Dreams about Evangelion...

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

CJD
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby CJD » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:59 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Man, you're really obsessing over this movie aren't you?

It's the curse of Evangelion.
You know you have some fucked up characters when a screenshot of them smiling is the biggest piece of fanservice possible in the series. - Anonymous
Be excellent to each other. -Abraham Lincoln
Asuka is a real person. -Bagheera
Human beings are scum. You people looking down on others for simply feeling an attraction to a fictional character are the real filth. -Kazuki_Fuse
CENSORED BY THE ILLUMINATI

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:40 am

Okay I had one last night. Be warned Spoilers about Rebuild 3.0 follow.
SPOILER: Show
Okay I was reading a manga. The plot of the Manga was that the members of Wille had to get through a cave system. Each chamber was guarded by a Rei clone. No Eva's. As the members of Wille Fight and kill the Rei's, Gendo is watching on a moniter. He muses that although the members of Wille claim to be all rightious they see the Rei's as nothing more than things, and feel nothing about killing them.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:14 am

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Man, you're really obsessing over this movie aren't you?

Just a bit, yeah. :lol: These dreams don't happen that often, though.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

ssguy
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby ssguy » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:33 pm

My most recent Eva dreams all involve Fuyutski and... well let's just say I don't like the implications.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:08 pm

I had a few dreams about Eva in the past few weeks. The first involved some of the characters and me sitting in a bus, which was driving up some nondescript road. The bus reminded me of a particular one that I see here in my city sometimes. It is quite small, about half the size of a regular bus, but nevertheless, it is still a bus. In the dream, Shinji, Rei, Misato, Mari and Fuyutsuki were all on that bus, and I believe that Misato was driving it.
Everyone was talking, except for Fuyutsuki. Misato was saying something about her planning to go and buy some takeaways. At one point I looked at her, and she waved at me. Meanwhile, Mari was fussing about her hair, Shinji was complaining about something and Rei was smiling and talking to me, I cannot remember what she was telling me. I think that Kaworu and Asuka may have been there too, but I do not remember seeing them for very long. At one point, there were lots of images superimposed over what I could see, and I think they were meant to be from Q.
They showed Rei on a train, with morning scenery outside, Shinji and Rei talking to Maya on the phone, with Maya wearing an outfit with a blue scarf. There was also an image of a large explosion.

In the second dream, which was supposed to be set in an NGE context, I think, I was at the school, sitting next to Rei, and Misato was the substitute teacher. She was giving the class a set of instructions, after which all of the students stood up. Everyone, including Rei and Misato were wearing Elizabethan costumes. I believe that the school was holding some sort of Elizabethan day, similar to the one that is held every year for year nine students at my own school. I experienced it when I was a year nine.
Last edited by ReiAyanami25 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。
"I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - SP

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:38 am

I hope that inspires fan art of the Eva kids in elizabethan costumes.

I had another one. I was reading a magazine, and they had an Evangelion special. the first part was a series synopsis, with the usual promo art for the series. Then we had charecter biographies. There were a lot of screenshots. For Rei the screenshots showed her sneaking through a park at night. Hyuuga was secretly tailing her. Rei was sneaking out to water melons in the park? Asuka's showed her inside the entry plug skydiving in Unit-02. Sadly I woke up then.
I'm not sure what I feel about Eva anymore, but I'm pretty sure I don't actually enjoy the series anymore.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 am

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:Okay I had one last night. Be warned Spoilers about Rebuild 3.0 follow.
Okay I was reading a manga. The plot of the Manga was that the members of Wille had to get through a cave system. Each chamber was guarded by a Rei clone. No Eva's. As the members of Wille Fight and kill the Rei's, Gendo is watching on a moniter. He muses that although the members of Wille claim to be all rightious they see the Rei's as nothing more than things, and feel nothing about killing them.

Rebuild meets strategy Video games?
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:01 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Rebuild meets strategy Video games?

Well Rebuild has already been in a Super Robot Wars, so it's already happened.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:14 pm

View Original PostDarkwing wrote:I hope that inspires fan art of the Eva kids in elizabethan costumes.

Perhaps I will give it a go.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

Rei Ayanami's beauty comes from the truth that she has feelings...the struggle to draw your feelings forth, the reconciliation between your surface and your death - that, I believe, is where we truly become alive, truly become human beings." -Hayashibara Megumi

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:35 pm

That's far from Elizabethan, but it's the closest I can get.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:47 pm

Well, I wound up having a dream last year where I punched Asuka so hard in the chest that my hand went through her, mass-production EVA style. I then proceeded to walk around NERV with her still hanging off my arm, making snarky comments at me in Chinese. Still have no idea what that signified.

A.T. Fish
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby A.T. Fish » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, Freud would tell you it was the manifestation of your subconscious desire to screw Asuka. No idea what he'd make of the chinese though, maybe you have an asian woman fetish.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Well, Freud would tell you it was the manifestation of your subconscious desire to screw Asuka. No idea what he'd make of the chinese though, maybe you have an asian woman fetish.

Oh, our good friend Freud, and all of his impenetrable concepts.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Oh, our good friend Freud, and all of his impenetrable concepts.

This is a brilliant reply.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:This is a brilliant reply.

Thank you...
I find that his theories are often shrouded and packaged in spiels of complex, richly layered explanations and examples in order to carry across the bones of a fairly straightforward concept.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:07 pm

View Original PostReiAyanami25 wrote:Thank you...
I find that his theories are often shrouded and packaged in spiels of complex, richly layered explanations and examples in order to carry across the bones of a fairly straightforward concept.

A.K.A. What most high school students are taught to do in their papers to fill length requirements. :lol:

Dante's La Divina Commedia does this a lot as well, but it's to be expected of poetry, and at least his roundabout explanations carry meaning. That kind of language really isn't useful in scientific writing, where brevity is key.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

CX1329
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby CX1329 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 pm

View Original Postriffraff11235 wrote:That kind of language really isn't useful in scientific writing, where brevity is key.

That can get a bit aggravating, as there are too many scientific articles where you can safely skip through half of the content because of all the pointless drivel that lacks any real substance. It makes me think "oh dear lord, would you please get to the point already?". It even happens in scientific debates, where some just like to go on and on with their grandiose speech before attempting to make a point. Sometimes they don't even present a real argument at all.

That said, Freud really stands out in history, because he paved the way for the study of human behavior in a scientific context. Most of his theories have since been either entirely disproven or otherwise modified, but he was the first person to put psychology firmly in the spotlight and push it beyond the boundaries of mere speculation.
Sapientiam autem non vincit malitia.

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm

View Original PostA.T. Fish wrote:Well, Freud would tell you it was the manifestation of your subconscious desire to screw Asuka. No idea what he'd make of the chinese though, maybe you have an asian woman fetish.

Maybe I was having a dream about finding my car keys inside her chest. :hitthetable:

ReiAyanami25
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby ReiAyanami25 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:33 pm

View Original PostCX1329 wrote:That said, Freud really stands out in history, because he paved the way for the study of human behavior in a scientific context. Most of his theories have since been either entirely disproven or otherwise modified, but he was the first person to put psychology firmly in the spotlight and push it beyond the boundaries of mere speculation.

Freud's theories and concepts were essentially the base for modern psychology. In you attempt to interpret them at a level any higher than that, you come to realize that they are indeed a little too primitive, presumptuous and simple. Freud was, in a way, one of a fair number of scientists that wished to discover a single, or a set of simple, seamless theories that fully explained a complex and richly layered topic. This was the motive and vision that lead to the development of theoretical areas of Physics such as String and M theories. Many of Freud's theories were too straightforward, in the manner in which they used a single explanation to cover an entire, rather complex problem or occurrence. Therefore we can only treat Freud's works as a base, simply a starting point for modern Psychology as we know it.

Now, we should adhere to the true topic of the thread from now on.
生は、死の始まり。そして再生は、夢の終わり。

Darkwing
Bardiel
Bardiel

•      
  •      

Postby Darkwing » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:41 pm

It's sort of ironic. My only reoccuring Eva dream seemed to involve Misato's car getting shot into space, and Asuka and Unit-02 having to retrive it. For some reason I had that dream every time I watched the movie Evolution.

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”