The most disturbing moment in Evangelion

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 am

Two instances the first time through: When Shogouki was ripping Bardiel apart and when the Harpies where dissecting Nigouki. That was just sick to watch. Then when Asuka was pleading on the verge of death, then to have several spears land in Nigouki was disturbing.

Noephon
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Noephon » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:54 pm

Rewatching EoE a few days ago, watching GNR's eyegina get poked out disturbed me less than the Prime Minister scene, actually. That will NEVER stop disturbing me. I'm not even sure why. It's some combination of the extraneous pendulum and the shot's similarity to shots of Gendo at his desk.

Shinji's Faptastic Adventures in Boobie Land was, to me, one of the least freaky, horrendous scenes in that movie. Of course, since I'm the only person on Earth who found the Rei-Kaworu-Shinji-farmland scene heartwarming and 'One More Final' an improvement on most conceivable alternatives, my emotional reactions to EoE probably don't bear that much weight.

The ring of GNR blood around the Earth was also pretty messed-up, but in a less horrific way than the eyegina poke or the hand-splash.
Maya: Oh no, the Evas have begun generating an anti-AT field.
Aoba: That could be meaningless techno-jargon, but I bet it means that spectres of Rei will appear to everyone on earth, flash into an image of their secret sexual fantasies and then make their heads pop into magic placenta goo, right?
Hyuga: *pop*
Aoba: Ooh, good guess! *pop*
Gendo: Oh no. It turns out that deep down in my heart, I'm a big emotional coward - a badass version of Shinji. I feel so hollow now.
Shinji: Third Impact destroys the barriers between all human minds. Now I can be rejected simultaneously by every woman in the world!

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:23 pm

(Screenshot posted on this thread: [url]http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1263&start=0[/url] - courtesy of Hiromakuta)

Now this really freaked me out!! Our hero superimposed on the multiple female bodies of his hot co-worker/his father's perv-object/his mum/the mother of all mankind... :twitch:
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:26 pm

But we knew all along that Shinji wanted teh BQQBIES!
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Barinax
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Barinax » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

It could be Maya, you know.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:58 pm

Mr. Tines wrote:But we knew all along that Shinji wanted teh B(.)(.)BIES!

--Fixed

@Zerogoki: There is a thread for that pic somewhere around this site.
REBUILD ≠ SERIES! GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK F***ING SKULLS!! :fistshake:
MyAnimeList

Zerogoki
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Zerogoki » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:12 pm

@ Action Bastard:
Zerogoki wrote:(Screenshot posted on this thread: http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1263&start=0 - courtesy of Hiromakuta)

:tongue:
I just thought it deserved a brief mention here because it broke my mind!! :scanners_head:
zerogokiru theories make Zerogoki want to hit walls...
#I've got a soul,
But I'm not going to tell you whose...#

"It was originally Happy Magic Virtue Shield." NAveryW on the heap of odd that is the Enchanted Shield of Virtue...
Brikhaus: "I would use Eva-02 (because it's red) to deliver toys to all the good little girls and boys of the world on a single night. That night? September 19th, which is Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:14 pm

ok, I got ya. Now, pick your brain matter back up and put you head back together.
MyAnimeList

swamp147
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby swamp147 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:13 pm

I just remembered another disturbing scene when watching EoE for the nth time last night. For some reason, Shinji choking Asuka in the spilled coffee scene made me uncomfortable. It's so unshinjilike to strangle someone, and unasukalike to not resist. Plus, the hand closing around the neck, with all the visible choking-contour-lines on her neck ... agk.

The other strangling scenes weren't as bad, although the strangling in the final scene comes at a close second. Naoko strangling Rei I actually shocked me the most because it was so sudden and unexpected, and was done to a little girl. I don't mind Evas strangling each other though.

Wow Eva has a ton of strangling in it hahaha.

Action_Bastard
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Action_Bastard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:03 pm

Anno was probably strangled at one point, though some of us might want to now.
MyAnimeList

Iron Rooster
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Iron Rooster » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:01 am

Oddly enough, there actually was a thread about strangling . . .
STROOPWAFELS!!!!!!!
Don't trust a prince on a white horse. He probably likes to rape dolls.
Dumbest thread I've ever started

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

What was the most horrifying/disturbing part of NGE for you?

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:26 pm

Topic.

What scared you most in this series?

Was it the parental abandonment, the gore, the Eva's true faces, the mutations, the cruelty and near insanity off the cast, or something else entirely?
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Joseph the PRPD
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Joseph the PRPD » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Shinji jerking off to Asuka's comatose state.
GNR graphically decomposing.
The second half of EoE.

EDIT:
x2 edit: Never mind.
This is for either a theme in the show, or a scene that scared you. Big difference. I don't mean a scene or theme that made you jump out of your seat in shock, I mean one that scared you more subtly....

'kay. Was just asking.
Last edited by Joseph the PRPD on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cheese wheel in the U.S. Coast Guard.

CyberXIII
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby CyberXIII » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:35 pm

No.

That thread was for obvious scenes that shocked you the most.

This is for either a theme in the show, or a scene that scared you. Big difference. I don't mean a scene or theme that made you jump out of your seat in shock, I mean one that scared you more subtly....
"Crapsack worlds and anti heroes have their place. Sometimes, they are very necessary. But an endless diet of dreary cyberpunk and dark fantasy won't do us any more favors than an endless feast of glurge. I'd argue that the cynical nature of these really hurt our ability to hope and work for better. It gets us to accept the hopelessness and jaded outlook of things as 'That's the way it is. I can't change it,' and stops us from fighting when we NEED to fight."

I am ask-shinji-ikari on tumblr.com. Feel free to ask me questions!

Guyver Spawn
DNA Donor
DNA Donor

•      
  •      

Postby Guyver Spawn » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 am

Most of the second half of EoE, and the sceen where Unit 01 eats Zeruel. I don't know why but that sceen creep me out for a odd reason.
Xbox live gamertag: Guyver Spawn 27
PSN: Hellspawn28

AVman9
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby AVman9 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:08 am

The way all of the characters that you felt connected with were just "killed off" in EoE. Misato's death especially got to me.

Also the the situation between little Asuka and her mother frightened me a bit. ("Won't you come to heaven with me?"...walks into the room and sees her hanging there)

Also the entire concept of instrumentality got to me. Only in death do we have perfect understanding of one another.
Take a wild guess at what the AV means....
Adult Video? -The Eva Monkey

You raise the blade...
You make the change...
You rearrange me 'till I'm sane...

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:12 am

By the time I had first watched the series and EoE my mind had already been numbed and exposed to countless horror movies, and a few real life horrors, so nothing particularly freaked me out about Evangelion.

Though, the closest to it was this (despite being more awesome than scary):

- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

Uriel Septim VII
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Uriel Septim VII » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:25 am

Sandbox scene.

"Shinji, come play with us."

"NO! GET AWAY!"
AVATAR-- Hedy Lamarr: actor, inventor of spread spectrum communications technology, and main villain of Blazing Saddles.

You know what, rip me off once, shame on me. But twice? I'm coming after you and taking back what's mine. --Billy Mays

Evangelion 01
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelion 01 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 am

EOE(ALL OF IT!)

and EVA 00 Kai and Rei getting blown up made me sad/angry. :rei_hissyfit: :eva01_roar:
Shinji/Rei/Mana shipper and fan of Evangelions 00,01 and 03

BGMLV
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby BGMLV » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:02 pm

By saying Jacking off in front of a lady in the hospital is A-OK! T_T
I must not run away.........from logic. ^_^

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”