How would you help the pilots if you worked at NERV?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 am

View Original PostStillborn wrote:When I look at your current avatar, I somehow belive that a man with that face, approaching Shinji with open arms, would actually make him freak out XD

That's the face of a man who knows how to get down.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:05 am

On his queen XD
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:33 am

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:Hire a fucking psychiatrist!
Why no one though of that ever, not even Misato or Ritsuko?!

I think because the Japanese are or were quite harsh regarding those things. Like some sense of pride.

Also, it was suppose to be Misato's job anyways.

If it were to happen in real life, there would have been set my the UN or US to some extent.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:57 pm

Second Impact rescrambled everyone's brainwaves to make them an asshole.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Tian
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Tian » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:04 pm

Read the shirt.

Shinji needs two of those things.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:17 pm

No, he doesn't.

♫ I tanged all human life, because I got high ♫
the prophecy is true

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:22 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:No, he doesn't.

You're right, he needs all three.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

•      
  •      

Postby Chuckman » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:48 pm

What's he going to do with money? Kid wears his school clothes to bed.
the prophecy is true

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:53 pm

View Original PostChuckman wrote:♫ I tanged all human life, because I got high ♫

I was gonna go and save the world, but then I got high
Now I'm stuck on a beach, and I know whhyy...hey, hey!

Because I got high
Because I got high
Because I got high...

It's the natural thing to say 'get a psychiatrist or counselor' for the kids, because it's the most obvious thing they need. If the goal is simply to get them in the Evas, though, and keep them functioning for the purposes of Piloting, the methods may be a lot more cruel than that. Think about how child soldiers are made to function (or, in the West, child celebrities, especially those without supportive families or parents). The methods may be more cruel.

Going with something a little less...draconian, one thing to do is probably remove the kids from Nerv whenever they aren't training or in tests. You know, move them out of the GeoFront, through the world to give them a sense of connection to it. A big flaw they all had was a disconnect from each other, and from the world that went from outright introversion into sociopathic misanthropy when pushed too hard (which is probably what Gendo wanted). Being able to give them that reconnection might do wonders to their mental state: the problem is, how long would Commander Ikari allow it, and when would he pull the rug to make the kids even more screwed up then they already are?
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:29 pm

View Original PostGob Hobblin wrote:Going with something a little less...draconian, one thing to do is probably remove the kids from Nerv whenever they aren't training or in tests. You know, move them out of the GeoFront, through the world to give them a sense of connection to it. A big flaw they all had was a disconnect from each other, and from the world that went from outright introversion into sociopathic misanthropy when pushed too hard (which is probably what Gendo wanted). Being able to give them that reconnection might do wonders to their mental state: the problem is, how long would Commander Ikari allow it, and when would he pull the rug to make the kids even more screwed up then they already are?

The problem is that they can't, an Angel could attack at any moment(even with the SDSS, it only tell their order of appearance), so the pilots must be constantly on guard duty in Tokyo-3.
If you remember the topic was brought up in the episode "Magma Diver" when the pilots were prohibited to go with the rest of their class at the field trip at Okinawa for that precise reason.

At least they can freely wander around in Tokyo-3 during their spare time.(at least until Rebuild 3.0, I doubt the AAA Wunder had many attractions... :D )
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Gob Hobblin
First Ancestor
First Ancestor

•      
  •      

Postby Gob Hobblin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:48 pm

Are you kidding? Have you seen the Wunders gall bladder? Eighth wonder of the world, my friend.
Though, Gob still might look good in a cocktail dress.
-Sorrow

Rei wanted to know what waffles tasted like.
-Literary Eagle

We have to remember what's important in life: friends, waffles, and work. Or waffles, friends, and work. But work has to come in third.
-Leslie Knope

Come read EVA Sessions! This place has it, too! There'll be pizza! Not really! There are other things, too! Not EVA Sessions! Did I mention the pizza!?

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:34 pm

Must get boring after the first dozen years, and not exactly a very romantic place, at least if you ask someone in marriage it would be literal under the gaze of god(ess)! :hitthetable:
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:42 pm

TOPIC, BITCHES.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Katana
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Katana » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:08 pm

I think killing them all would be the best thing to do. After all I'd save the world from Instrumentality. Which one's life I'd like to end first? I guess Asuka or either Shinji.

EVAfacepalm
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby EVAfacepalm » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:50 pm

How much OOC knowledge do we get? Because the problem with the pilots is that they hide their problems too deeply for anyone other than those close to them to notice.

Now, if I had even the slightest bit of knowledge about Kaworu, it might be possible to save Shinji from being completely broken.
According to Seele, Tang is the ultimate form of life. I guess that means the astronauts are committing genocide all the time then.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

•      
  •      

Postby NemZ » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:57 am

View Original PostKatana wrote:I think killing them all would be the best thing to do. After all I'd save the world from Instrumentality.

No, it woudn't. Neither Asuka nor Shinji is actually important for those plans and everyone involved can certainly make do without them. Rei is a different matter, but she's much more difficult to kill... and she's only important for Gendo's "good end" version. Killing her just means slowing him down and making it more likely Seele gets the win for the ultimate "bad end".

Also, stop trying to be Stillborn 2.0 - It doesn't suit you.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

Stillborn
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Stillborn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:14 am

Exactly. I would know that wheter they live or die is inconsecuntial for instrumentality and wouldn't change the outcome. I would suggest that only to put them out of their misery :tongue:
Another jaded man.
Wciąż stoję nieruchomo, w nieżywym już szeregu. Umieram na stojąco, niech inni giną w biegu.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:23 am

I did recommend boot camp for Shinji. Asuka really didn't do anything wrong in EoE. If anything she was screwed over by things she had no control of. Sending Shinji to boot camp will get his mind to much more important things rather than his drama and angst. Therefore cementing that mentality may have him do differently in EoE. Instead of worrying if the girl likes her, he is more interested in protecting the world which Shinji never cared about.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:32 am

Since he was forced by guilt-trip to pilot the Eva and fight the Angels, forcing him into a boot camp while the rest of the pilots can continue their everyday life will only serves to make Shinji more resentful against everyone and discourage him even more to care about the world.

For it to work Shinji must go into that boot camp voluntarily, and for that first you should gain his trust and make him realize that there is people he cares for(Misato, Asuka, Rei, Toji...) and that this boot camp could help him to protect them better.
The problem is the time : there is so much you can do before the mind-screwer Angels(starting by Leliel) come into the picture and start destroying everyone's mind.

SimplyMason0
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby SimplyMason0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 am

forcing him into a boot camp while the rest of the pilots can continue their everyday life will only serves to make Shinji more resentful against everyone and discourage him even more to care about the world

Actually no.
Asuka already had years of training. So boot camp could have been implied to be one of them.
Rei did have some training so she would have gone too atleast, on paper.
Touji would have been the same as Shinji
Kaworu is an angel so stuff like that wouldn't matter and would be on paper.

For it to work Shinji must go into that boot camp voluntarily

It should come with the job. The world is more important than Shinji. He did get training but he wasn't hammered in to WHY he should fight. Misato was more sympathetic to his angst. Thats not how it should work. He needs it hammered in to him to protect the world. In fact, letting him live a normal life with low training is more harmful. Unlike Asuka, he is just a newcomer.

Then again, if Nerv was that competent, they would be planning Unit 01 and Unit 03 pilots ahead of time before like Asuka without the need of getting kids like Shinji or Touji

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”