Introducing Others to Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Asukaner117
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Asukaner117 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:40 pm

View Original PostGuy Nacks wrote:Did you have them watch the series first? Because just showing them EoE on its own, especially with the hospital scene, can be a little too much if you haven't been eased into the characters and show.

I always skipped the hospital scene and started with the the attack on NERV. I just wanted to show that anime isnt just light entertainment for kids because I always had to defend why i watched this "kids stuff". I tried to explain characters and themes as the film goes on, but that didnt work.
God's in his heaven all's right with the world

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:15 am

It has to be at least 15. Once I got the box set when i was in 10th grade, I lent it to everyone I knew...it was a miracle I got it back in one piece looking back in hindsight but yeah it was fun to talk about it with people as they were watching it.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”