from the arm or leg? A hand maybe?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Wed May 20, 2015 9:39 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^ You know I thought Asuka might be less mad after Third Impact. This would of course change after life went back to "normal".

Rei Meat... I guess from the arm or leg? A hand maybe?

One of the major themes of Evangelion is insufficient communication between people. Shinji and Asuka have broken free of Instrumentality, and so it makes sense that this is how they'd behave for a little while.

Yeah, I was thinking either the arm or the leg.

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Thu May 21, 2015 8:09 pm

^

The two kids sit on the shoreline.

"So...what do you want to do?"

"I dunno...what do you want to do?"

"Dunno."

"...good talk."

"Yeah."
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Grand Duke of Yashima
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Grand Duke of Yashima » Sun May 24, 2015 12:47 am

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:^

The two kids sit on the shoreline.

"So...what do you want to do?"

"I dunno...what do you want to do?"

"Dunno."

"...good talk."

"Yeah."

"Well, we're the only ones left now."

A long silence follows, and then...

"Do you want to do it?"
EVA Fan Fiction: The Blue Rose Saga

https://www.facebook.com/EvangelionTheBlueRose

"The power of the Evangelion is the power of love"

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun May 24, 2015 11:50 am

Rei meat is classic old stuff from a fan comic thing. I thought it was here, but... http://www.evamonkey.com/em_omake.php (At least that omake page has some adorable LAS flash cartoons from that Japanese fansite--name escapes me.)
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Sun May 24, 2015 6:55 pm

View Original PostGrand Duke of Yashima wrote:"Well, we're the only ones left now."

A long silence follows, and then...

"Do you want to do it?"

:heehee:

SSD: Anyway, like I was sayin', Rei-meat is the fruit of the knowledge. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, Rei-kabobs, Rei creole, Rei gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple Rei, lemon Rei, coconut Rei, pepper Rei, Rei soup, Rei stew, Rei salad, Rei and potatoes, Rei burger, Rei sandwich. That- that's about it.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Guy Nacks » Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote::heehee:

SSD: Anyway, like I was sayin', Rei-meat is the fruit of the knowledge. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, Rei-kabobs, Rei creole, Rei gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple Rei, lemon Rei, coconut Rei, pepper Rei, Rei soup, Rei stew, Rei salad, Rei and potatoes, Rei burger, Rei sandwich. That- that's about it.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Lxf7Gg88s[/url]
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri May 29, 2015 12:51 pm

"Shinji, get off."

Sulking, Shinji rolls off Asuka. Both Children sit up under the blood red sky. Their gazes fall upon GNR's head. Gazing at them is her dead eye. Entranced, they stare back. After staring at GNR's head for a (long) while, both doze off.

Some time later, Asuka awakes. Shinji is nowhere to be seen, but to Asuka's surprise a small fire burns nearby. Above it, roasting on a wooden stick, is the flesh of some creature.

"How...nice." Asuka whispers, feeling strangely accepting of Shinji's obvious attention and care for her. She takes the meat off the fire, and takes a bite. But where is Shinji, she wonders?

Asuka gets up and looks around. Shinji is nowhere to be seen. Nor can Asuka see anywhere he could be hiding.

"Strange."

Her attention shifts to the meat. It really tastes well. Truly delicious. She eats it all.

Suddenly, Asuka starts to feel shifty. Where. Is. Shinji? A movement catches her eye. A small, white creature, no higher than four inches, stands in the LCL ocean's surf, its back turned towards Asuka. Small, rounded, somewhat feathery wings sprout from its back. Asuka can't see past its back much, but it seems to be holding something. Slowly, it starts to turn towards Asuka. A feeling of impending doom seeps into Asuka. This creature...it seems vaguely familiar.

Then Asuka recognizes the lips. They are full and red. Blood red. Perpetually fixated into a broad smile. Asuka stares at the creature, which stares back from its eternally closed eyes. Smiling. That smile. Something keeps nagging Asuka. She looks down, evading the creature's cheery expression. It holds a stick like Asuka does. There's flesh on it. One of the ends is shaped like...like a...like a hand?!?

Asuka looks in horror at her own stick, to which small bits of thoroughly roasted meat still stick. Barely audible, she asks it:

"Shinji?"

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri May 29, 2015 12:54 pm

^ Did a minature MPE just cook and eat Shinji?
"I'm not going there to die, I'm going to find out if I'm really alive." - Spike Spiegel

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Fri May 29, 2015 1:00 pm

View Original PostSicarius VI wrote:^ Did a minature MPE just cook and eat Shinji?

Absolutely. And Asuka also had a taste of him. Literally.

(This was originally an idea I had for a post EoE-fanfic that went slightly differently, with Shinji's and Asuka's sanity being shattered by paranoia as mini-MPE's looked after them nicely (for some reason), but all the talk about eating Rei got to me...)

Shinoyami65
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby Shinoyami65 » Fri May 29, 2015 1:43 pm

^So aside from the terrors of starvation, dehydration and each other, you've added yet another monster to the Eva menagerie. Well done.
Last edited by Shinoyami65 on Fri May 29, 2015 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E̱͡v͈̙e͔̰̳͙r̞͍y͏̱̲̭͎̪ṱ͙̣̗̱͠h̰̰i͙n̶̮̟̳͍͍̫͓g̩ ̠͈en̶̖̹̪d̸̙̦͙̜͕͍̞s̸̰.̳̙̺̟̻̀

I always thought I might be bad
Now I know that it's true
Because I think you're so good
And I'm nothing like you

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri May 29, 2015 1:45 pm

Well that is actually less crack enducing then Gargoyles attacking Asuka and Shinji in the ruins of Toyko-3...

I actually read a fanfic like that yes. :facepalm:

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri May 29, 2015 2:05 pm

I actually wondered whether they had both morphed into MPEs without realising...
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Fri May 29, 2015 2:56 pm

To be honest, I think that Shinji si going to be to Asuka what Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver was to Travis Bickle, which is a sort of Lacanian Phallus (which is the entire sub-thesis of EoE) and Shinji becomes a sort of sub-phallus, a repression of repression, a double-repression, going under sous rature, which means that Shonji (which is Shinji in his inverted form) means that he can't actually satisfy phallic needs, which is what needs to be done by jumping back into the LCL ocean and re-merging with Rei, taking out all the virgins, sacrificing them to open the Dark Womb Portal in Asuka's uterus that can only be entered via a black hole that opens in the subject's vagina, so first off Shinji is gonna have to find an abandoned OBGYN clinic, sacrifice all the virgins, and then dive head first into the Vagina Singularity, which spaghettifies Shinji and turns him into an infinitesimal gestation point inside Asuka's womb and then they fuse together from the inside in a protracted Cronenbergian drama of body-mind fusion into Shinjasuka.

Sicarius VI
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Sicarius VI » Fri May 29, 2015 2:58 pm

View Original Postchee wrote:To be honest, I think that Shinji si going to be to Asuka what Jodie Foster in Taxi Driver was to Travis Bickle, which is a sort of Lacanian Phallus (which is the entire sub-thesis of EoE) and Shinji becomes a sort of sub-phallus, a repression of repression, a double-repression, going under sous rature, which means that Shonji (which is Shinji in his inverted form) means that he can't actually satisfy phallic needs, which is what needs to be done by jumping back into the LCL ocean and re-merging with Rei, taking out all the virgins, sacrificing them to open the Dark Womb Portal in Asuka's uterus that can only be entered via a black hole that opens in the subject's vagina, so first off Shinji is gonna have to find an abandoned OBGYN clinic, sacrifice all the virgins, and then dive head first into the Vagina Singularity, which spaghettifies Shinji and turns him into an infinitesimal gestation point inside Asuka's womb and then they fuse together from the inside in a protracted Cronenbergian drama of body-mind fusion into Shinjasuka.

Your avatar suits you.

SawItAtAge10
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby SawItAtAge10 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:55 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:This old gem tops it all (ignore the fact how embarrassingly old this thread is, I was an EMF/EGF newbie!): http://forum.evageeks.org/post/63422/Best-EMF-Quotes/#63422

That's insane, but imagine the series taking the whole "repeat button" scenario that much further into infinite regress over and over and over again as if to suggest that EoE and everything leading up to it was merely a test drive for controlling/altering/perfecting reality. It kind of hurts the brain to think of it that way...But it's interesting and cool at the same time.
FROM EVANGELION:
"Acts of Man are greater than acts of God!"

"I'm saying that I love you."

NOT FROM EVANGELION:
"You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold."

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”