Lets you and him fight

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu May 01, 2014 11:12 pm

View Original PostCJD wrote:Demonbane would kick all their asses.

/thread

Yeah and Pre Retcon Molecule Man destroys him but you don't see me bragging :tongue:

In the fist fight battle between the Asukas I'm going go with M, she has them crazy martial art skills, she'd be snapping necks and cashing checks like nobody's business. R may put up a decent fight but that's only if she has super strength.

@Chuckman I think that may only work on Shinji but that's only if A) She can find them or B) If he can't retract them.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri May 02, 2014 5:27 am

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:RT

I suddenly wonder, since when does this bad twillightey fanfic enjoy equal cannon status to things created by actual participants in the original project?

Just a thought. We might as well add the Shinji & Warhammer 40k and Nobody Dies casts who would also pwn them all, but that list would get long fast.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Fri May 02, 2014 9:55 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I suddenly wonder, since when does this bad twillightey fanfic enjoy equal cannon status to things created by actual participants in the original project?

Just a thought. We might as well add the Shinji & Warhammer 40k and Nobody Dies casts who would also pwn them all, but that list would get long fast.

Dammit Kendrix! Y u steal my ideas :fistshake: I was gonna use fanfiction as my grand finale :spout: It's ruined now. I was gonna have ARSENAL Shinji and Warhammer Shinji throw down.

The person who wrote Anima is also part of the production team? Well that's a bitch.

Please don't compare Re-Take to Twilight :facepalm:, everyone always compares something they hate to Twilight, Ms Meyer did her best using what little imagination and faith she has in herself as well as the others of her gender.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Fri May 02, 2014 12:00 pm

You were warned.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Thomas68
Lilith

EVA 01 vs EVA 02

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

I created this topic becuase I don't know if already exists a lot of topics that already discussed that. In case of that feel free to lock this post of mine.

I just wanted to know what you guys think what would happen in a battle between EVA 01(Shinji) and EVA 02(Asuka). On one side we got EVA 01 who is the most important (at least for Gendo) and powerful unit and its pilot that without ever seeing an EVA in his life acomplished some missions and reached a great rate in synchronization. On the other side we got EVA 02(Asuka) and its pilot who trained to be a pilot since childhood and also acomplished missions sucessfully.

I think it would be a draw since both pilots have great synch rates and killed some Angles on their own, but on a extreme occasion, Shinji would win due to the Berserk Mode. What you guys think?
I've got nothing better to do, so I have registered myself here!

Atropos
Tabris
Tabris

•      
  •      

Postby Atropos » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

Yeah, the berserker thing is a huge advantage for Shinji, even without the S2 engine. My guess is Asuka beats on Shinji until he's almost dead, then Yui takes over and beats the ever-loving shit out of Kyoko.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 pm

Assuming they are on equal footing (no S2 Engines, no Berserk, Pseudo-Evolved or Beast Mode), Asuka wins. She was trained for conventional fighting since she's a little kid and can do things that Shinji couldn't do even in his dreams, her final fight against the MP-Evas are proof of it.
The problems with the Angels is that only a few of them fight conventionally, most of them have really weird gimmicks for which combat training is useless, punching Leliel's Dirac Sea is useless, as well as trying to hit Arael with anything short of a Spear while it kills your brain from orbit, as well as throwing anything that's not a Berserk Eva at Zeruel.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm

You should just equalize them. Give them S2 engines, Beserk Mode, Beast Mode, and SoL or SoC.
SPOILER: Show
I wish my battle thread was still open :sniffle:
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:36 pm

View Original PostChaddyManPrime wrote:You should just equalize them. Give them S2 engines, Beserk Mode, Beast Mode, and SoL or SoC.

well why dont we take rebuild unit-01 vs 02 then? since i dont remember rebuild unit-01 having an s2 engine........then again rebuild-01 can turn into a freaking god on a whim so.....yeah as much as i like Asuka and all i really don't see her ever beating 01
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:40 pm

^^

Asuka wins easly. El already said that. On equal footing Asuka wins since she is actually trained. Shinji won only by the virtue of special mecha (this is the argument in pretty much all Eva Unit vs whatever other giant robot discussions)
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:46 pm

^
Yeah but the Good Sir took away all the world ending abilities :sniffle:

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:21 pm

This also makes me wonder in a human battle...

Does Asuka know any martial art? Could she struggle against Shinji out of the EVA? Or Shinji could just defend himself? If he would of course because he's likely let Asuka mess with him... :irked:

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:45 pm

^
I think we've already came to the conclusion in another that Asuka would murderstomp his ass.

EDIT: God I wish the battle thread was still open :sniffle: Nemz , could you open it back up please?

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 pm

I'll just merge the two instead. I'll also reiterate the warning -
This thread needs to have some focus if it's going to stay open.

Asuka beats Shinji in practice through superior training (almost certainly involving some martial arts against other humanoid targets), but he smokes her in angel battles because he's much better at adapting to weird circumstances when plans fail and is simply too damn stubborn to stay down while Asuka is rather prone to giving up if she doesn't succeed immediately.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Madonna
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Madonna » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:32 am

14) CShinji vs CPenPen both have knifes

PenPen, 100%.

Ieyasu
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Ieyasu » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:42 am

View Original PostThomas68 wrote:This also makes me wonder in a human battle...

Does Asuka know any martial art?

I could be wrong but I seem to remember a few panels in the manga where Unit-02 is using what look a bit like one or two martial arts moves on some planes.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:56 am

^
Her martial prowess were blown way out of proportion in the manga, where she single-handedly pawn a gang of punks at least twice her size and thrice her weight, even throwing one against the other!

But seeing her fights in CQC, notably the first fight against Israfel and of course against the MP-Evas, she seems to have some martial training, at least inside the Eva, we don't know if she was trained to fight outside her Eva, and even then, she weight almost nothing so her prowess will be very limited.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:57 am

Hmmm...

The answer for me is WILL(I'm not talking about WILLE!)...

Asuka might know combat in and outside EVA, but Shinji is physichally stronger than her and more calm in situations of danger.

As NemZ pointed, Shinji can adapt to unusual situations and keep (not that much) cool...

Shinji might not know a martial art, but a headbutt, elbow to the head, kick in the belly, punch in the throat should be enough for the fight. If he would, because I don't think he would hit a girl...

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 am

She smokes him easily, in Eva or out, because the very thought of hurting another human being causes him to freeze up. If Shinji's still Shinji there's no way he could fight her.

If he did for some reason, she'd still curb stomp his ass. That would be the end of it unless she actually tried to kill him, at which point Yui would take over and plot hax kthxbai.
For my post-3I fic, go here.
The law doesn't protect people. People protect the law. -- Akane Tsunemori, Psycho-Pass
People's deaths are to be mourned. The ability to save people should be celebrated. Life itself should be exalted. -- Volken Macmani, Tatakau Shisho: The Book of Bantorra
I hate myself. But maybe I can learn to love myself. Maybe it's okay for me to be here! That's right! I'm me, nothing more, nothing less! I'm me. I want to be me! I want to be here! And it's okay for me to be here! -- Shinji Ikari, Neon Genesis Evangelion
Yes, I know. You thought it would be something about Asuka. You're such idiots.

Thomas68
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Thomas68 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:27 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:She smokes him easily, in Eva or out, because the very thought of hurting another human being causes him to freeze up. If Shinji's still Shinji there's no way he could fight her.

If he did for some reason, she'd still curb stomp his ass. That would be the end of it unless she actually tried to kill him, at which point Yui would take over and plot hax kthxbai.

If you want to kill someone, you can kill someone...

Shinji dosen't WANT to kill or harm anyone, especially Asuka. Since Shinji is good in the kitchen he wouldn't have any problems to make some stew with Asuka's brain and innards. Since he isn't a cannibal, he could perfectly slit her throat with a kitchen knife or open her head wide with a meat cleaver or crack her skull with a sledgehammer. Since Shinji isn't a murderer he just avoid being violent because he dosen't want to be violent.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”