Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

scorpew
Embryo

Re: Dreams about Evangelion...

•      
  •      

Postby scorpew » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:42 am

View Original PostMelkor wrote:I recently had another interesting and somewhat vivid dream about Evangelion, this one being about what Shinji and Asuka did after waking up on the beach in End of Evangelion. After Shinji stops choking Asuka, he gets up and starts to walk away, leaving Asuka behind on the beach. When Asuka wakes up, she finds a message Shinji left in the sand that said something like "Don't come looking for me. I've failed as a human being." From this it seems that Shinji feels a mixture of both guilt and shame towards Asuka, both for masturbating over her while she was unconscious, and for trying to choke her, and so he can't bring himself to face her. Deciding that Asuka would probably be better off without him, Shinji goes off to survive on his own in the post-apocalyptic landscape, and Asuka does the same.

A large amount of time then passes, roughly 20 years, and Shinji and Asuka are both shown living by themselves in makeshift homes they have created. The two have not spoken to each other at all during that time, and avoid going near each other if they can help it. The dream didn't show much of what Asuka's makeshift home looked like, but it showed a glimpse of Shinji's, where he appeared to be growing a patch of watermelons (I guess some of Kaji rubbed off on him). Shinji being able to grow watermelons shows that at least some plants have returned, and possibly some animals as well, but more complex organisms such as humans have not yet returned from the sea of LCL. As a pastime, Shinji would use the leftover rinds from the watermelons to make little sculptures, some of which resembled Angels he has defeated. Shinji also kept a headless scarecrow in his watermelon patch, likely a representation of Kaworu. In these 20 years they have been apart, Shinji and Asuka seem to have both matured and regressed in various ways. With nobody else around to talk to, Shinji and Asuka find various outlets for their loneliness. Shinji keeps a severed white arm with him that he often talks to as though it were a living person, possibly a remnant of Rei, (most likely it’s the same white arm he was holding onto in Last B unused ending), and Asuka similarly has a hand puppet she has crafted which she often talks to (this seems to imply that she has gotten over her hatred of dolls). It was just sad, seeing how Shinji and Asuka have been talking to these inanimate objects for 20 years. I would imagine that they've probably started to go a little insane from it.

The fact that humans have still not returned from the sea of LCL after all this time seems like it could be a sign that there is something more that might need to be done. Maybe there is one final step that needs to be undertaken in order to fully undo Human Instrumentality and set humanity free from the sea of LCL so they can start to regain their forms, and the only way to do that is for Shinji and Asuka to work together. The problem though is that the only two people left on Earth who can do this refuse to talk to each other and have actively avoided one another for 20 years. Shinji and Asuka being the only two people left on Earth also kind of serves as a parallel to Adam and Lilith and how they were the first two beings on Earth, Shinji representing Lilith in this case and Asuka representing Adam.

Eventually this changes when Shinji and Asuka cross paths one day while scavenging for supplies in the ruins of Tokyo 3, both of them now full grown adults. If they were both 14 years old when Third Impact occurred, then 20 years later they would both be around 34 years old. As the two silently pass by each other, Shinji tries to ignore Asuka and leave. Unexpectedly, Asuka then breaks down into tears and says to Shinji: "Would you just say something already!", finally breaking the silence between them. Shinji is surprised to hear Asuka speak to him for the first time in 20 years, and it is then that the sad irony of the situation comes to light. Shinji reveals that he thought Asuka hated him and would not want to see him anymore, which is why he avoided her for 20 years, and Asuka likewise reveals that she thought Shinji hated her and would not want to see her anymore, which is why she avoided him for 20 years. That right there just destroyed me. This whole time, the two of them were basically living under the exact same assumption about the other, one that easily could have been resolved if they had just tried talking to each other. The dream ended there, so I can only imagine what would have happened next. Hopefully something positive, like Shinji and Asuka maybe opening up to each other now and starting to repair their bond.

Damn, that's a good dream. Why is Shinji Lilith and not Adam?

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:05 pm

View Original Postscorpew wrote:Damn, that's a good dream. Why is Shinji Lilith and not Adam?

My guess is because of their Evas. Shinji piloted Unit-01, which was a clone of Lilith, and Asuka piloted Unit-02, which was a clone of Adam. Also, it's kind of like a subversion of expectations. Normally people would be quick to assume that the male in this case (Shinji) would represent Adam, while the female in this case (Asuka) would represent Lilith, but here it's reversed, with the more feminine acting of the two (Shinji) being Lilith, and the more masculine acting of the two (Asuka) being Adam.

Luigi shinji
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Luigi shinji » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:30 pm

Yesterday I dream that I go to watch the new EVA movie with Misato

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:10 am

Melkor wrote:
My guess is because of their Evas. Shinji piloted Unit-01, which was a clone of Lilith, and Asuka piloted Unit-02, which was a clone of Adam. Also, it's kind of like a subversion of expectations. Normally people would be quick to assume that the male in this case (Shinji) would represent Adam, while the female in this case (Asuka) would represent Lilith, but here it's reversed, with the more feminine acting of the two (Shinji) being Lilith, and the more masculine acting of the two (Asuka) being Adam.

Darn... Your dreams are so complex... also sad... I had a few EVA related dreams/nightmares contrary to the belief that when I finally got to cosplay Asuka the dreams will stop as with other characters... The old Sigmund would have a field day analysing our dreams. :emogendo: I can almost imagine that. Him sitting in a chair looking at me and saying "Calm down fräulein and tell me what happened next." While holding and nuzzling a loaf of bread. :w00t:

I bet it means something but I don't really care that much. I am always having dreams from Asuka's point of view and running from something. :bigeyes: Either in my old school or what I imagine is Tokyo-3. The worst kind of dreams are the drowning in the entry plug and thanks a ton :facepalm: , being shredded by the MPs. That is one I could really do without. There are nice ones too like being with the pacific fleet. I had that one when I dozed off at the beach when I was at vacation. Woke up almost burned. :D Some I remember better than the others. Mostly the "painful ones"

Melkor
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Melkor » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:29 pm

View Original PostCaroline L.S. wrote:Darn... Your dreams are so complex... also sad... I had a few EVA related dreams/nightmares contrary to the belief that when I finally got to cosplay Asuka the dreams will stop as with other characters... The old Sigmund would have a field day analysing our dreams. :emogendo: I can almost imagine that. Him sitting in a chair looking at me and saying "Calm down fräulein and tell me what happened next." While holding and nuzzling a loaf of bread. :w00t:

I bet it means something but I don't really care that much. I am always having dreams from Asuka's point of view and running from something. :bigeyes: Either in my old school or what I imagine is Tokyo-3. The worst kind of dreams are the drowning in the entry plug and thanks a ton :facepalm: , being shredded by the MPs. That is one I could really do without. There are nice ones too like being with the pacific fleet. I had that one when I dozed off at the beach when I was at vacation. Woke up almost burned. :D Some I remember better than the others. Mostly the "painful ones"

I'm surprised to see a response so long after my initial post. I'm always glad to hear people's thoughts. Sometimes when I am really into a show or series, like Evangelion, my hyperactive and imaginative brain will often end up creating some pretty elaborate dreams with stories in them involving those shows or series.

Caroline L.S.
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Caroline L.S. » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:51 pm

View Original PostMelkor wrote:I'm surprised to see a response so long after my initial post. I'm always glad to hear people's thoughts. Sometimes when I am really into a show or series, like Evangelion, my hyperactive and imaginative brain will often end up creating some pretty elaborate dreams with stories in them involving those shows or series.

^_^ Yeah well the time flies. Especially summer when you are cosplayer. I finally found my way back to these parts to share a few dreams but ultimately got lazy writing. I find your dreams interesting even if a bit sad. It is strange to dream from the third person point of view since I don't think I ever dreamed anything like this. I always get to be someone central to the story and mostly also know who. Maybe that is why my dreams feel so vividly real. Maybe because I usually tend to write those dreams down. Who knows.

Southern4501
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Southern4501 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:16 pm

I've had one or two every once in awhile. The most recent one was being Asuka; going through tests inside of 002; and another having a argument with mari I believe.

ROOK13
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ROOK13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:52 am

I had a dream where i went to one of my closest friend's house.His sister was Asuka(though he has no sis).At first i was shocked,because she was so real and and so...Asuka(short dresses and rage). But dunno why my brain made me see this,but she was literely flirting and hogging on me(FYI i am not a fan of Asuka).even my friend's parent didn't care about any of these.my dream self was literally stunned.But i kept avoiding her.But still she was trying to get on my body like she did with Kaji.from distance my friend was eyeballing me like if he could,he would have set me on fire.and when i was going Asuka hugged me in front of her(my friend's) parent.they just thought that was normal.(lolwut)
After seeing this and waking up,i met my friend,told him and he literaly told me to stay away from his sister.(but he didn't had one) :???:
Last edited by ROOK13 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sympathy for seeds of life

ROOK13
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby ROOK13 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:19 am

Saw a weird one last night.As nerv's tokyo 3 branch got destroyed,they secretly built a base in the middle of a mangrove forest.I don't know why my subconcious brain thinks that a white cross shaped building (as if lilith merged with the building),with two statue of gendo and yui alongside,standing in the middle of a fucking forest can be secret to the world.Whatever nerv only got mp eva-05 with it.Oh by the way yui's still alive.An angel attacked.Like gaghiel it came underwater.Shinji pilots the mp eva and defeats the angel underwater of a river.When the eva came back to ground,it went berserk.Yui came,gave some motherly lecture to the eva and it cooled down.
When yui was outside,ritsuko gave gendo a love letter.Gendo rejects.Ritsuko jumps from the top of the cross shaped building and becomes a blood pancake on the ground. :nyao:
Sympathy for seeds of life

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:47 pm

I did have one dream, sadly it was probably the only time I'd ever had an Eva Dream, this is how it went:

It was a POV so I was seeing everything like if I was there. I was in a forest, the one near Tokyo-3 and I was wondering about it until I stumbled upon the city of course I kept walking around, everything was empty like all of Toyko-3 was evacuated so there were no people or cars it was just empty. It felt cold very cold, I just continued to walk around until I heard an alarm and I saw this giant creature appear. I have no idea what it was so I assumed my brain was making up a random Angel design because it looked so defective and deformed that it felt like a creepypasta. When the "thing" started to attack the Eva Units showed up and fought the thing, sadly because it was a POV of course I was trying to run away from the danger so I didn't see most of the fight but I did hear it and it sounded like it was both winning and losing because I almost got killed by a falling building thankfully Unit 01 caught the building before it could land ontop of me cause they were the only to see me.

The thing that sucks about this dream is that I woke up the moment I was about to hear Shinji talk because it sounded like he was telling me something but because it was muffled I didn't understand what he was trying to say all because I was slowly waking up. So I am mad I never got to either continue that dream or dream longer >:[
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:28 am

Once I had a dream in which Evangelion was made in Dragon Ball GT's artstyle. It was kind like a sequel to EVA. The world was completely destroyed and machines like Giru were ruling society. Asuka was there and she freaked out in the middle of it, leaving Buzz Lightyear (yeah, was also there for some reason) to calm her down.
I think it was the same night I also dreamed about Asuka playing Dragon Ball FighterZ with me. My brother and I had to do the fusion dance so we could beat her in a tournament that was taking place at a local club here in my town. She was that good at the game!
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

C.T.1290
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby C.T.1290 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:22 pm

I had a dream about watching 3.0 + 1.0( I’ve never seen the film yet), and there was about five Shikinami type clones remaining, and they were trying to make a new life for themselves, trying to be their own person. And that would have been rather interesting to see in the final movie.
“This is the way”-The Mandalorian

thewayneiac
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby thewayneiac » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:58 pm

I recently dreamed that Scott (Shin-seiki) and I knew the cast of Evangelion, and I had somehow missed a costume party. Scott was razzing me because I missed Rei in a cute cat suit. "With real cat whiskers that she had slowly collected for months as they fell off of a real cat."
Rejoice, glory is ours. Our young men have not died in vain. Their graves need no flowers. The tapes have recorded their names.
I am all there is.
Negative! Primative! Limited! I let you live.
But I gave you life.
What else could you do?
To do what was right.
I'm perfect, are you?

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”