Would you chug down Shinji's *****? Now you can!

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CJD
Banned

Postby CJD » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:59 am

The real question is which EGFer is going to try it first?

View Original PostRingworm128 wrote:Definetly unexpected, I did not see this cumming.

Best post in this thread.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:39 am

What are the ingredients, anyway? I'd guess it's just gin/vodka/white rum mixed with coconut liquor and cream, or alternatively with lemon-flavored soda and ice cream and then well shaken.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

Postby A.T. Fish » Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:56 am

Hilariously disturbing. I also looked up the "Asuka on the toilet" figure that has been mentioned in the thread, the same comment applies.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:26 am

Oh Japan, please no!

*tears of laughter*

...I guess the joke was just too good for the merch ppl to pass up?
They have no other way to be memorable.

EDIT:

Wait, this is just a weird cocktail name in a bar.
Cocktail names being all sort of cheap sex-themed jokes is not really anything new; That's just how cocktail names are. ...and the most obvious EVa related cheap sex joke Is... tatata.... yeah.
It's supposed to be funny when you're heavily intoxicated.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:03 am

View Original PostXard wrote:In fact it looks like this is not a product sold in official Eva store or EvaROOM for example, instead this is a product that is avalaible in some of the concept/themed bars managed by fans.

So yeah, this is creation by bar staff that have rights to use the license.

Does it actually say the bars have the license? Or did you make that assumption? I don't really see khara or gainax handing out licenses to fan-run bars since they do have their own proper stores events. Maybe this is just a case of them not caring since it's not that abusive (ie they offer things that do not directly compete with the official stuff). So far we've only see official Eva wine and champagne, not any of the harder stuff.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:33 am

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote:Does it actually say the bars have the license? Or did you make that assumption? I don't really see khara or gainax handing out licenses to fan-run bars since they do have their own proper stores events. Maybe this is just a case of them not caring since it's not that abusive (ie they offer things that do not directly compete with the official stuff). So far we've only see official Eva wine and champagne, not any of the harder stuff.

Assuming it is following the pattern of every other this sort of anime-food-thing there must be permission. I'm pretty sure copyright holders of Eva (huge bunch) would not be too happy about making money with the copyright in this fashion. Anime cafes and the like have always been officially sanctioned with official goods on sale. I got the impression this was like them but it might be like Fire Bombar in Osaka. :shrug:

So I don't pretend to know for sure.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:
Wait, this is just a weird cocktail name in a bar.
Cocktail names being all sort of cheap sex-themed jokes is not really anything new; That's just how cocktail names are. ...and the most obvious EVa related cheap sex joke Is... tatata.... yeah.
It's supposed to be funny when you're heavily intoxicated.

Speaking of which, one of the weirdest feels I've had as heterosexual male was ordering two blowjobs in one local gay bar I was dragged into few times this fall (I must admit they played good music).

So yeah, keeping this mind in too this isn't that outrageous.

Still fucking funny though.

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:46 am

My problem with this case in particular is that these two Nerv Bars have never been mentioned in any official channel as far back as I can recall. We've heard of the various cafes and snacks are available at the Eva store or Eva World. We've had themed food in various places in Hakone as part of the cross-promotion, etc. Similarly the Macross stuff has all been officially pimped and they've managed to stretch out the 30th anniversary into a multi-year event.

These bars on the other hand seem to be just tucked away enjoying the occasionally blogger or twitter review. As far as I could look stuff up I still remain skeptical that they have any level at all of official grace other than perhaps being tolerated or ignored.

Some of the google translations make it sound like the owners are perfectly content with the small scale of being able to enjoy a favorite franchise in a bar form.

Also the decoration seem kinda shabby, just merch from both NGE and ENT all over the place. Not that this wouldn't be any fun. It just says the opposite of official/sanctioned/licensed.
http://tenjinsite.jp/gourmet/g-newshop/detail.php?hid=33288
http://nori510.com/archives/4730
http://black.ap.teacup.com/nwo4file/299.html

EDIT: I agree overall this is hilarious. I'm just puzzled by the lack of skepticism here. Seems a crappy cell phone photo of an unsourced thingi is enough for people to believe there is no limit to merchandising, even if it's literally milking Shinji.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 pm

View Original PostTMBounty_Hunter wrote: literally milking Shinji.

You're making it worse :rei_hissyfit:
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Fireball
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

Postby Fireball » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:11 pm

Wonder about the protein content.

"I was born into the wrong time" - laughed the girl

「<ゝω・)\綺羅星☆!!/
[/size]

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:12 pm

We don't know that yet. Not until Final comes out. God know what's gonna be in it and that'll set the bar (hehehehe) for better/worse.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:32 pm

This is the best thread I've seen over the worse possible drink ever conceived.

I mean, ew!

Though, I'm sure after you've gotten tipsy, ask the bar keep to just whip out whatever and sup rose you with something new, then ask only after you've woken up from a deranged stupor what it was that knocked you from consciousness only to be answered with, "I'm the lowest," well, that's just funny on a number of levels.

Dataprime
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

Postby Dataprime » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:33 pm

:cringe: good god..
I'm sure some crazy fucker will actually buy this too.
:facepalm:

This isn't the Evangelion I want...

I genuinely love how good Evangelion hurts
- Suicidahlia

She's so cute. Like crazy cute. Like "She's giving me the diabetus" cute. - Gendo'sPapa

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:43 pm

I propose that if the bar is still alive by the time Final comes out, whatever Evageeks are going to Japan for the theatrical release visit it and report back.

heavytread
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby heavytread » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: looks like eva has now become better (or worse depending on howyou look at it)then Star Wars at hilariously unnecessary merchandise :lol:

Still admittedly I want to know what it tastes like though :bigeyes:

*runs out of thread*

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:46 pm

Well, I would drink it if for no other reason than to say that I had. But seriously, ew.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:51 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:What are the ingredients, anyway? I'd guess it's just gin/vodka/white rum mixed with coconut liquor and cream, or alternatively with lemon-flavored soda and ice cream and then well shaken.

"It's slightly yellow..." :rei_meh:
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm

You know, Squigsquasher had a CYOA where you could get served a drink with an used condom in it.

UrsusArctos

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm

No, I'm serious. I'm trying to figure out what perfectly good cocktail they've turned into squick. There are lemon-flavored sodas that are colorless.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:04 pm

clearly you've managed to get 'stripping instrumentality project' out of your head, man.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Gorbatschow
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gorbatschow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:21 pm

Every time you think, the fandom has reached the pinnacle of weirdness and dullness, someone comes along and proves you that there's nearly no limit to the weirdness of obsessed fans. :facepalm:
Avatar: Mugen no Juunin- coloured by me | UserPic: Last month's avatar (Eden: It's an endless World)
__
"Everyone has the right to self-determination and every try to classify a human being as better, dumber, worse or gentical assessed is pure fascism and everyone in this country should actually know that“- Serdar Somuncu

“Intelligent men do not decide any subject until they have carefully examined both or all sides of it. Fools, cowards, and those too lazy to think, accept blindly, without examining dogmas and doctrines imposed upon them in childhood by their parents, priests, and teachers, when their minds could not reason.” - James Hervey Johnson

“Science doesn’t give absolute answers; it only shows the most presumable contingency based on actual, practical or theoretical evidences.” – My physics teacher

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”