Fave Couple

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Gamer_2k4
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Gamer_2k4 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:08 pm

Ornette wrote:
Gamer_2k4 wrote:Well it's just his mom's SOUL...though I don't know how much our laws touch on that sort of thing.

Rei has Lilith's soul, but presumably, her body has genetic material from Yui.

Oh, that's right. Then yeah, there'd be incest issues.
Gamer_2k4

Evangelion__x
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby Evangelion__x » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:12 pm

universalperson wrote:
Evangelion__x wrote:Shinji and Rei, for sure! :D

And besides, incest is wrong.

Not exactly.

And whatever, it's not like I'm the only one who shares this opinion. :kawaii:

Xard
Banned

Postby Xard » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:26 pm

Romance between confused, damaged fourteen year old boy and asexual, godly foremother being whose natural body is made of marshmallow and whose clone body starts to fall in pieces immeaditly after medication runs out, who doesn't understand jack about feelings or alien (to her) human thought processes, who is tormented by her true being and wishes to return in nothing and really cares about nothing? On the top of that she's genetically (mostly) clone of Yui Ikari and unless Shinji has bad case of Oedipus Complex that alone would stop all sorts of, uh, involvement

Yes, sounds plausible indeed

Compared to that romance between two confused, damaged fourteen year olds who are so very similar apart from surface and whose possible romance potential is strongly hinted, not least by the very last scene... Other one is quiet and non-confrontational and other is complete bitch?

Oh boy, that sounds utterly nightmarish ride for those two at least for the first months (if they make that far) but still far more working and plausible than romance between human boy and marshmallow (unisex?) entity

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

Pairings

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:09 am

Unlike the "Batshit Crazy Pairings" thread post pairing ideas you like and that don't sound completely ridiculous.

Also... No gender bending fan wankery! I am looking at you Synapsid! :nervouslaugh:
===========
ShinjiXRei
HikariXToji

FuyutskiXYui sounds interesting. It seemed like in his interrogation episode and in a bit from EoE it looked as if Fuyutski might of had feelings for Yui.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:15 am

I always like a bit of the old A/K myself.

it looked as if Fuyutski might have had feelings for Yui.
Of course he did. He was a ronery guy, and there was this hawt grad student who didn't need to supplement her grades. Why do you think his subsumption was as it was?
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Cypher
Adam

Postby Cypher » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:28 am

I've always been for Shinji/Rei.

It probably would have happened in the show to if Shinji hadn't been shown all the Rei clones lol.

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:05 am

Shinji / Asuka has always been my favorite Eva pairing, although it's one of the more obvious ones. For a more offbeat pairing, I like Misato/Makoto. Makoto is a stable guy and is very loyal to Misato, and I think the two of them could do quite well together.
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 am

Skipping past the minefield of inevitable red/blue flamewar, I'd actually like to see more Shinji/Hikari. The kid needs someone more emotionally stable than himself and capable of putting his ass in line, and if she opened her eyes Hikari might notice that 'Gomen-kun' has what she sees as Toji's good quality in abundance.

go team blue!
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

Postby SaltyJoe » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:10 am

Asuka/Hikari: Yes, i could see it work. Sue me.

Shinji/anyone but Asuka: The romantic in my heart is open to almost anything, but IMO the Brat and the Wimp are the exact opposites of what would be beneficial for either.

Misato/Kaji: The only real, mature relationship that gets exposure in the series and is not Yui/Gendo.

I wonder who will be the favored companion for Mari within the fandom....

NemZ, in extra tiny fonts wrote:go team blue!

Hiding behind mini-characters, i see:)?

Also, not to sound like a mod, but i'm sure that there are a million similar threads like this, still open.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:16 am

SaltyJoe wrote:Asuka/Hikari: Yes, i could see it work. Sue me.

You could almost get some support from canon.

SaltyJoe wrote:Shinji/anyone but Asuka
If he'd played his cards right, it would have been closer to everyone but...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

NickFury90
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby NickFury90 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:00 am

Shinji/Asuka was the only kid paring that made sense to me, homosexual overtones be damned.

NemZ
Token Misanthrope
Token Misanthrope

Postby NemZ » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:14 am

Mr. Tines wrote:closer to everyone but...

The one just above and the right has a kind look to her, with maybe a hint of mischief. I think she's the one who asked the question in the first place come to think of it, though I'd have to watch the scene again to be sure.
Rest In Peace ~ 1978 - 2017
"I'd consider myself a realist, alright? but in philosophical terms I'm what's called a pessimist. It means I'm bad at parties." - Rust Cohle
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize that half of 'em are stupider than that." - George Carlin
"The internet: It's like a training camp for never amounting to anything." - Oglaf
"I think internet message boards and the like are dangerous." - Anno

i_Love_Asuka
Clockiel
Clockiel

Postby i_Love_Asuka » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:21 am

Asuka/me! :nyao:

sorry if that is getting lame and predictable but it's simply the thruth...
"My awesome awesomness is so awesome that no other awesome awesomness in the entire awesome universe of awesome awesomness is that awesome!" - the guy who said it (i was)
"when i ask my girlfriend to act and behave more like Asuka, and she slaps me in the face, does that mean she agrees?" - I_Love_Asuka
"I'm here to love my Asuka and kick ass! and i'm all out of ass..." - rip off of LittleKuriboh
"For someone called "i_Love_Asuka" your pretty hard core" - Defectron
"sorry, i prefer i_Love_Asuka, he's a real man!" - Soljer13

Shackel
Adam

Postby Shackel » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:06 am

Personally, I'd like to see a Shinji/Hikari.

It is one of the most plausible relationships BESIDES Hikari/Toji due to both Shinji and Hikari being extremely shy and independent.
Don't you hate it when people have unimaginative signatures?

schismatics
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

Postby schismatics » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:54 pm

My fist/Asuka's face.

That would TOTALLY work out fine.

BattleMonkey
Leliel
Leliel

Postby BattleMonkey » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:25 pm

Asuka/Shinji is great, but I think Shinji/Hikari would work good too.

Misato/Kaji is just tons of fun and you wish they would get together since they seem like a very cool couple.

Hotaru
Embryo

Postby Hotaru » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:36 pm

Makotox Misato
tojixhikari
asukaxhikari
GendouxYui
FuyutsukixYui

....Yup.
Last edited by Hotaru on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{(Secretly) I'm Hotaruzuki everwhere else...}

{(Secretly) I enjoy flirting with girls because its funny to see the guys wimper...}

{(Secretly) I have an odd tendancy to fall for gay (or near-to-gay) guys...}

Orphan Of Darkness
Israfel
Israfel

Postby Orphan Of Darkness » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:49 pm

Asuka/Shinji

Misato/Kaji

Gendo/Yui
EvanGelion:GLIA @A fanfiction project in progress. ~Updated-Mar 15th/2011~ |DeviantArt

-
"Make good use of this money, Rei. I

Timstuff
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Timstuff » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Shackel wrote:Personally, I'd like to see a Shinji/Hikari.

It is one of the most plausible relationships BESIDES Hikari/Toji due to both Shinji and Hikari being extremely shy and independent.

Hikari is hardly what I would call shy. She's the class rep, and she's usually the one to pull in the reins on Toji and Kensuke.

BTW, has anyone seen any MisatoxMakoto fanfics? In my experience they've been quite rare...
DeviantArt profile being re-invented... Check back later.

Sammaeloo
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

Postby Sammaeloo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:40 pm

It looks like almost no one is pairing up poor Kensuke...
Seize the day.....by the throat....
I hate mcdonalds because their mascot is a creepy spooky clown who looks like he smells funny. Seriously every time I see ronald I think he's secretly some sort of rapist who turns people into hamburgers. Also their food sucks. -Defectron
Our plumbing is messed up and my dad will not call anybody because he's a cheap asshole. Fuck you old man, fucking call someone. Some of us want to stay sanitary. -backseatjesus

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”